Where are the wingers?

Kidley is a joke. I hope he makes the NSW Origin team this year

Kidley is just clogging things up for them at the moment. For the sake of the club, they've gotta dump him. Admittedly, he is out injured more often than not, but he is simply not up to it anymore. Just getting in the way of better, younger players. Maybe he can captain from the bench again.

Last edited:
Gidley and Pearce used to be QLD's best players. No wonder we lost the series when they weren't selected.

Someone I think would go well here considering our lack of top shelf forwards is justin carney. He is like Vidot but can finish.

Our wing stocks are atrocious.

We have one good one at the club (Oates) the rest are either mistake prone (Vidot, Maranta), not wingers (Kahu, Copley, Reed). The lack of either development of modern day types (larger and taller and generally more robust) is very clear and only Oates ticks those boxes as well as being a solid finisher and generally safe in attack and defense.

I also think the better sides have guys on the wings who are either stars or are emerging in that direction (Johnston, Tupou, Mansour/DWZ, Vatuvei) and they are bigger bodies. It takes a very special talent for a winger to succeed as a smaller player (Perrett is one of very few) the fact El Masri who was previously seen as a high class winger became incredibly dropable late in his career and basically held his spot through his goal kicking is testament to that.

How can you define Kahu, Copley and Reed as not wingers, yet Oates as one? Both Johnston and DWZ also came through the grades as fullbacks, does that make them not wingers?

Lachlan has been solid this year.

I've been a bit of a fence sitter on Maranta but after seeing his lack of speed fully exposed against the Cows I'm seeing now why he won't back himself in space. He has average speed at best and can only sustain it for around 40 mtrs. It's just not NRL standard, he'll be gone as soon as Boyd is fit.

I always liked Reece Robinson outside Hodges. Not sure if he wanted to leave or we punted him because Yow Yeh and Winterstein were coming through.

I always liked Reece Robinson outside Hodges. Not sure if he wanted to leave or we punted him because Yow Yeh and Winterstein were coming through.

I was saying this to my brother last night, he would have been a handy pick up and changed clubs in the off season. He's not in the top tier of wingers but he would have been a handy player, good speed, can kick goals and finds the line ( tryline) most times.

Joe Burgess has to be one of the goofiest looking people going around.

Look at that mug. Poms are very... distinct looking, that's for sure.

My god you are so right. I thought I was the only one who noticed that

Active Now

• Yem
  • jd87
  • GCBRONCO
  • Kev_Guz
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • RolledOates
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • mitch222
  • BroncoFan94
  • Morkel
  • Xzei
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
... and 67 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.