What's up?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Did you have another job lined up before you did?
As of today, I am officially unemployed for the first time since I left school. I am going to see someone on Thursday, and had a good chat with them on the phone. They seem to be a better fit on a lot of the issues I was having.

Bottom line is. I was happy before I started last Monday morning, and I haven't been happy since. Well, until today.

Edit: I also have another two workshops who want to have a chat, but I'm pretty keen on the Thursday meeting.

Last edited:

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
As of today, I am officially unemployed for the first time since I left school. I am going to see someone on Thursday, and had a good chat with them on the phone. They seem to be a better fit on a lot of the issues I was having.

Bottom line is. I was happy before I started last Monday morning, and I haven't been happy since. Well, until today.

Edit: I also have another two workshops who want to have a chat, but I'm pretty keen on the Thursday meeting.
What was the issue? Just a poorly run place or they doing some dodgy shit?

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
What was the issue? Just a poorly run place or they doing some dodgy shit?
While I didn't agree with some things, I do not think they were bad people, or in anyway shape of form doing the wrong thing. They are good people, they just do things different to me, and it wasn't going to work.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Been in the situation before (as y'all may remember haha), and when you know it's not right for you, you know - trust me.

Tough decision to make, but kudos for having the guts to make it, Nashman! Sounds like you're a man in high demand. :)
I seem to remember something about that, yes...

I don't think it's me in demand, but more the people I've built relationships with through the years in the industry. Twelve years is also a good recommendation that I'm not completely useless!

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
I've just transitioned into a new role back here in Aus, will be interesting to see how that goes. I loved my previous role in China, just a shame it all ended the way it did.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

And I got a new job today. Again.

LittleDavey83

NRL Player
Bundy
So, over the past year I've been slowly replacing/upgrading components of my ~8yo PC (i7-3820 on X79 mobo, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 660) which has today been finished...next cab off the rank will be my monitor, still using an oooooold 19" Dell from like 2008 bc it's still working lol... So, new (Gigabyte fanboy style I'm a little ashamed to admit) build is:

NEW:
i7-9700KF
X390 Gigabyte AORUS Pro Wifi (ATX)
16GB AORUS RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1650 SUPER OC
Antec HC Gamer 750W PSU
Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SSD

EXISTING:
Corsair Carbide case, idk what model anymore, full size tower, all mesh with perspex sides
Arctic Freezer i30 PCU cooler
Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (was my Windows drive but when the PSU died it fried the SATA power connector a little and it's fickle now, so contains nothing of any consequence)
Kingmax (idk model) 240GB SSD (contains only a couple of larger games)
WD Green (I think) 1TB HDD (bulk media storage drive)
Old LG DVD drive
Basic Dell USB Keyboard
Basic Logitech wireless mouse
Aforementioned 19" Dell monitor
Stock Corsair case fans plus another couple cannibalised from previous builds

Unfortunately the SSD's are all SATA still, not M.2 as I just couldn't justify the extra cost as I don't really need the extra speed. I expect to upgrade to M.2 at one point as the tech gets cheaper, but SATA SSD's are cheap as chips these days.

I'll give overclocking a tweak once I've got it settled in a bit. Feeling like the PSU cooler is going to be the limiting factor for the time being.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
So, over the past year I've been slowly replacing/upgrading components of my ~8yo PC (i7-3820 on X79 mobo, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 660) which has today been finished...next cab off the rank will be my monitor, still using an oooooold 19" Dell from like 2008 bc it's still working lol... So, new (Gigabyte fanboy style I'm a little ashamed to admit) build is:

NEW:
i7-9700KF
X390 Gigabyte AORUS Pro Wifi (ATX)
16GB AORUS RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte Windforce GTX 1650 SUPER OC
Antec HC Gamer 750W PSU
Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SSD

EXISTING:
Corsair Carbide case, idk what model anymore, full size tower, all mesh with perspex sides
Arctic Freezer i30 PCU cooler
Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (was my Windows drive but when the PSU died it fried the SATA power connector a little and it's fickle now, so contains nothing of any consequence)
Kingmax (idk model) 240GB SSD (contains only a couple of larger games)
WD Green (I think) 1TB HDD (bulk media storage drive)
Old LG DVD drive
Basic Dell USB Keyboard
Basic Logitech wireless mouse
Aforementioned 19" Dell monitor
Stock Corsair case fans plus another couple cannibalised from previous builds

Unfortunately the SSD's are all SATA still, not M.2 as I just couldn't justify the extra cost as I don't really need the extra speed. I expect to upgrade to M.2 at one point as the tech gets cheaper, but SATA SSD's are cheap as chips these days.

I'll give overclocking a tweak once I've got it settled in a bit. Feeling like the PSU cooler is going to be the limiting factor for the time being.
I'd upgrade your cooler straight off the batt.

You game?

Last edited:

LittleDavey83

NRL Player
Bundy
I'd upgrade your cooler straight off the batt.

You game?
Wish I could, sadly, I'm also broke now LOL :rofl Have had to wait 6 months just to replace the old bricked mobo, been using my wife's shitty old Lenovo laptop which is somehow still running.

Don't have 5 kids. If anyone actually needs to be told that. :elitist:

LittleDavey83

NRL Player
Bundy
Computer upgrades are far cheaper.
So is a vasectomy!

I do game a bit when I get a chance. Fav is probably ARK: Survival Evolved, logged some 1600 hours into that over the past 5 years or so. Dabble a bit in FPS but nothing serious, I get bored after a while. Same as car racing. Like tycoon-ish games, civ builders, city builders too.

Last edited:

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
So is a vasectomy!

I do game a bit when I get a chance. Fav is probably ARK: Survival Evolved, logged some 1600 hours into that over the past 5 years or so. Dabble a bit in FPS but nothing serious, I get bored after a while. Same as car racing. Like tycoon-ish games, civ builders, city builders too.
I downloaded Ark on the weekend actually. Taking a bit to get into it.

LittleDavey83

NRL Player
Bundy
I downloaded Ark on the weekend actually. Taking a bit to get into it.
PVE or PVP? I only ever play PVE because I just don't have the time for the other...and it's hard enough anyway. Worth the grind though, once you get a couple of the resource-gathering dinos, shit gets a whole lot faster/easier. Definitely a hell of a learning curve though!

Official servers are slow as ****. Especially after like 20X XP/gathering/taming speeds... But I'm deciding to persevere with them now as every other non-official server I've been on has dropped off the face of the earth, no matter how long it's run for or how stable it is. Kinda disheartening when you pump literally hundreds of hours into shit for it to just disappear....so slow AF official servers it is...

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Just got a call from my father, my grandfather had been admitted to hospital with a lot of fluid in his lungs and things were looking good but he has passed away at the age of 98. My dad is absolutely devestated alongside everyone else, he is trying to get a flight from tasmania to here asap. I haven't been big on the drink since I was diagnosed with epilepsy but tonight I think might be an exception.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Just got a call from my father, my grandfather had been admitted to hospital with a lot of fluid in his lungs and things were looking good but he has passed away at the age of 98. My dad is absolutely devestated alongside everyone else, he is trying to get a flight from tasmania to here asap. I haven't been big on the drink since I was diagnosed with epilepsy but tonight I think might be an exception.
Toast his life and impact on his family, mate. Lots of love from your BHQ fam.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.