Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

I swear half the opinions on this forum are based off SuperCoach stats. Some are just dire.

I swear half the opinions on this forum are based off SuperCoach stats. Some are just dire.

It might help if you provide some context. Seeping generalisations are not the best way to invite discussion.

In the article on B.Smith's jaw on NRL.com, the Storm are not confident of Grant sticking around if C.Smith plays on. GET ON THE PHONE BRISBANE!
If grant leaves I reckon he would be heading back to the tigers

I can still dream though.
True would love him but we got more chance at Smith I reckon... also everyone is selling Turpin short... he may not be grant or smith but he is definitely good enough to be a premiership winning hooker

True would love him but we got more chance at Smith I reckon... also everyone is selling Turpin short... he may not be grant or smith but he is definitely good enough to be a premiership winning hooker

Turpin is fine but we need more than fine, we need to aim for the best, which is not Turpin.

Turpin is fine but we need more than fine, we need to aim for the best, which is not Turpin.
So you think you can target the best in every position? Turpin is a top 5 hooker in the league, 9 is not a position Brisbane need to fix. We don't have even have a fullback for next year.

So you think you can target the best in every position? Turpin is a top 5 hooker in the league, 9 is not a position Brisbane need to fix. We don't have even have a fullback for next year.
Top 5? Are you for real? C Smith, B Smith, Cook, Korisau, Grant, Mahoney, Hodgson, Friend are all better than him. Those are just the ones I can think of. Turps puts in a 100% but he certainly isn't one of the top hookers in the game.

I’m trying to target the best players in the most crucial positions. Turpin is not a top five hooker in the comp but I respect you rate him highly, I don’t. I want to be like the Roosters who have top 5 players in almost every position and if the best is potentially available, I’m going after him, particularly in the spine. Grant is the best young holler in the game by far, so I want him.

And besides, when you are running dead last by a country mule on for and against, just about every position is a problem position.

I’m trying to target the best players in the most crucial positions. Turpin is not a top five hooker in the comp but I respect you rate him highly, I don’t. I want to be like the Roosters who have top 5 players in almost every position and if the best is potentially available, I’m going after him, particularly in the spine. Grant is the best young holler in the game by far, so I want him.

And besides, when you are running dead last by a country mule on for and against, just about every position is a problem position.

Priceless

Top 5? Are you for real? C Smith, B Smith, Cook, Korisau, Grant, Mahoney, Hodgson, Friend are all better than him. Those are just the ones I can think of. Turps puts in a 100% but he certainly isn't one of the top hookers in the game.
Tom Starlings another one coming through..he has looked very good this year...

Last edited:
also, i think this might sound obvious but didnt even realsie this myself until recently..

Our pack needs a enforcer.

Someone who opposition players simply wont contemplate going anywhere near, who inspires his team by his example to not take a backwards step to anyone on the field..

TPJ aint it, hes on the lunatic fringe, misses 25% of all H&A games through supsensions...

So if we are identifiying long term pieces to add....id like the club to give it serious thought...

I just want a 9 with a bit of speed.. We've had a couple in recent years who could run the footy, Parcell, Granville, Segeyaro. Unfortunately they all had massive deficiencies elsewhere in their game.

More recently McCullough, Turpin, Luke & Paix are all slowwwwwwwwww.

One guy who is never mentioned, Sam Verrills. He'd be the perfect recruitment target. He's stuck behind Friend, who probably wants to play another 2-3 years, and he's a really fucking good young player.

also, i think this might sound obvious but didnt even realsie this myself until recently..

Our pack needs a enforcer.

Someone who opposition players simply wont contemplate going anywhere near, who inspires his team by his example to not take a backwards step to anyone on the field..

TPJ aint it, hes on the lunatic fringe, misses 25% of all H&A games through supsensions...

So if we are identifiying long term pieces to add....id like the club to give it serious thought...

*Josh McGuire has entered the chat*

We had one in SuA but our 'gun' coach decided he was surplus to needs.

Thats who im thinking off...though might take a year or 2 until his current contract runs out...

The other one is Jack Hethrington.....contracted to 2021 so we can have a year watching him then if he continues along his current trajectory we should be able to outbid anyone for him...

But we need to put the feelers out for both of them now...

Last edited:
Thats who im thinking off...though might take a year or 2 until his current contract runs out...

The other one is Jack Hethrington.....contracted to 2021 so we can have a year watching him then if he continues along his current trajectory we should be able to outbid anyone for him...

But we need to put the feelers out for both of them now...

I support Hetherington, hes off contract end of next season too.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bronx48
  • Justwin
  • broncos4life
  • Skyblues87
  • Old Mate
  • pennywisealfie
  • winslow_wong
  • Yem
  • Behold
  • HVbronco
  • Jedhead
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • something
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
... and 75 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.