VOTE Where does Payne go from here?

Payne wants out. Where to next?


  • Total voters
    132
Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2012
Threads
50
8,548
7,598
Agree. They are both toxic but lodge is a deadset Keith.

mick jagger rock quotes GIF
 
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Threads
0
7,222
5,629
A toxic person is toxic no matter where they go, but yet no issue at the club he's at now. They have nothing but good things to say about him.
he's been there for like 5 minutes, he'll throw his wait around soon enough.
 
Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Threads
10
1,673
999
Anger runs in the family did you see his uncle bashing some player up in a game !!
 
Blindside Bronco

Blindside Bronco

Broncos Fanboy
Oct 17, 2019
Threads
19
834
758
I don't think Haas can fight.
Mind you the angry, dumb ones usually fight the most...!
 
Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
Threads
12
2,093
4,656
Shout out to those who are keeping up the booing.
 
Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Jan 8, 2018
Threads
18
5,561
10,604
So we pay for his shoulder op and rehab him and then some other club gets him. Sounds a bit like Bird mark II.
 
Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
Threads
2
700
1,107
So we pay for his shoulder op and rehab him and then some other club gets him. Sounds a bit like Bird mark II.
Haas surgery no big deal. He should be fit for world cup according to reports.
Staggs is a reconstruction.
 
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Mar 26, 2008
Threads
79
6,749
4,643
So we pay for his shoulder op and rehab him and then some other club gets him. Sounds a bit like Bird mark II.
We are stuck with him next year after his last 7 or so games. Everyone knows he's soft now and we get the pleasure of paying 850k then 950k the following year.
One of 2 things will happen next year. He will either put in to increase his value ( about 2% chance) or the fucktard who represents him will have him kick stones so we end up releasing him and paying a portion of his salary to get him off our cap ( 98% chance) and said fucktard gets a commission.
 
Sproj

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Threads
296
38,434
42,266
Haas surgery no big deal. He should be fit for world cup according to reports.
Staggs is a reconstruction.

Should get him to go through public health and then send him to Cronulla.
 
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Forum Staff
May 21, 2013
Threads
437
19,440
20,125
According to an article published by Badel this morning, Payne Haas has withdrawn from World Cup contention in order to ensure he's at full fitness for next season, and has reaffirmed his commitment to the Broncos.

Drama earlier this season -

“I have never said I wanted out of the club,” Haas said.
“I love the Broncos, I love the people here, I have made lifelong mates.
“I am still contracted here until 2024 so I am still here and I want to do well at the Broncos.
“I have been here through the rough times and I can see the good times coming.”

The contract situation -

“I am contracted here. Brisbane is good for me, I have my family here, my mum and dad are down the road.
“I am pretty sure we can sort things out.
“They (his management) are starting talks again with the Broncos and they are pretty good, so I will see what happens and fingers crossed they can work it out.”

Pulling out of the World Cup -

“It was pretty hard to pull out of the World Cup,” Haas said.
“I spoke to Mal (Meninga, Kangaroos coach) and I told him I wanted to represent Australia. I was born here and I am an Aussie first.
“I was tossing and turning over it for a couple of weeks.
“I just thought this time now, especially with my body, it didn’t pull up well this year and with all the stuff going on with my family (the jailing of his mum), I felt like I needed to be at home.
“As the older sibling, I feel I need to be there for my little brothers and give them a bit of guidance.
“I felt that was more important than going over to England to play in the World Cup.
“I felt like I had to be here for my family and look after myself.”

Asspirations -

“I would swap all my Paul Morgan Medals to help Brisbane win a premiership,” he said.
“I watched one finals game the other day and I switched it off straight away, I just couldn’t watch it.
“It sucks (missing the finals) because I know how good we are and what team we can be.
“All you want to do in your career is win a premiership and that’s what I want to do at the Broncos.”
 
L

Lockysillegitimatechild

NRL Captain
Apr 10, 2015
Threads
11
4,490
7,778
According to an article published by Badel this morning, Payne Haas has withdrawn from World Cup contention in order to ensure he's at full fitness for next season, and has reaffirmed his commitment to the Broncos.

Drama earlier this season -



The contract situation -



Pulling out of the World Cup -



Asspirations -
The thing that pisses me off about this tosser now is that him and his little posse will "want to be at the broncos" whenever his form dips and he is playing shit, but if he suddenly smashes it for a few weeks and justifies his over inflated price tag he will ask for a release again.

Just **** off already, you and you mates derailed our fuckinv season I reckon. It's obvious you have gone to market and given your form the last 4 months no one wants a bar of your price tag, that's why you "love brisbane".
 
Swordfish

Swordfish

BRL Player
Aug 24, 2022
Threads
0
91
127
It may not happen but, I hope he ditches the dickheads south of the border & turn out into the best prop(outplaying the likes of Tapine, Lolo, etc.) the game for us. Wish he learn how to use his size & mongrel to become that best prop.

If he dares to bring up the same shit next season about wanting out, his contract should be torn apart and get kicked out of Redhill without a second thought.
 
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Mar 26, 2008
Threads
79
6,749
4,643
He also said his management would be meeting the club and hopefully they could sort it out.
What happens when the club says no to the negotiations/ demands for more coin?
His new found loyalty could be tested before Xmas.
I do feel a bit for him though, the snake he has for a manager is obviously an influential character who has gained his trust.
 

Tipping Ladder

  • ivanhungryjak
    144.00 pts

    ivanhungryjak

    • Correct picks
      144 out of 200
  • tommy
    143.00 pts

    tommy

    • Correct picks
      143 out of 200
  • Waynesaurus
    143.00 pts

    Waynesaurus

    • Correct picks
      143 out of 200
  • Alec
    139.00 pts

    Alec

    • Correct picks
      139 out of 200
  • I bleed Maroon
    139.00 pts

    I bleed Maroon

    • Correct picks
      139 out of 200

Forum statistics

Threads
19,578
Messages
1,268,489
Members
1,682
Latest member
Ogden

Members online

  • Mustafur
Team P W L PD Pts
24 20 4 306 42
24 18 6 209 38
24 17 7 272 36
24 16 8 119 34
24 15 9 247 32
24 15 9 201 32
24 14 10 130 30
24 14 10 63 30
24 13 11 -36 28
24 12 12 -100 26
24 9 15 -105 20
24 7 17 -192 16
24 6 18 -205 14
24 6 18 -290 14
24 6 18 -292 14
24 4 20 -327 10
Top
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.