PLAYER Payne Haas

I assume when he talks about his parents being down the road, he is talking about whatever prison they are both in?
2 separate ones, unfortunately.

Only men inside Brisbane Women's Correctional Centre are the screws...

According to an article published by Badel this morning, Payne Haas has withdrawn from World Cup contention in order to ensure he's at full fitness for next season, and has reaffirmed his commitment to the Broncos.

Drama earlier this season -

The contract situation -

Pulling out of the World Cup -

Asspirations -
Next minute

"Payne Haas spotted with Politis at sydney cafe"

Payne is not going any where anymore. He quite obviously isn’t worth a million a year anymore (not that he ever was but no stupid club will pay that now). He knows that. I believe his preference was to be at Brisbane, his manager just wanted 1 million and used risky tactics to try and pry it. Payne said it himself he now feels responsible for his family as the oldest sibling and his parent(/s?) in prison. Realistically that requires being in Brisbane.

Payne is not going any where anymore. He quite obviously isn’t worth a million a year anymore (not that he ever was but no stupid club will pay that now). He knows that. I believe his preference was to be at Brisbane, his manager just wanted 1 million and used risky tactics to try and pry it. Payne said it himself he now feels responsible for his family as the oldest sibling and his parent(/s?) in prison. Realistically that requires being in Brisbane.

Absolutely true eveything you've said but in all of this, how does his idiot manager get his pound of flesh and Mundine, et al as well? That has long been the obvious reason behind all of this.

I have a feeling that wherever he plays, he's going to get back to his best next year. He was due for a drop of in quality IMO, he's been incredibly consistent with a huge motor since his debut at 18 or whatever it was.

According to an article published by Badel this morning, Payne Haas has withdrawn from World Cup contention in order to ensure he's at full fitness for next season, and has reaffirmed his commitment to the Broncos.

Drama earlier this season -

The contract situation -

Pulling out of the World Cup -

Asspirations -
BOOOOOO!!!!

If Payne had the same aggression as his mum when he played he would be worth more then what he is asking, it's literally the thing missing from his game to make him the undisputed number 1 forward.

If Payne had the same aggression as his mum when he played he would be worth more then what he is asking, it's literally the thing missing from his game to make him the undisputed number 1 forward.
So we should offer Payne’s mum a deal when she gets paroled? Wait. Who’s her manager?

If we can keep Haas for the right price, we should keep him.

Prop forwards don't tend to reach their peak until their mid-20's. He'll be a better player in the future, but it's all going to come down to price.

Prop forwards don't tend to reach their peak until their mid-20's. He'll be a better player in the future, but it's all going to come down to price.
$800k is probably a good deal for him... $900k+ is getting a bit too high.

Can depend on what the cap goes up to as well though.

If we do lose Payne our middle will take a hit, because Patty will basically be the only top line middle we have.

Flegler is inconsistent and a NSWRL target for tackling too hard... Jensen is solid and Kobe is promising but still has a way to go. The rest are juniors.

At least with Payne and Patty we have two legit top line middles that churn through the meters.

I’m all for selling him to the first buyer. Not only is he a metre padding forward with no game changing impact he’s just such an unlikeable character who pissed on all of us supporters.

Hoping he hangs around is just a case of the old Stockholm’s.

Let him build his slow PTB’s and 200 post contact metres (over 80 minutes) somewhere else.

Would take a prop who gives 40 minutes of real impact and punishes in defence and on field presence over that cat.

I’m all for selling him to the first buyer. Not only is he a metre padding forward with no game changing impact he’s just such an unlikeable character who pissed on all of us supporters.

Let him build his slow PTB’s and 200 post contact metres (over 80 minutes) somewhere else.

Would take a prop who gives 40 minutes of real impact and punishes in defence and on field presence over that cat.
I've seen a lot of posts about Haas PTB speed. Does anyone have the stats for this?

I've seen a lot of posts about Haas PTB speed. Does anyone have the stats for this?
They're not relevant because he often plays the ball whilst already standing up. But teams just hold him and wait for the ref to call held whilst they set their line and relax. The extra metres he makes after we cross the 50m line are useless.

The guy who was winning player of the year on this forum every year suddenly becomes completely overrated as soon as the news came out that he supposedly wants to leave.

I've got no problem with people hating him after that, but lets not pretend like he wasn't the Broncos best player before this season either.

The guy who was winning player of the year on this forum every year suddenly becomes completely overrated as soon as the news came out that he supposedly wants to leave.

I've got no problem with people hating him after that, but lets not pretend like he wasn't the Broncos best player before this season either.
That's fair enough....but, he had been consistently criticised for being a bit one dimensional in his running game (ie had no offloading skills)....and consistently criticised for his soft defence and his defensive lapses......

Player of the year...was won by default (because the rest of the team was so ordinary) more than anything else.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.