What's up?

Jedhead

NRL Player
Just arrived home from two weeks in the Pilbara, house ransacked.

Cunts.

Big screen tv gone, all drawers pulled out, emptied. Never was one for gadgets or jewelry so, aside from a three year old flatscreen and some sharpnel, maybe ?80$ of change, no real biggie I suppose. Want to bash someone though, feel a bit violated. So tired an ready for bed but now I'm off to buy a new tv.
Feel for you man I know the feeling.

soup

State of Origin Rep
I’m sure there was an art thread somewhere around here, but couldn’t find it.

I’ve been in contact with one of my oldest mates, and he took a photo of one of my old drawings (pre 2000’s) of him and his Mrs. it’s lovely to know it’s still cherished and on the mantle. One of my better ones.

9885BCF6-FB5A-4209-A446-93F62A58A98D.jpeg

Haven’t seen it for 20+ years. It’s like revisiting a long lost friend. I know I put 20-30 hours into it. Once you spend that long (or more) on a drawing, it becomes part of the fabric of your identity. I’ve given away everything I’ve ever done.

Nice to revisit.

Last edited:

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
You drew that soup soup? With your hands?!

That is insane. I don't even have the words to describe how impressive that is, and it's the ultimate gift too.

Can I commission you to draw something for me? Haha

Jedhead

NRL Player
I’m sure there was an art thread somewhere around here, but couldn’t find it.

I’ve been in contact with one of my oldest mates, and he took a photo of one of my old drawings (pre 2000’s) of him and his Mrs. it’s lovely to know it’s still cherished and on the mantle. One of my better ones.

View attachment 5276
Top job. My daughter is currently studying at the QCA. She does stuff like this too. Never ceases to amaze me.
- Merged

The NRL site have al 16 Indigenous jerseys on display. I have to say they all look quite outstanding and some of them look simply beautiful. Ours is particularly awesome but my fav would have to be the cows.

Last edited:

soup

State of Origin Rep
There’s one specific drawing/painting that I have left in me, at the least. I’ve been planning it for 5 years.

It’s a beautiful picture of my partner holding my newborn son after feeding him and the lighting is superb.

I’m kinda scared of tackling it which is why I haven’t this far, because the photo is incredible, and the artwork needs to surpass it.

I’ll post it if I ever get the guts to paint it, trying to better the original.

Last edited:

Jedhead

NRL Player
Watching Fox 360. They are absolutely giving it to the Panthers and Ivan Cleary. Kent is about to bust a blood vessel. What a difference winning two games in a row makes for us.

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Brisvegas
Watching Fox 360. They are absolutely giving it to the Panthers and Ivan Cleary. Kent is about to bust a blood vessel. What a difference winning two games in a row makes for us.
Kent really is a total fuckstain !!

Just because Cleary wont tell the media what is going wrong behind the scenes at his club, Kent goes ballistic !!

Such a grubby little germ of a "journalist"

Tom

State of Origin Rep
Geoffrey Rush awarded 2.9mil for lost earnings, on top of the 850k already awarded for defamation against the DT.

Apparently before the court case even started he offered to settle for 50k.

LOL@DT

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
**** the DT. I thought newspapers were supposed to tell us about the facts of a matter and most certainly not suppositions or conjecture. In fact all media is supposed to do that. When you blur the lines or don't let the public know what is fact and that which is opinion then you should lose the rights altogether. If anything in this life is truly sacred then honesty should be it.

Sirlee oldman

QCup Player
I don’t often go full fanboy but today I met one of my heroes. Bruce Pascoe is an Aboriginal man and brilliant scholar who wrote a book called Dark Emu which revolutionises our understanding of Aboriginal culture before white settlement. The book has been successful in it’s own right but now some pretty influential archaeologists are confirming the things he has been saying and within a few years this guy will be acknowledged as a truly significant Australian historian.
He has basically demonstrated that our history of Aboriginal people (and our Education system) has been riddled with lies. Many Aboriginal people (not all, they were diverse) were not hunter gatherers but had progressed to cropping and living in houses before we invaded. Might not seem like much but it’s a huge difference when the justification for taking everything they owned was that they were savages.
I highly recommend anyone who is interested in truth have a read of this book. Dark Emu.

soup

State of Origin Rep
I don’t often go full fanboy but today I met one of my heroes. Bruce Pascoe is an Aboriginal man and brilliant scholar who wrote a book called Dark Emu which revolutionises our understanding of Aboriginal culture before white settlement. The book has been successful in it’s own right but now some pretty influential archaeologists are confirming the things he has been saying and within a few years this guy will be acknowledged as a truly significant Australian historian.
He has basically demonstrated that our history of Aboriginal people (and our Education system) has been riddled with lies. Many Aboriginal people (not all, they were diverse) were not hunter gatherers but had progressed to cropping and living in houses before we invaded. Might not seem like much but it’s a huge difference when the justification for taking everything they owned was that they were savages.
I highly recommend anyone who is interested in truth have a read of this book. Dark Emu.
Added to my reading list. Thanks mate!

Can confirm, it's a fantastic & very enlightening read.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
With my new tv was several apps and one in particular I found interesting. Not at first mind you but it was entirely based on an alleged 'live view from the ISS'. I've seen this before on YouTube but it was crap, it was just old footage or at least recorded footage played on a loop.

Not this though, it's called www.ISS-LIVE.COM and it is actually live! I confirmed it with another site I've been visiting for many years called heavensabove.com. They have an interactive 3d animation that is real time and **** me dead, they are a match. You can cruise around the ISS while it travels in real time, very very interesting. I hoped to live in interesting times and I have been. Now, all I need before I die is confirmation that life, life of any kind exists elsewhere in the universe. That would cap off a good existence.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter

Upgrade to a Contributor Account to remove advertising