PLAYER Payne Haas

AH HA !
Now it is revealed . Do you own a tweed jacket with patches on the elbows ?
Or were you the RM Williams boots , mole skin pants and chambric shirt brigade ?
The latter, but also a part time punk.

Ever played union McHunt?

It’s a brutal game for the forwards, scrums are spine injuries waiting to happen.
Yes, but only a couple of times in the pack, filling in at hooker, which I didn't enjoy much except for chucking the ball in at lineouts. It was more about the social side of it to me. I played touch every day for fun.

Union, you don't get to throw the ball around much like you do in league. It's all panic, scrambling and penalties. But you also don't have the onus to hang onto the ball at all costs, so you don't get crunched constantly. You'd come off every game bruised from tags and skin off your knees, whereas in league you're more likely to get knocked out or break your leg. I prefer to watch that than experience it. I can't watch union at all anymore.

Nah , like I said I went to a Qld state school .
There was no Rugby Union only Rugby League in those days. I understand the dangers of Union scrums . Plenty of people have injured spines from scrummaging .
I went to both and played both. Preferred to play rugby because it was easier, but watch league because it's more gladiatorial. I loved playing five-eighth in union, but so did everyone else. I could turn up with my boots and get a game on the wing or in the centres, but getting into the halves was a serious pecking order.

Did I mention I didn't enjoy being gang tackled and having my face mashed into the dirt? Kind of took the fun out of league.

He wont be going to the roosters unless JWH retires.

One thing I like about Union was if you deliberately knock down a pass to stop a try / break you got sent off !

One thing I didn`t like was if there was a spectacular back line move and during it the ball got passed forward they would turn a blind eye and call it running rugby . LOL .
Like Herbert Farnsworth-Smithers, top chap that one.

He wont be going to the roosters unless JWH retires.
The word is JWH is retiring.......

and the Roosters have lined up Matt Lodge to replace him.

Clearly I was not referring to our Herbie Farnworth. :rooock::tallica:

professor farnsworth GIF

how good has JWH been over the years tho. If Payne could have a career like that for us, we'd be laughing.

Nice for him to come out and try to put this to bed and mend his image after the fiasco that severely impacted our season.

There is zero chance that he isn't still looking for something else and won't bail on us the second he finds it.

Hope we're smart enough to know it and put ourselves in a position where we can cut ties with him first (or be content when he leaves) and use the money elsewhere.

Active Now

• LGH
  • Justwin
  • Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Midean
  • MrMoore
  • Rookie Alan
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Redux
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Cavalo
  • Yem
  • broncs30
  • winslow_wong
  • Gray
  • Volvo Driver
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 54 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.