What's up?

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
This is a very difficult post to write. I thought about putting it in the Right to bag things or even the Credit where credits due but sometimes things just are what they are and you can only accept them.
My wife has been dealing with her fourth cancer diagnosis for a while. We were told a month or so ago that this time she couldn’t win. Since then she has been undergoing chemo to try and slow the spread and buy her some time. For her cancer this only works for about 25% of patients. She is a legend at coping with surgery and has had 19 of them in 15 years. She also copes well with radiation but reached the limit of that 5 years ago. Unfortunately chemo really rocks her.
Today she decided to stop treatment. She wants to spend the rest of her days feeling as well as she can.
I have been beside her and advocated for her through this whole process and it’s hard to describe how this makes me feel but at the same time I have to admire her strength and grace.
Man, I don't even have words for that situation. That's such a terrible hand to be dealt for both of you. She can live out the rest of her days knowing that she's a fucking champion for kicking it's ass for this long, that's a superhuman effort. Congratulations on marrying such a strong woman.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Man, no idea where to start other than to say you are likely the best husband ever and she must be a amazing woman. There will be some extremely dark days ahead, it’s ok to recognise that and it’s ok to cry, a lot.

Try not to bottle everything in and sharing your pain is good, treasure that time left, every second will be a treasured memory eventually and you will know you did everything you could for her. All your love and support will mean the world to her and that will eventually provide some sort of comfort.

Feel free to share bro, you are a treasured part of the BHQ family, we love you and care about you.

Renegade

NRL Captain
i've tried typing a few things but i've realized there's nothing i could possibly say that would make any difference.

so i just want to let you know i'm thinking of you and your wife, and i wish you the best of happiness for the time you have left together.

**** cancer.

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
Like others, there is nothing I could say to this, besides hoping your wife enjoys the time she has left with you. She sounds like an amazingly strong woman...

**** cancer!

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
i've tried typing a few things but i've realized there's nothing i could possibly say that would make any difference.

so i just want to let you know i'm thinking of you and your wife, and i wish you the best of happiness for the time you have left together.

**** cancer.
Same.

Sirlee oldman Sirlee oldman , the powerlessness and the inevitability of it, it's great that you've taken what stock you can of the situation, and decided to live it out as peacefully and lovingly as you can.

Just know that there is a whole community of lunatics here that are there for you if you need us, and are thinking of you from the sidelines.

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
Same.

Sirlee oldman Sirlee oldman , the powerlessness and the inevitability of it, it's great that you've taken what stock you can of the situation, and decided to live it out as peacefully and lovingly as you can.

Just know that there is a whole community of lunatics here that are there for you if you need us, and are thinking of you from the sidelines.
Thanks everybody

theshed

NRL Captain
I searched out this thread to have a sulk about lockdown wearing me down but to read something like that really puts things in perspective.

Wishing the absolute best for you and your wife, mate.Can’t imagine what you must be going through.

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Peñíscola
I had a mega size 'low sugar' Slurpee from 7-Eleven a couple of hours ago.

My stomach is now starting to show some disagreements haha.

Hope the toilet is ready for my visit later.

Tom

State of Origin Captain
I feel like the weight of the world has been lifted, guys.

Spot on there Nashy Nashy, very sloppy, and quite explosive apparently.

It didn't feel it, kind of just felt like pouring juice out of a bottle - but in terms of toilet bowl coverage, there was great spread.
You should just start a new thread. Where we all post photos of our most memorable and noteworthy deposits and compare them.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
So it’s my 41st on Monday (Star Wars day: May the fourth), and normally when someone asks me what I want to do is spend it with my family, but COVID-19 has squeezed every bit of blood out of this rock.

I was asked today and my response was, I’d spend the day in a horse stable if it meant a bit of peace and quiet. Actually surprised myself, but still agree with the notion.

Sirlee oldman

NRL Player
So it’s my 41st on Monday (Star Wars day: May the fourth), and normally when someone asks me what I want to do is spend it with my family, but COVID-19 has squeezed every bit of blood out of this rock.

I was asked today and my response was, I’d spend the day in a horse stable if it meant a bit of peace and quiet. Actually surprised myself, but still agree with the notion.
I hear you. After my wife stopped her chemo we waited 2 weeks for her blood count to get back up and then the grandkids moved in for quality time with nana and homeschooling. It’s wearing thin now.
Happy birthday by the way. My youngest daughter turns 15 on Monday as well. She is a Star Wars fan as well and is very pleased to have May the 4th as her birthday.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff

Good points but I'm going to hijack it and plug the Star Wars thing. The last ep of Clone Wars airs that day and these last three eps that culminate in that one as the fourth installment have been quite possibly the best Star Wars ever.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
Good points but I'm going to hijack it and plug the Star Wars thing. The last ep of Clone Wars airs that day and these last three eps that culminate in that one as the fourth installment have been quite possibly the best Star Wars ever.
You’re very repetitive mate, and seemingly almost the only one that cares :p

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Members online

Twitter