What's up?

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
Terrible scenario no doubt. Troubling to observe for the living. In the movies, the hero moves on but in real life the attending officers see it in their minds eye over and again. I trust your lot have good psychological support mechanisms .
Apparently...

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Left my phone at home today. No music, no BHQ, no youtube all day. I was crawling the walls by lunch.

I'm no Gina Linetti but I do rely on this thing a bit too much.
This thread got dark real quick, so I just wanted to say great reference there.

NINE NINE!

Jedhead

NRL Player
Left my phone at home today. No music, no BHQ, no youtube all day. I was crawling the walls by lunch.

I'm no Gina Linetti but I do rely on this thing a bit too much.
I obviously haven't reached your level of interaction yet as I have no clue who Gina Linetti is. I'm not intending to google her either as its another step in the wrong direction :-)

We have a lot of pythons and I have always been told that they eat baby browns so we generally leave them alone. Last summer the pythons started eating chickens (we lost 5) so we relocated 4 pythons. This summer the kids found a 6 foot coastal taipan under the clothesline. I went out with the shovel like I would for a brown but couldn’t get near this fucker. He just went “what are you looking at pal!” and charged. In the end I stood back and watched until it went next door (40 acre properties and his house is 400 metres away). Scariest snake ever.
A 6ft taipan, FMD! It's rare to see taipans that big, a granddaddy for sure. I've never been chased by a taipan, have by a couple browns though, fucking frightening man! They're extremely intimidating animals when angry.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
You guys don't know fear until you see a 12-15 foot king cobra sitting in the middle of your alleyway at night time and it rears its head at you. I love snakes but that was my limit. We weren't paying attention and walked wayyyy too close to it.

Also a pretty common Thai news article to wake up to is someone going to the toilet and a snake biting their dick

You guys don't know fear until you see a 12-15 foot king cobra sitting in the middle of your alleyway at night time and it rears its head at you. I love snakes but that was my limit. We weren't paying attention and walked wayyyy too close to it.

Also a pretty common Thai news article to wake up to is someone going to the toilet and a snake biting their dick
Nah, king cobras fine mate... it all depends on how you cook them lol
**** me, that's a big snake. Need to change my undies just thinking about it.

Cult3

State of Origin Captain
Nah, king cobras fine mate... it all depends on how you cook them lol
**** me, that's a big snake. Need to change my undies just thinking about it.
I honestly had no idea how big they grew until I saw one. Incredible animals. I also did a night time motorbike ride into the mountains in Hua Hin and came across an anaconda laying across two lanes of the road. Must have been over 20 foot long. Had to go off road to get around it

Jedhead

NRL Player
We have a carpet python (approx 3-4 metres) living between our yard and across road by the river bank. My wife reversed out the driveway one night and felt the 'speed bump' sensation. It was our python and it just effprtlessly continued on its way across the road to the river bank to look for its dinner. Luckily my wife only drives a mazda 3.

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
A 6ft taipan, FMD! It's rare to see taipans that big, a granddaddy for sure. I've never been chased by a taipan, have by a couple browns though, fucking frightening man! They're extremely intimidating animals when angry.
I was shocked. I couldn’t believe how aggressive it was. Even when I was following it at a pretty respectful distance it kept turning around and charging.

Last edited:

Allo

NRL Captain
Yeah the dogs are safe mate :)
I'm quite happy handling most snake breeds, I'm often catching, bagging & relocating them. Browns & Taipans though, I kill on sight. They're just too aggressive & unpredictable. Not to mention deadly as ****.
Just be aware, they're native species and as such are protected by native wildlife law. I totally get wanting them gone for it to be safe for everyone but be careful

https://www.qld.gov.au/environment/plants-animals/animals/living-with/snakes

GKDonkey

NRL Captain

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter