What's up?

Discussion in 'General Talk' started by Morkel, Sep 15, 2013.

1. soup

soup State of Origin Rep

Didn’t realise the gravity of it. Sorry mate. If you need an ear, PM me.

Jason Simmons likes this.
  2. Allo

Allo NRL Player

They want you to call a catcher lol. I’m not pro or anti either way, just stating that if they find out people are killing snakes, they can be up on charges

abashii, ChewThePhatt and GKDonkey like this.
  3. ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak NRL Captain

4. ningnangnong

ningnangnong HACK THE PLANET!!!

It's 1:30am, I've just got home. I have to get up for work in roughly five hours, and I don't even give a shit.

Good times.

GKDonkey and abashii like this.
  5. **** yeah Ningers, living the dream man.

ningnangnong likes this.
  6. Getting & staying sober is soo fukn challenging.
    #1day@atime

broncospwn and Morkel like this.
  7. Getting sober...
    3am on day three.
    Withdrawals in full swing now.
    Got the shakes, migraine, can't hold food down, can't sleep, sweating like a pig, I **** stink! & I'm moody as ****.
    Day three is always physically the hardest day for me...
    Sometimes self-love has just gotta be tough-love.
    Feeling determined as ****. I got this.
    #1dayatatime

8. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

Any form of fitness excercise will help immensely as you produce your own feel-good dopamine. Good luck in your quest matey.

ChewThePhatt likes this.
  9. Sproj

Sproj

Keep the updates coming!

soup and ChewThePhatt like this.
  10. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

So we lost our home in the floods up in Townsville. I dont think I have fully processed what happened to me and my family. Its been a brutal week and a bit. My ankles are fucked and im on antibiotics and pain killers after going through flood water for rescue. Thankfully my family is okay and we have managed to find accomodation after being homeless for nearly a week after the floods. Cant take anything in life for granted people.

11. Morkel

Morkel

Holy **** dude. Glad you're okay but wow.

soup likes this.
  12. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Only the second worst week of my life though. Considered just giving up during the week, but my partner and kids are **** incredible.

13. That's fucked up man. Happy to hear you & yours are mostly ok.
    Talk to people you trust bro, sharing the trauma now will make it easier to deal with later on.
    Big internet hug for you & yours.

holdzy89 likes this.
  14. Holy shit... that's unreal. Kuddos to your family and yourself for sticking in there. Hopefully things will start getting better and keep getting better!

15. Morkel

Morkel

@holdzy89@holdzy89, were you saved by Gavin Cooper and Antonio Winterstein on a tinnie?

16. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Captain

Or were you saved by Johnathan Thurston selling his jersey?

17. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Hope so. Just doesnt feel like it at the moment.

No, i had to help my kids and neighbours kids down a flooded road that came up past my chest on a little kayak with the help of the army. I did see a few Cowboys out and about though, Cooper and Hampton. I think i saw Moose driving around after the water receeded.

18. Morkel

Morkel

Even the thought of that freaks me out, knowing what can happen with stormwater drains etc. I guess when you're living it you just get the **** on with it, but maaan, full credit to you.

Porthoz likes this.
  19. FaithinHook

FaithinHook NRL Player

Sorry mate just saw your post. If you require any further accommodation assistance, or things like an emergency funding grant or something like that, let me know and can hook you up with something. Am part of the disaster coordination team so if its cash or a roof over your head you might need, give me a shout.

GKDonkey, Tom, holdzy89 and 3 others like this.
  20. holdzy89

holdzy89 NRL Captain

Thanks mate, got the hardest parts sorted after a very difficult week. We have a new home and are slowly replacing what we lost, which was almost everything. We got the flood relief money but it’s mostly going to paying back a bond loan. Appreciate the support mate.

FaithinHook likes this.