What's up?

soup

State of Origin Rep
No idea, I just drive. I’m not a very mechanically minded person.

Beautiful to drive though.

soup

State of Origin Rep
Semi, box, roadtrain, flat bed?
Ah! Pantechs with synchro gearboxes. Some of the western runs use semi’s but they are starting me out on the simpler gear. Pretty keen to work up to a combination license soon.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Rep
This year has proven to be a bit of a watershed for my family when it comes to health, aging and mortality. We have yet to really experience great tragedy as of yet, but this year has made it abundantly clear that it hangs over us like a nasty Hurricane on the horizon at the moment. My grandfather has been slowly succumbing to decades of skin cancers which have now really become to catch up with him. He is looking very thin and very frail. He had a car accident recently, which was a nasty shock to the system and confirmed suspicions regarding how fragile he really is. It's sad to say, but we know he is really on the clock now, and his passing will be the first real test of us when it comes to death in the family. I'm predicting it's not going to be pretty, at all.

Then there's my own father, who has just had probably the most roller coaster year when it comes to health since his lung collapsed at a young age. He's into his 70's now, and while he's certainly in far better nick than my grandfather, earlier this year he fell into a deep depression over his deteriorating eyesight, began suffering dizzy spells which caused a nasty fall during the night which almost broke his ribs, suffered breathing problems and huge pain from that for a good 2 months, was rushed to Hospital directly from a GP's office after the Doc detected a hugely irregular heartbeat, then (we're pretty sure anyway) was almost killed by this years flu strain. Luckily for us he was jabbed, but that didn't stop it from putting him on his ass for 2 weeks.

I'm not exactly doing great on the eyesight front either at the moment so yeah, it's been a pretty rough 9 months.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
This year has proven to be a bit of a watershed for my family when it comes to health, aging and mortality. We have yet to really experience great tragedy as of yet, but this year has made it abundantly clear that it hangs over us like a nasty Hurricane on the horizon at the moment. My grandfather has been slowly succumbing to decades of skin cancers which have now really become to catch up with him. He is looking very thin and very frail. He had a car accident recently, which was a nasty shock to the system and confirmed suspicions regarding how fragile he really is. It's sad to say, but we know he is really on the clock now, and his passing will be the first real test of us when it comes to death in the family. I'm predicting it's not going to be pretty, at all.

Then there's my own father, who has just had probably the most roller coaster year when it comes to health since his lung collapsed at a young age. He's into his 70's now, and while he's certainly in far better nick than my grandfather, earlier this year he fell into a deep depression over his deteriorating eyesight, began suffering dizzy spells which caused a nasty fall during the night which almost broke his ribs, suffered breathing problems and huge pain from that for a good 2 months, was rushed to Hospital directly from a GP's office after the Doc detected a hugely irregular heartbeat, then (we're pretty sure anyway) was almost killed by this years flu strain. Luckily for us he was jabbed, but that didn't stop it from putting him on his ass for 2 weeks.

I'm not exactly doing great on the eyesight front either at the moment so yeah, it's been a pretty rough 9 months.
Well ****. Good luck with everything man. That's rough.

I got that bullshit flu, was off work for 10 days, and have only just got rid of the niggling cough and bad throat that came with it, and that's around 2 months ago now.

soup

State of Origin Rep

Yeah mate, that’s bloody rough. The whole coming to terms with mortality and your body degrading is a shock to the system, but if there’s any positive at all, it is the reminder to make the most out of the small window of life that we have, and more importantly, make the most of our relationships with those we love so dearly.

It’s far too easy to take time and our loved ones for granted.

Last edited:

Jedhead

NRL Player
Since the website changed I cant work out where to find the posts I want to contribute to. everytime I search it takes me ages trying to work out what algorithm best suits the search. What am I doing wrong?

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player

Truly sorry to hear you and your family are doing it tough. I know it’s hard but try not to let the worries overshadow each day you have with your loved ones. It’s sad but true that there will be time for grief later but now is still time for living and loving.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Since the website changed I cant work out where to find the posts I want to contribute to. everytime I search it takes me ages trying to work out what algorithm best suits the search. What am I doing wrong?
How did it used to display? I only use New Posts myself, but I can take a look if something is missing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter