Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

Board has to go - bring in people with strong leadership skills and connections to QRL and grass roots clubs and one quality business man to keep the ship upright.

Coach has to go. Wolfpack can't operate at the moment, see if Noble wants a crack at an NRL title / Walkers as assist.

Coaching staff - Covid is ravaging the USA - see if any elite coaching staff want to move to Aus - yeah, I fully understand that the NFL is a totally different game, but just to grab an entirely new perspective in attack. They have set plays absolutely mastered. Pair them with some local experts and something interesting may come from it.

Players. Put Milf and Bird on notice to find teams next year. Bird may turn out to be somewhat useful if we can't find a new home, but I'd show Milf the same effort he's given us and if he can't find a team and request a release, then i'd park him in our 30 next year and tell him not to bother coming to training/game day as he can sit on the couch and get fat, NRL career done. I wouldn't even pay a cent towards any offloading deal, he requests a release or he rots on the sideline. He's still young, he could easily play on for another 5 years, even on $300k, he'd earn far more / have the opportunity to find some spark again if he cut his losses now than wreck his career.

I'd beg Joey to come and tutor our halves for 6 months, pay whatever he asked. If Dearden is our future, lock him in now for at least another 2 years. If he won't commit, find a half who will.

Need to find 2-3 old boys on the last 3 years of their careers to move here and guide this lost team.

Bring in the best of the old guard, Webke, Civo, Locky and co. Let them rip this team a new arse. Give the team to the old boys for a few weeks to punish the s**t out of them on the training paddock.

I also wouldn't wait until 2021. I'd be getting this plan in place right f***ing now. The loss of talent has only just started. How long before players refuse to sign with us because of the rot going on, we are aimless, pathetic, inept and every other adjective for this bulls*** you can think of.

White should go, today. DL and Morris should step down and an interim board should begin the above process, make it loud, public, show our intent to be a premiership force by 2022/3 or die trying.

Last edited:
I get all that. But imagine the narrative. You get to leave The Storm in great hands and also turn around the club you supported as a kid. $700K a year is better than nothing in retirement.
Smith is one of those rare types you just know could make the transition from elite player to elite coach. I would sign him into a coaching pathway in a flash. I suspect he might be media bound, though.

build the team around the following players:
Coates, Staggs, Dearden, Haas, Carrigan

Farnworth would be a nice keep too but not top priority.

Boyd, Macca, Kahu, Milford, need to go.
Croft, Offa, Oates, Lodge, won’t be missed either.

Ask Bird if he wants to stick around and be fullback, if not send him to whichever club pays the highest % and buy the best fullback available

Spend big on the spine.

1. Bird
6. An experienced 5/8
7. Dearden
9. Grant / Smith

Go to the market and pick up experienced but affordable, reliable players to fill the rest of the team.

I have a gut feeling that Green will be the coach. All a bit strange how quickly he left the Cowboys. Kearney as assistant coach. No idea about CEO. I would offload Lodge and Offa. Bring in Corey Horsborough who I beleive is a Caboulture kid. For experience maybe Kevin Proctor or Mitch Aubeson. The kid plsying fullback at Cowboys at present seems to have far more potential than Tesi.
Would stick with Croft and Deardon in halves and Paix at Hooker. Keep Isaako. Tell Bird Oates and Milf to find another home. Go for Jessie Ramien or Ewan Aitkin in centres.
Sorry its a bit jumbled. Just typing and watching footie at same time.

I have a gut feeling that Green will be the coach. All a bit strange how quickly he left the Cowboys. Kearney as assistant coach. No idea about CEO. I would offload Lodge and Offa. Bring in Corey Horsborough who I beleive is a Caboulture kid. For experience maybe Kevin Proctor or Mitch Aubeson. The kid plsying fullback at Cowboys at present seems to have far more potential than Tesi.
Would stick with Croft and Deardon in halves and Paix at Hooker. Keep Isaako. Tell Bird Oates and Milf to find another home. Go for Jessie Ramien or Ewan Aitkin in centres.
Sorry its a bit jumbled. Just typing and watching footie at same time.

I dont think Corey would want to be coached by Green. He is one of the reasons he left the Cowboys.

Green is shit! wtf surely we’re not going to.

I also see alot of people mentioning Harry Grant. He is a great great player not doubting that, but why are we so quickly giving up on Turpin who we all heralded as fantastic when he was first blooded?
How many Tigers games have you watched?

Grant is the next QLD hooker.

I love Turpin but Grant is already better than he’ll ever be. We desperately need a fullback but there’s none available.

Man I’d almost be happy to have Dunamis back at this point

I love Turpin but Grant is already better than he’ll ever be. We desperately need a fullback but there’s none available.
This kid sounds pretty good.

Screenshot 2020 07 25 Broncos race to lock up new Lockyer

The big question mark is fullback for me. We need a left centre, and some depth on the edge, but who wears the 1 is the big question.

Is Tesi Niu the answer? Do we stick with him and ride it out or do we go to market?

The spine will be 1. ? 6. Croft 7. Dearden 9. Turpin and 14. Paix moving forward I think. With some time together, it can be handy.

Whilst we are heavy on middle forwards, I’d love JWH here for a couple of years.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Nerd
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Brocko
  • Mick_Hancock
  • westy316
  • Fatboy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • ivanhungryjak
  • eggstar10
  • Tim K
  • LittleDavey
  • bert_lifts
  • Wolfie
... and 64 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.