Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

Has this been posted before?

"Anthony Milford has vowed to fight for his career at the Broncos with the under-fire playmaker insisting he can recapture the sizzling form that inspired Brisbane’s charge to the 2015 grand final..."

"“I am playing well in attack when I get my defence in order." Well, truth be told that the truth is bleeding obvious, Milf. Pull your finger out.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...n/news-story/749d531c19f55a0f3268b64d293045cb

people probably just skipped over it since we hear that every season from him

"Anthony Milford has vowed to fight for his career at the Broncos with the under-fire playmaker insisting he can recapture the sizzling form that inspired Brisbane’s charge to the 2015 grand final..."

"“I am playing well in attack when I get my defence in order." Well, truth be told that the truth is bleeding obvious, Milf. Pull your finger out.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...n/news-story/749d531c19f55a0f3268b64d293045cb
Hopefully Kevvie can get him firing.

He seems to think he can get Milf going.

Hopefully Kevvie can get him firing.

He seems to think he can get Milf going.

I think he will. He did before. I would dearly love to see a fit Milford playing to his ability, and also, combining with Dearden. It is certainly something I am really looking forward to next year, especially after the shambles of this season.

Contract year I expect him to kill it in 2021

Same article comes out about this time every year.

Same article comes out about this time every year.

But ... but .. this year is different! No Seibold. The Seibold Effect will have worn off (mostly), so at least Milford won't have brain strain and can swap spreadsheet for side step, clipboard for football. Go Milf!

Last edited:
But ... but .. this year is different! No Seibold. The Seibold Effect will have worn off (mostly), so at least Milford won't have brain strain and can swap spreadsheet for side step, clipboard for football. Go Milf!
It is, seeing as he's playing for his future. You'd hope if he does pull a blinder of a season out of his arse the retention panel wouldn't be fooled aga.... Oh wait, what am I thinking...

I'd actually be happy to keep Milford around for 300-450k, he's a solid play maker but at 1 million, I'll keep saying what I say now, which is he's utter shit.
Even if he absolutely kills it next year, we shouldn't offer him a cent above 500k or more than 2 years.

I'd actually be happy to keep Milford around for 300-450k, he's a solid play maker but at 1 million, I'll keep saying what I say now, which is he's utter shit.
Even if he absolutely kills it next year, we shouldn't offer him a cent above 500k or more than 2 years.
He is in a difficult position because I am pretty sure he does not want to move from Brisbane for family reasons. He might have to take a significant haircut on his next contract to stay here if that is the case. I agree with you $500K max and maybe build in some incentive clauses so if he does perform he can get a bit more.

Milford on 500k is perfect but surely he knows even if he has a lights out season next year, he’s still going to have to take a pay cut. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he go check out Melbournes facilities and was in discussion with them and that’s why we had to cough up so much cash? Makes me think maybe he would go somewhere else.

Milford on 500k is perfect but surely he knows even if he has a lights out season next year, he’s still going to have to take a pay cut. Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he go check out Melbournes facilities and was in discussion with them and that’s why we had to cough up so much cash? Makes me think maybe he would go somewhere else.
I think that was posturing to get his contract price up and since then he has had kids and he and the wife's support network is here.

Someone will pay him way more than $500k

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.