PLAYER Payne Haas

The guy who was winning player of the year on this forum every year suddenly becomes completely overrated as soon as the news came out that he supposedly wants to leave.

I've got no problem with people hating him after that, but lets not pretend like he wasn't the Broncos best player before this season either.
If this had any truth whatsoever he would have run last and not fifth.

The guy who was winning player of the year on this forum every year suddenly becomes completely overrated as soon as the news came out that he supposedly wants to leave.

I've got no problem with people hating him after that, but lets not pretend like he wasn't the Broncos best player before this season either.
Of course there's bias here, although the bias probably goes both ways anyway...

Also though, it's the ex girlfriend effect. A mate tells you that your misses is a terrible person and not good looking you won't be mates anymore, once you break up with her you see her for what she really is.

And the hits just keep coming 😂

It could only happen at the Broncos. We have the Dally M prop of the year and he's the player most Broncos fans want to see the back of.

I thought our luck had changed when we signed Reyno.

We must be due a huge win soon. Surely..............

I've got no problem with people hating him after that, but lets not pretend like he wasn't the Broncos best player before this season
And he deserved all those accolades BUT

At 900k we need a prop who intimidates and hurts on both sides of the ball he has to own the middle.
His work rate and motor are not in question.
I think everyone would love him at 500 to 600k but at that cap price he is holding us back on a bang for buck basis.

As said in the dally m thread, he's probably almost won it by default you'd think. Given you're ruled out of contention with a certain amount of suspensions.
Have they changed the dally m team of the year to align with dally m votes??

I know a few years back Hunt (circa 2014 when he was unstoppable) was the highest halfback in the count and finished top 4 in dally m, but they gave halfback of the year to DCE.

At that point they confirmed team of the year was moreso selected by NSWRL committee / opinion and it was suggested they may move to highest count on the dally m for positions.... but not sure if that ever formally happened.

Have they changed the dally m team of the year to align with dally m votes??

I know a few years back Hunt (circa 2014 when he was unstoppable) was the highest halfback in the count and finished top 4 in dally m, but they gave halfback of the year to DCE.

At that point they confirmed team of the year was moreso selected by NSWRL committee / opinion and it was suggested they may move to highest count on the dally m for positions.... but not sure if that ever formally happened.
No idea, just speculating. I'm sure someone will shed some light on it.

Does getting Payne money off the books get Hunt back, at Hooker...?

**just putting it out there, putting flame suit on now.

Does getting Payne money off the books get Hunt back, at Hooker...?

**just putting it out there, putting flame suit on now.
I think most of this forum would be on board with your suggestion and has been brought up many times already with Payne losing many friends since his request to leave. Your flame suit would be needed more if you were arguing the other way.

Problem is Hunt is still contracted to Dragons for 2023 for $1.2M and they have no reason to let him go early nor could we match the $1.2M if they did.

Next problem is that Paynes market value seems to have slipped somewhat since his public request with multiple league identities questioning if he is worth what he wants so his appetite to move seems to have cooled off and easier to pick up the already generous salary we have committed to him for the next 2 seasons.

If the Dragons can't see eye to eye on a contract extension for Hunt, I'd imagine the Dolphins will go all in on him. Get the crew back together.

I'd actually be pretty keen to see that spine haha, they're rumoured to be close to getting the Hammer as well.

9. Marshall-King
7. Hunt
6. Milford
1. Tabuai-Fidow

It's not great, but it'll be entertaining at least.

I'd actually be pretty keen to see that spine haha, they're rumoured to be close to getting the Hammer as well.

9. Marshall-King
7. Hunt
6. Milford
1. Tabuai-Fidow

It's not great, but it'll be entertaining at least.
Oh, I'd love to see it. As long as they shit the bed whenever they play us anyway lol.

I think most of this forum would be on board with your suggestion and has been brought up many times already with Payne losing many friends since his request to leave. Your flame suit would be needed more if you were arguing the other way.

Problem is Hunt is still contracted to Dragons for 2023 for $1.2M and they have no reason to let him go early nor could we match the $1.2M if they did.

Next problem is that Paynes market value seems to have slipped somewhat since his public request with multiple league identities questioning if he is worth what he wants so his appetite to move seems to have cooled off and easier to pick up the already generous salary we have committed to him for the next 2 seasons.
Payne would get his full contract paid for by any NRL club. Just not the upgrade he wants. 850k is top dollar for hiim

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.