Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

He is in a difficult position because I am pretty sure he does not want to move from Brisbane for family reasons. He might have to take a significant haircut on his next contract to stay here if that is the case. I agree with you $500K max and maybe build in some incentive clauses so if he does perform he can get a bit more.

Just how significant a haircut are you talking here?

Milf could end up at the titans at the rate things are going.

Last edited:
Milf could end up at the titans at the rate things are going.

Why though? They already have a million dollar half playing to half his wage. Do they need another one who plays to only a third of said wage?

Put him on an incentive contract based solely on number of line breaks, try assists, try’s and one on one tackles per game. Paid after a tally up end of each game. If that don’t do it nothin will.

Why though? They already have a million dollar half playing to half his wage. Do they need another one who plays to only a third of said wage?
Could get both for a combined mil come contract renewal time.
$1m for $800k worth of half talent wouldn’t be a bad deal

Could get both for a combined mil come contract renewal time.
$1m for $800k worth of half talent wouldn’t be a bad deal

Except stupid basketcase clubs will still throw a million at both, thank goodness that isn't the Broncos...oh wait.

No interest from me in re-signing an experienced player on huge money who was overlooked for captaincy in favor of a literal rookie and who at times can look like the worst half in the comp, even if he turns up in a contract year.

In the article on B.Smith's jaw on NRL.com, the Storm are not confident of Grant sticking around if C.Smith plays on. GET ON THE PHONE BRISBANE!

I can see Tripp now, if we try to get Grant

Giphy

We don't need to sign Grant. We have so many weak spots in our side, hooker isn't one of them.

We need to target an edge backrower, and a gun fullback. I'd be looking to see if Manu would leave the Rorters to play fullback, and Whare would be a good grab from Penrith to play left centre. He is too good to not be playing first grade, and could get him fairly cheap.

We don't need to sign Grant. We have so many weak spots in our side, hooker isn't one of them.

We need to target an edge backrower, and a gun fullback. I'd be looking to see if Manu would leave the Rorters to play fullback, and Whare would be a good grab from Penrith to play left centre. He is too good to not be playing first grade, and could get him fairly cheap.
Yeah why sign Grant when we already have McCullough...

Oh shit surely you couldn't have been talking about Turplod?

In the article on B.Smith's jaw on NRL.com, the Storm are not confident of Grant sticking around if C.Smith plays on. GET ON THE PHONE BRISBANE!

Wish we had a coach to pitch him a decent sale

I'm not sure we need another backrower yet , definitely a fullback and definitely grant if we can get him.
I'd be happy to punt turpin and get grant, if not try and get simpkin back.
I'd be happy with whare if he's cheap.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Allo
  • barker
  • broncos4life
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • FACTHUNT
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • johnny plath
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.