What's up?

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Just got a call from my father, my grandfather had been admitted to hospital with a lot of fluid in his lungs and things were looking good but he has passed away at the age of 98. My dad is absolutely devestated alongside everyone else, he is trying to get a flight from tasmania to here asap. I haven't been big on the drink since I was diagnosed with epilepsy but tonight I think might be an exception.
So sorry mate.

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Just got a call from my father, my grandfather had been admitted to hospital with a lot of fluid in his lungs and things were looking good but he has passed away at the age of 98. My dad is absolutely devestated alongside everyone else, he is trying to get a flight from tasmania to here asap. I haven't been big on the drink since I was diagnosed with epilepsy but tonight I think might be an exception.
Sorry to hear that. Look after your old dad mate.
Trying times.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Thanks for the support guys it means a hell of a lot, downed a few drinks and talked it out with some neighbours and feeling better. Probably the hardest thing about it is seeing the impact it has on my father most of all, his father was an idol to him and it's going to be a tough period of time for him in the coming months. It's a cliche to say but he truly was the nicest bloke you ever could know. The good news is his death was quick and painless and you can't ask for more then that. 98 years is a great innings especially considering the things he went through growing up and through world war 2.

Last edited:

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Found an iso of ARL 96, using dos box I had a play of it and it's still fun today. The superleague team players were replaced with made up names cause they didn't have the rights to them and the commentating is good with Ray Warren and then there is fatty who will sledge from time to time. The controls in general are good for a game of it's time, still can't work out the general play kicking though(goalkicking, dropouts and halfway kicks are fine).

Last edited:

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
Found an iso of ARL 96, using dos box I had a play of it and it's still fun today. The superleague team players were replaced with made up names cause they didn't have the rights to them and the commentating is good with Ray Warren and then there is fatty who will sledge from time to time. The controls in general are good for a game of it's time, still can't work out the general play kicking though(goalkicking, dropouts and halfway kicks are fine).
Where did you find that? Man I would love to play that game again.

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
This is a very difficult post to write. I thought about putting it in the Right to bag things or even the Credit where credits due but sometimes things just are what they are and you can only accept them.
My wife has been dealing with her fourth cancer diagnosis for a while. We were told a month or so ago that this time she couldn’t win. Since then she has been undergoing chemo to try and slow the spread and buy her some time. For her cancer this only works for about 25% of patients. She is a legend at coping with surgery and has had 19 of them in 15 years. She also copes well with radiation but reached the limit of that 5 years ago. Unfortunately chemo really rocks her.
Today she decided to stop treatment. She wants to spend the rest of her days feeling as well as she can.
I have been beside her and advocated for her through this whole process and it’s hard to describe how this makes me feel but at the same time I have to admire her strength and grace.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Twitter