What's up?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Morkel, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup NRL Player

Bugger that. Don't suppose fly spray would help lol.

2. Haha, fly spray no good. A 12 gauge shotgun works well though ;)

Horseheadsup likes this.
  3. abashii

abashii NRL Player

I thought that's what .410s were for.

Yeah they work to. I just have a soft spot fom the old boom stick :)

4. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

You sure ya got close enough to take a photo @ChewThePhatt@ChewThePhatt? I'd be noping the **** out of there!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    GKDonkey likes this.
  5. I was up on the back deck looking straight down on it. No way I'd get that close, I've been chased by the fuckers a couple times. Frightened the crap out of me!

6. **** browns man. Put the dog inside.

7. Yeah the dogs are safe mate :)
    I'm quite happy handling most snake breeds, I'm often catching, bagging & relocating them. Browns & Taipans though, I kill on sight. They're just too aggressive & unpredictable. Not to mention deadly as ****.

8. Burn the whole yard man, better safe than sorry.

Porthoz and Nashy like this.
  9. Hahaha...
    It's only the second brown I've seen so close to the house in many years. Keeping the house yard cut V short & having a 3+ meter python living in the roof has usually been enough to keep the scary snakes away.

You've helped me learn something today though...
    The arvo before I saw this snake, we had a grass fire next door. It was a serious fire, 8 fire units in attendance. (Huge shout out & massive credit to rural, local & state fire fighters!!!) The fire burnt about 50 acres, it was stopped about 300 metres from my house.
    Surprise surprise, that big Brown bitch was at my back door the next morning.
    I'll remember next time.
    Cheers bro.

Porthoz and Kimlo like this.
  10. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

Do you own any snakes as pets @ChewThePhatt@ChewThePhatt ? Wanna get a python. I'm one of those weirdos that think snakes and spiders are cool.

GKDonkey likes this.
  11. Honestly mate, spiders freak me out man, seriously freak me out LOL.
    I definitely get the snake thing though. Pythons are beautiful creatures.
    No judgement here bro...✌
    I, for one would not want to "keep" one in captivity. I'm lucky I guess, I live in the bush :)
    Many people do keep them as pets though, & I'm sure they love & look after there serpents :)
    You'll need a license, a good home & a good food supply (ever considered breeding mice & rats?)

12. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

Nah spiders are okay. Sure if it's a red back I'll get rid but I'm happy to let the rest of them be. I'll catch and release huntsman, would rather those dudes around instead of other vermin.

I have heard about needing a license, but yeah I think they're interesting creatures and they don't bother me at all. If it was a taipan then sure...

13. Left my phone at home today. No music, no BHQ, no youtube all day. I was crawling the walls by lunch.

I'm no Gina Linetti but I do rely on this thing a bit too much.

14. Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman QCup Player

We have a lot of pythons and I have always been told that they eat baby browns so we generally leave them alone. Last summer the pythons started eating chickens (we lost 5) so we relocated 4 pythons. This summer the kids found a 6 foot coastal taipan under the clothesline. I went out with the shovel like I would for a brown but couldn’t get near this fucker. He just went “what are you looking at pal!” and charged. In the end I stood back and watched until it went next door (40 acre properties and his house is 400 metres away). Scariest snake ever.

GKDonkey and ChewThePhatt like this.
  15. Tough job today. Coochin Creek...

soup likes this.
  16. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Great Flathead in there.

17. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Definitely not envious. My sister is a police officer and some of the stories she has are pretty scary. Hope you're doing alright

GKDonkey and Jason Simmons like this.
  18. Wasn't fishing...

Declaring Crime Scenes...

19. Sirlee oldman

Sirlee oldman QCup Player

Sorry mate. Don’t try to be a hero. Talk to someone if you need to. Fucken hard job.

soup and Jason Simmons like this.