Where are the new recruits...

broncospwn said:
Yeah it was photo shopped to have a bulldogs jersey as stagg wasn't there when they took photos.

No way!

I would have never guessed!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never knew Ben Te'o spelled his surname with a backslash. Fascinating. Thankyou broncos.com.au.

Smithdom said:
Never knew Ben Te'o spelled his surname with a backslash. Fascinating. Thankyou broncos.com.au.

[icon_lol1.

I seriously wonder just how the Broncos site gets any revenue from advertising etc.

I mean, I've been a season ticket holder and Broncos fanatic for a long time, but honestly haven't visited that site more than three times in the last two years. Absolute pile of rubbish IMO.

ur right mick. as one of the so call glamour clubs they put very little if any effort into the marketing of their website. just look at souths website........sub-standard club with first class facilities such as website, training....

The problems are, and I can speak from experience now having been involved with a company responsible for running the web site (in fact, on more than one occasion):

1. The Broncos refuse to pay decent money to the design company. Usually barely enough to cover the graphic design labour to design the template. They take the lowest bidder, regardless of whether they're any good or not, and if someone is good and they want them, they'll make them match the lowest bid to get the job.

2. The Broncos expect the web company to come up with all these whizbang ideas for the site, and to maintain content on the site other than basic news. This would be OK except for point 1.

3. The Broncos themselves put very VERY little effort into the web site itself. Only the PR guy is involved, in posting news items, match reports etc.

4. Web companies propose all sorts of exciting things for the site to bring in lots of visitors etc etc, and the Broncos salivate over it. But when said-web company proposes the cost, the Broncos go "really? Um, no".

5. The Broncos don't let the football team get "distracted" by contributing to the site. It's purely run by the front office. Yet you look at how many of the Broncos are on Facebook etc...they are web savvy. Having them actually contribute to the site would be a massive incentive for fans to be involved and watch it.

And seriously, Points 2-5 would probably be resolved if point 1 was different.

Broncos players on facebook [icon_shady why aren't I stalking them like a true fan would?

It's embarrassing to think we posters on this forum take more care in spelling players names correctly then the Broncos official website. Even today the players profile page on the Broncos website has been updated with new photos of Folau, De Vere etc. and the people responsible still couldn't pick up the error.

Oh, and 6. Not ensuring someone intimate with knowledge of the club, its players etc (ie a FAN) is vetting the information and checking it prior to publishing (ie, not someone in the club or a FAN).

They had that right a few years ago when a certain BHQ super legend was primarily doing that job.

Coxy said:
They had that right a few years ago when a certain BHQ super legend was primarily doing that job.

chunks.gif
crackoff.gif

Ning: I'm concerned that you want to wank over me...

Active Now

• Rookie Alan
  • sooticus
  • Cavalo
  • eggstar10
  • Volvo Driver
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Porthoz
  • broncos4life
  • Manifesto
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • broncoscope
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • Financeguy
  • GCBRONCO
  • KateBroncos1812
  • armchair
  • Fatboy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.