• No train, no pay

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Sack manager

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • Youth dentention centre

Votes: 7 8.6%
  • 3am visit from Shane Webke

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Real estate with his agent (who is now banned)

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Basically just get fucked

Votes: 43 53.1%

• Total voters
He wouldn't be on a huge salary, just make him sit it out, maybe he might wake up to himself
Yeah this is the flaw in he and his managers calculation. Haas can hold the club to ransom because if he just doesn’t show up the club is in a $900k hole (and to Payne’s credit he kept performing). If Karl doesn’t show up it’s maybe 200k?

Yeah this is the flaw in he and his managers calculation. Haas can hold the club to ransom because if he just doesn’t show up the club is in a $900k hole (and to Payne’s credit he kept performing). If Karl doesn’t show up it’s maybe 200k?
There are few parallels between this and the Haas case.

Payne never badmouthed the club or anyone else, not in public. He left the business side up to his agent.
Payne had already played for years for what many considered unders.
Payne was our most decorated player.
Payne played long enough and to such a standard he was widely regarded as a once in a generation player. He had every reason to expect more money. Or at least to ask.
Payne was regularly spoken about as a million dollar player.
Payne was rated the best in his position by his peers.
Payne took the fan abuse on the chin, and returned to the table.

Karl is a child, fresh out of school who has never played against adults.
Karl has whinged to the press, badmouthed the club, overrated his worth and overplayed his hand.

We were all cranky at Payne, and many of us (including me) would rather spend his market value elsewhere, but if this fiasco has shown us anything it's that Payne, himself as a man, acted impeccably. Which I said at the time but few agreed.

There are few parallels between this and the Haas case.

Payne never badmouthed the club or anyone else, not in public. He left the business side up to his agent.
Payne had already played for years for what many considered unders.
Payne was our most decorated player.
Payne played long enough and to such a standard he was widely regarded as a once in a generation player. He had every reason to expect more money. Or at least to ask.
Payne was regularly spoken about as a million dollar player.
Payne was rated the best in his position by his peers.
Payne took the fan abuse on the chin, and returned to the table.

Karl is a child, fresh out of school who has never played against adults.
Karl has whinged to the press, badmouthed the club, overrated his worth and overplayed his hand.

We were all cranky at Payne, and many of us (including me) would rather spend his market value elsewhere, but if this fiasco has shown us anything it's that Payne, himself as a man, acted impeccably. Which I said at the time but few agreed.
Some good points in this post but also a good sprinkling of carry on

Some good points in this post but also a good sprinkling of carry on
The main point is you don't get many years to earn big as a footballer. It must be frustrating to be locked into a contract when you're at the top of your game, and everyone is saying you're worth more. This child is not in that situation.

The main point is you don't get many years to earn big as a footballer. It must be frustrating to be locked into a contract when you're at the top of your game, and everyone is saying you're worth more. This child is not in that situation.
I agree, I just don’t think Haas is worth more. Doesn’t change the fact that he at least may have reason to wrongly think he is.

Anyone wondering how much of a snake young and dumb Karl is represented by, check the firms hitlist of players they represent.

They will milk every dollar out of clubs for a deal, even if it means ruining careers, but particularly if it means fucking over the broncos...

David fifita jnr, Jack Bird, jai Arrow, even tariq sims and lauren brown. Out of their 30+ nrl players, including multiple EX broncos, only 1 current outside of 2 brain cell Karl is Jamie chapman....
Sure they'll be recommending her to stay at broncos, even if kevvie himself saved her grandmothers life... "but think of the money I will make... i mean, you will make!"

What has me a bit gobsmacked about this situation is his new manager is Matt Adamson (former raider and panther) who should know full well about how to act in a situation that resembles this or even under a normal contract negotiation stand point.

As many have suggested maybe Karl wants to stay, maybe he actually wants on but it just seems like Matt wants his piece of the pie as Karl is supposedly the next big thing

What has me a bit gobsmacked about this situation is his new manager is Matt Adamson (former raider and panther) who should know full well about how to act in a situation that resembles this or even under a normal contract negotiation stand point.

As many have suggested maybe Karl wants to stay, maybe he actually wants on but it just seems like Matt wants his piece of the pie as Karl is supposedly the next big thing
Karl's opinion of his own worth - or what he's been told to say - seems so detached from reality, it's hard to know what to make of any of this. The club has already promised him a yearly review, the type of which has resulted in other players getting a pay bump. At his age it should not be about money, nor expecting to be in the first grade team fresh out of school.

The business about him being fashioned into a forward when he sees himself as a half is somewhat more concerning. The club has a poor record of manufacturing hookers out of halves, making it all about their defence and somehow breaking them.

It would help a lot if Kevin Walters could get involved in this and comment publicly. His silence and distance is damning.

This kid needs to work on his branding. He's such a nobody, in two weeks no one - not even that one guy who watches the QLD Cup - noticed I'd spelt his name wrong. Corrected now, but not in the poll.

Meanwhile, Andrew Dawson (that one guy who watches the kiddie league) spells it yet another way.

ScreenScreenshot 2022 11 27 at 11 42 55 Footy flair personified as league young stars flock to

They're calling him the next "Katoni"

I think we can finally put this to rest now:

Active Now

• Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Rookie Alan
  • BroncosMan
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.