What's up?

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Oddly enough, I'd taken the surveillance cameras and set up over to my commercial property, where my more valuable stuff is only just recently and hadn't installed a new one for home. ****. I've had it here for years. Pain in the arse. Oh well, that's the start of my two week break I guess.
Swines.
Sorry to hear that Huge Huge, work hard then what a rotten thing to come home to. Hope something good happens for you soon, and they catch the mongrels.

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Just arrived home from two weeks in the Pilbara, house ransacked.

Cunts.

Big screen tv gone, all drawers pulled out, emptied. Never was one for gadgets or jewelry so, aside from a three year old flatscreen and some sharpnel, maybe ?80$ of change, no real biggie I suppose. Want to bash someone though, feel a bit violated. So tired an ready for bed but now I'm off to buy a new tv.
That's the worst part I think. The Cafe got broken into over the Christmas break, all they got was a Laptop and about $200 of loose change, notes...the bulk had been taken home. It was that feeling of what have they touched? Followed by the next few weeks going into work with that sinking feeling, wondering if they'd been back. Cunts

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
That's the worst part I think. The Cafe got broken into over the Christmas break, all they got was a Laptop and about $200 of loose change, notes...the bulk had been taken home. It was that feeling of what have they touched? Followed by the next few weeks going into work with that sinking feeling, wondering if they'd been back. Cunts
Yeah true, them coming back is obviously a possibility. They'll know that in a few weeks time you'll have all the same stuff again, this time shiny and new. Might I suggest a Home-Alone style series of booby-traps? Seriously though, surveillance is a must, knowing how long you're away from home. Not just covert stuff that will capture them, but big-arse highly visible stuff to deter them.

Working for Lowes back in the mid-late 90s, doing the loss-prevention courses, one of the things we learned was how effective visible deterrents were. We were told that all the stores had previously had comprehensive surveillance systems installed, and it caught EVERYTHING, from the junior floorsweeper scratching his butt, to the dodgy salesman flogging merchandise. But it made zero difference with customer theft, and was too time consuming to detect and track down thieves after the fact. So instead, they installed massive, ugly, fake "cameras" that cost like $1 each and did nothing, but placed in highly visible areas, with decent "Warning - Camera" signs. Theft dropped 80%.

Last edited:

Harry Sack

State of Origin Rep
Yeah true, them coming back is obviously a possibility. They'll know that in a few weeks time you'll have all the same stuff again, this time shiny and new. Might I suggest a Home-Alone style series of booby-traps? Seriously though, surveillance is a must, knowing how long you're away from home. Not just covert stuff that will capture them, but big-arse highly visible stuff to deter them.

Working for Lowes back in the mid-late 90s, doing the loss-prevention courses, one of the things we learned was how effective visible deterrents were. We were told that all the stores had previously had comprehensive surveillance systems installed, and it caught EVERYTHING, from the junior floorsweeper scratching his butt, to the dodgy salesman flogging merchandise. But it made zero difference with customer theft, and was too time consuming to detect and track down thieves after the fact. So instead, they installed massive, ugly, fake "cameras" that cost like $1 each and did nothing, but placed in highly visible areas, with decent "Warning - Camera" signs. Theft dropped 80%.
We did exactly that lol

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Have you had a look at GumTree, Huge? You'd be surprised at how lazy crims are when it comes to the hustle.
It's a thought but really, aside from inconvenience and loss of a tv there's no real damage done. Can't be bothered worrying about it. I'll get a new tv tomorrow after I have a sleep. Give me an excuse to spend some money on myself, a little prezzie. Like smart tvs I do.

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
It's a thought but really, aside from inconvenience and loss of a tv there's no real damage done. Can't be bothered worrying about it. I'll get a new tv tomorrow after I have a sleep. Give me an excuse to spend some money on myself, a little prezzie. Like smart tvs I do.
Go all out and get a really smart one that hides and calls the cops when the bastards break in.
Seriously though I am sorry they did that but glad you’re taking it philosophically. God knows I’d be frothing at the mouth if it happened to me.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Go all out and get a really smart one that hides and calls the cops when the bastards break in.
Seriously though I am sorry they did that but glad you’re taking it philosophically. God knows I’d be frothing at the mouth if it happened to me.
Well yeah, I'm a bit pissed but I've lived here 24 years and this is the first intrusion into the house. I just flicked on my tablet on Foxtel and **** me the first thing is see is a Harvey Norman deal for a 75inch 4K tv with some sort of package foxtel deal for $1995. Ends Monday. Don't know if it's good value but I'll do some overnight research on the tab.

I am going to grab a swann security system while I'm at it. I'll have forgotten about it by tomorrow night or at the least stopped thinking about it. Best revenge is letting go, it was only stuff and whoever did it can't miss what's coming for them in life. When I'm watching the new screen I'll probably be stoked with an even better view and they'll be forgotten.

bb_gun

NRL Player
Well yeah, I'm a bit pissed but I've lived here 24 years and this is the first intrusion into the house. I just flicked on my tablet on Foxtel and **** me the first thing is see is a Harvey Norman deal for a 75inch 4K tv with some sort of package foxtel deal for $1995. Ends Monday. Don't know if it's good value but I'll do some overnight research on the tab.

I am going to grab a swann security system while I'm at it. I'll have forgotten about it by tomorrow night or at the least stopped thinking about it. Best revenge is letting go, it was only stuff and whoever did it can't miss what's coming for them in life. When I'm watching the new screen I'll probably be stoked with an even better view and they'll be forgotten.
What is the make and model of the TV? I'm sure one of the techies on here can advise if it's any good.

Sorry to hear about the break-in, fucking jabronies!

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Rep
Just arrived home from two weeks in the Pilbara, house ransacked.

Cunts.

Big screen tv gone, all drawers pulled out, emptied. Never was one for gadgets or jewelry so, aside from a three year old flatscreen and some sharpnel, maybe ?80$ of change, no real biggie I suppose. Want to bash someone though, feel a bit violated. So tired an ready for bed but now I'm off to buy a new tv.
A good chance they'll come back. Leave a door open....a window.....you want them to come back.

Click........looks like the spider just caught a couple of flies.

soup

State of Origin Rep
A good chance they'll come back. Leave a door open....a window.....you want them to come back.

Click........looks like the spider just caught a couple of flies.

Have never had a break-in, but last year when my partner and I still smoked ciggis, she was out the side having a durry on late dusk and a car pulled up out front across the road, headlights left on with the car running, both Arabic looking blokes hopped out crossing the road and made their way up our driveway towards our open garage door.

The full bushy that she is, walks out and says, “are you right, mate?” They apologise and leg it back to the car and take off.

I left that garage door open in the evenings on weekends for the next month or so, with my new axe waiting beside the inner door.

Weak cunts never came back.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter