What's up?

soup

State of Origin Rep
Do not use Dicamba based products on Buffalo lawns, you will kill it.
Because I don’t have buffalo, I’m not completely sure.

Best bet is do a corner, if it doesn’t work out, try something else.

So cool that there’s a few lawnies here. Big ups to you AndyB AndyB

AndyB

QCup Player
View attachment 5808

This stuff should be fine though. I use it regularly. Pick it up at the big green shed.
The main actives in Bin-Die (Bromoxynal and MCPA) are fine on Buffalo.

Just make sure you do a spot treatment first as some varieties can react differently to others.

When I get he tonight I'll share a photo of a product I've been using this year called Bow and Arrow.

soup

State of Origin Rep
In brissie tonight for an unexpected trip. My old man (adopted) has had just about every test under the sun over the last few weeks. He’s diabetic, has heart problems and now digestive problems. Last night, mum asked me to come down to Bris with them to help keep an even keel, (jokes, sternness, support) to help her to help dad through his next round of tests.

He’s shit scared of death and has been since I can remember. He’s a tough man, but really, he’s a marshmallow (in the best way).

It sucks watching your parents go through these health problems over and over with so few answers, especially with a fresh granddaughter on her way. Dad already has a stent and another vessel in his heart is at 50%, but more concerning is his digestive issues more recently.

I’m being the class clown, keeping spirits high, knowing that dad is trying to be Superman whilst feeling like a scared little child.

Honestly, I guess I feel honoured to be in this position, but after the shit I went through as a child with him, my real father and what most middle aged men become, I just want to give him all the love I can. He transcended his upbringing and later in life became a beautiful human. I just hope his fears don’t stop him from enjoying his latter years.

It’s funny, in a really not funny way, but whilst I dreamed of killing him as a pre/teenager, I respect no man more than the man he has become.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
The realization that parents are still growing up dawns at different times for everyone. Usually it's after they have kids of their own and they become aware they themselves are growing up. My parents were only 28 or so when I was born and it just didn't occur to me that Mum and Dad were maturing and were simply people on the same journey as I. I watched my Mum hold Dad's hand as he meandered through his last few years and wondered how she could possibly cope yet she did, we all can. Yours will as you will.

soup

State of Origin Rep
The realization that parents are still growing up dawns at different times for everyone. Usually it's after they have kids of their own and they become aware they themselves are growing up. My parents were only 28 or so when I was born and it just didn't occur to me that Mum and Dad were maturing and were simply people on the same journey as I. I watched my Mum hold Dad's hand as he meandered through his last few years and wondered how she could possibly cope yet she did, we all can. Yours will as you will.
Thanks mate. That’s very much the situation we are in.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
I did a blood test a few months ago and was completely fine - didn't watch the needle go in.

Did a fasting blood test this morning and bloody fainted! I watched the needle go in and saw the blood come out. Was sitting there fine, nurse had put my band-aid on, and then all of a sudden I got light-headed. Next thing I know I'm waking up with three people in my face saying 'you're okay, we've got you'... for the first five seconds or so after waking up, I had no idea what had happened. I thought I was in the hospital or something and was completely fucked haha. Was a little scary! Sweating buckets too, felt like absolute trash until they got me to lie down and elevate my legs.

Just a weird experience for me, I think I've only fainted once before, and completely forgot how awful it feels when you wake back up and have no idea about anything, and you feel sick as.

I know it happens to people all the time, but yeah, was a different way to start the weekend! I'll make sure I don't watch next time I get a blood test. I wasn't freaked out, but it's like my body was once my mind processed it? Weird the way things work sometimes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter