What's up?

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
She's doing some Q and A around the country for the new doco that's out, good stuff!
Yep, you're spot on. There's that doco you referred to which should be pretty interesting. She's right next to me as I type but I can't be that guy and make her flight miserable. I upgraded to business because I'm shattered, the rest of her entourage are back in cattle class(where I usually sit, stingey with my points)

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Going for a job interview today, **** I hate epilepsy. I got clearance to drive on monday again after having a seizure 3 months ago(I had been 1 year without one but this time it was my own bloody fault, missed taking my medication just once and bam had one the next morning) and very few employers in my field will even think to touch you without the ability to drive. Before that seizure I was so close to getting a job again too, hopefully with a bit of luck I can resume work.
Post automatically merged:

She's doing some Q and A around the country for the new doco that's out, good stuff!
Yeah my old man loves her music(mum not so lol) and I do too.

Last edited:

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
Going for a job interview today, **** I hate epilepsy. I got clearance to drive on monday again after having a seizure 3 months ago(I had been 1 year without one but this time it was my own bloody fault, missed taking my medication just once and bam had one the next morning) and very few employers in my field will even think to touch you without the ability to drive. Before that seizure I was so close to getting a job again too, hopefully with a bit of luck I can resume work.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah my old man loves her music(mum not so lol) and I do too.
That sucks man. All the best with it.

Jedhead

NRL Player
Milford quite often comes into my mothers work, and she took my 2015 heritage jersey in for him to sign.

Some asshole has flogged it from the staff room. So pissed off.
That sucks. Maybe think about buying the 2019 jersey to replace it, no fcuker in their right mind is gonna nick that.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
Had some of these the other day - I think I last had them when I was a youngster!

Anyway, must be one of the most underrated options in the cracker range. Bloody delicious.

Last edited:

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Starting my new job tomorrow, and the anxiety is in overdrive. 🙁

Wondering if I'm even capable of this.
Of course it is, you're stepping into the unknown. Naturally your brain is trying to weigh up every variable and it's complicated when your situation is like an algebraic equation. The thing is, they wouldn't have hired you if they didn't think you were capable. They don't expect you to be like Snowpiercer right from the start, you just need to take it one step at a time.

With situations like this, I always think it's important to plan something afterwards. Whether it's a treat or a plan down the road, just something that lets your brain know that life goes on whatever happens tomorrow.

As comfortable as it is to eat ice cream and watch Simpsons all day, what you're doing tomorrow is far more important. Your mind may want to retreat to that comfort, but when you look back in six months time at least you'll remember tomorrow more because you backed yourself.

I reckon you'll do well because you're taking it seriously. That's half the battle, being alert and paying attention.

Last edited:

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
So exciting mate!

Don’t let your anxiety cut you short. You’ve got this!
Of course it is, you're stepping into the unknown. Naturally your brain is trying to weigh up every variable and it's complicated when your situation is like an algebraic equation. The thing is, they wouldn't have hired you if they didn't think you were capable. They don't expect you to be like Snowpiercer right from the start, you just need to take it one step at a time.

With situations like this, I always think it's important to plan something afterwards. Whether it's a treat or a plan down the road, just something that lets your brain know that life goes on whatever happens tomorrow.

As comfortable as it is to eat ice cream and watch Simpsons all day, what you're doing tomorrow is far more important. Your mind may want to retreat to that comfort, but when you look back in six months time at least you'll remember tomorrow more because you backed yourself.

I reckon you'll do well because you're taking it seriously. That's half the battle, being alert and paying attention.
Starting new jobs are always a stressful event. You'll feel a lot more at ease this time tomorrow but it generally takes a few months to get into the groove.
How’d you go ningnangnong ningnangnong ?

Was sincerely thinking about you today.
Thanks for the words guys, I did read them before I set off this morning! Pete, your post was excellent (as usual).

I was in panic mode last night, so I logically knew everything you guys said, but my mind wasn't even acknowledging that stuff. I was too busy worrying about every possible negative scenario! Of course, as soon as I arrived I calmed down and am thinking much more sensibly about things now. :)

It's going to be a long 12 months of training, but I'm feeling much more positive about things after getting today out of the way. I'll also be sure to check out that Snowpiercer film Pete referenced. ;)

Cheers lads, the replies helped more than you probably think.

Last edited:

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Awesome stuff mate.

What I wanted to convey is that we all have similar thoughts and anxities. Even when we're aware of how ridiculous they are, it's a survival instinct we simply cannot shake. The fact you've taken this opportunity and shown up on your first day makes you better than a lot of others who avoided it simply to save face.

Keep at it mate and see how it all pans out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nerd

Twitter