PLAYER Payne Haas

Cool, he's the Dally M Prop of the Year, that should only make it easier to find a trade deal

Payne would get his full contract paid for by any NRL club. Just not the upgrade he wants. 850k is top dollar for hiim
Yes, but that requires to move for the same money...end of the day he wants an upgrade. Not sure if same money is enough to make him move to Sydney for example away from his extended family with a higher cost of living.

Does getting Payne money off the books get Hunt back, at Hooker...?

**just putting it out there, putting flame suit on now.

No because there are a couple of clubs that are prepared to give him big money to play halfback

Yes, but that requires to move for the same money...end of the day he wants an upgrade. Not sure if same money is enough to make him move to Sydney for example away from his extended family with a higher cost of living.

Haas leaving though has never been about him getting more money, it is about a new contract having clauses built in so his new manager gets a cut and likely so too Mundine and co. They've all come on board since he signed his 6 year deal.

Haas leaving though has never been about him getting more money, it is about a new contract having clauses built in so his new manager gets a cut and likely so too Mundine and co. They've all come on board since he signed his 6 year deal.
Not a hill i would die on but first google search below of an article from that time...seems to be an increase to me

Broncos star Payne Haas has spoken out after handing in a shock release request on Wednesday night.

Haas’ current $800,000-a-year deal wasn’t enough for the Blues enforcer, with his new management seeking $1 million this season and $1.2 million in 2024.

Negotiations soured which led to Haas’ team handing in the request, which was flatly refused by Brisbane powerbrokers.

Not a hill i would die on but first google search below of an article from that time...seems to be an increase to me

Broncos star Payne Haas has spoken out after handing in a shock release request on Wednesday night.

Haas’ current $800,000-a-year deal wasn’t enough for the Blues enforcer, with his new management seeking $1 million this season and $1.2 million in 2024.

Negotiations soured which led to Haas’ team handing in the request, which was flatly refused by Brisbane powerbrokers.

Yes of course, he has to request an increase to make it sound legit.

they had to come out and demand something, to try and create the illusion that this wasn't just about them getting their slice of the pie.

they probably thought that they could force our hand into giving Payne more cash anyway, but we called their bluff. they were 18 months to late on the demand.

is this the image that should have the Brisbane Broncos worried?- Peter Badel

6ee4b19beb07b33d0e99840386d55c93

Haas sure gets the plaudits.. is he really that good however? In terms of actually helping his team win games I mean, hard to be certain in years like 2020 where the rest of the squad was so poor.. If a base line salary for a top level prop is 800k then because he is so young he's probably worth that to a NRL roster, you add some sauce on top if you really need help in that position for your club, or perhaps the player brings leadership and off field marketable qualities to the club.. somewhat like a Pat Carrigan, Haas should be marked down in those areas obviously.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, presumably the Broncs will hold firm on their original position and Haas will not get a better offer elsewhere seeing as we are already paying so much and it seems a whole lot easier to replace top level props than it is top level spine players, that potentially leaves the issue simmering into next season if his off field team are unhappy and want to get 1M+

Has anyone shouted him a trip to Bali or the policemans ball in the off season?

If Hass is staying I really hope his end of year review simply told him when you come back we're changing your style of footy and i hope our coaches are working out the best way to utilise him.

I'll admit i don't know the answer but there is a much more effective footy player in Payne Hass and we absolutley need to bring it out in him.

Currently he's in this awkward role where he will literally take a hit up every set, make 12 meters and plenty of post contact meters but we don't benefit from it. Look at JT who scores tries? Busts tackles, makes line breaks. Big Nelson attracts defender's and gets offloads. Junior paulo bends the line and gets a quick play the ball getting his team on the front foot. Payne doent do any of that.

Is the answer to strip some Kilos off him and get him doing sprints to increase his leg speed so he isn't just a battering ram? Is the answer to put some kgs on him and tell him run straight and hard and use your size to bend the line and drop to your stomach the second you get defender's on you and quick play the ball? Is the answer to stick him in the second row and let him try run over smaller bodies and spread out defence?

Putting all "salt" aside because he's been a bit of a twat the guy is a massive body, he's fit and generally does put in 100% effort. Getting our usage of him right is absolutely critical.

If he could get more off loads into his game that would make him more dangerous in attack.

A good 9 to take advantage of Haas/Carrigan close to the line would do wonders for our attack.

All the good teams do it but we've never used it because our 9s have sucked for about 20 years now.
We need someone generating quick ptbs inside the 20m to work off as well

Haas needs an offload and to find his front quicker most of the time. Unless those extra metres are made within our own half, they are selfish stat padders that hinder the team. Until he can get these things right he's worth 500k at most.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Jazza
  • BroncoFan94
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bb_gun
  • marw
  • broncos4life
  • Rah88
  • Financeguy
  • Xzei
  • LittleDavey
  • Mustafur
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.