What's up?

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Fantastic timing and shot.
Thanks but it's totally undeserved! All I did was set the S9 down on an outside a/c and turned it on, it was a video capture. I then sent it to my tablet and played it at 0.25 speed and when I got the best shot I could I captured that still. I took two thousand shots with the 100 frame burst feature (in camera mode, not video) and didn't get a single image worth keeping ha ha.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
You know you're spoiled and blase when you check in to the Platinum Lounge at the airport, where everything is free including alcohol and all you take is a glass of water. I was once quite thrilled to gain entry to the sanctum but now, meh.

Fozz

International Rep
Staff
I don't usually read the gossipy rubbish on news.com.au but it paid off this time with an excellent mistake at the end of the article.

Virgin Richard Branson is another to frequent the village.
And that's why subeditors are so important.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
Just got back from the Emergency Vet in the Gabba. My dog has heart failure. An anxious all nighter awaits as I keep an eye on her, then its off to the vet again first thing in the morning to avoid a 1500 dollar overnight stay.

Yes you read that number right, 1500 big ones to lock my dog in a cage on a drip to be checked on by some bored coffee jacked nurse every so often. I can easily do that myself thanks. I apologize for the passive aggressive tone of my post, but honestly something needs to be done about the cost and lack of empathy demanded and displayed by these veterinary companies. Everything I'm about to say is true and happened right in front of my eyes.

I was in the waiting room with my dog in hand waiting to be seen, and out comes a young couple in tears because they just lost their own pet, and without a seconds hesitation, "that's ummm 407 dollars please.".......I deadset almost fell out of my chair, not necessarily because of the price which of course is ridiculous for what I presume to be a consultation + euthanasia, but just the complete lack of compassion. I mean here is these two poor people standing in the lobby in what is probably one of the worst nights of their lives and they don't even get some time to compose themselves before you speak up to drain their bank account dry.

They really do take full advantage of peoples love of their pets and it's frankly disgusting. I really don't know how it isn't a bigger story in this country than it is, especially in this day and age where practically everyone is living pay week to pay week and also probably 9 times out of 10 has 1 of either a dog or cat that they care for deeply.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Just got back from the Emergency Vet in the Gabba. My dog has heart failure. An anxious all nighter awaits as I keep an eye on her, then its off to the vet again first thing in the morning to avoid a 1500 dollar overnight stay.

Yes you read that number right, 1500 big ones to lock my dog in a cage on a drip to be checked on by some bored coffee jacked nurse every so often. I can easily do that myself thanks. I apologize for the passive aggressive tone of my post, but honestly something needs to be done about the cost and lack of empathy demanded and displayed by these veterinary companies. Everything I'm about to say is true and happened right in front of my eyes.

I was in the waiting room with my dog in hand waiting to be seen, and out comes a young couple in tears because they just lost their own pet, and without a seconds hesitation, "that's ummm 407 dollars please.".......I deadset almost fell out of my chair, not necessarily because of the price which of course is ridiculous for what I presume to be a consultation + euthanasia, but just the complete lack of compassion. I mean here is these two poor people standing in the lobby in what is probably one of the worst nights of their lives and they don't even get some time to compose themselves before you speak up to drain their bank account dry.

They really do take full advantage of peoples love of their pets and it's frankly disgusting. I really don't know how it isn't a bigger story in this country than it is, especially in this day and age where practically everyone is living pay week to pay week and also probably 9 times out of 10 has 1 of either a dog or cat that they care for deeply.
I feel for your situation, but as for your frustration with the cost, I feel it may be misplaced. Anything medical, human or animal, is very expensive simply due to the R&D that goes in to it, and the extremely stringent practices that are involved. The only reason it seems cheaper for us humans is because the government chips in most, if not all.

I guarantee they don't want to be that abrupt with customers, I'm sure they've been burned too many times by telling distraught owners "I'll send you an invoice" and it just NEVER gets paid, and is so costly to constantly chase up. They have to pay their bills.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter