Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

There HAS to be money left, the club is n the brink of self-destruction it seems.

And for goodness sake, learn to speak like a board member, give your supporters hope you moron.

Last edited:
There HAS to be money left, the club is n the brink of self-destruction it seems.

And for goodness sake, learn to speak like a board member, give your supporters hope you moron.

Exactly right Sproj! I mean we all know there is bugger all quality in terms of off-contract players to buy next year, but even still, he could at least have sounded a bit more positive and pro-active. He could have said instead, "look, we do have some room to manoeuvre with our salary cap next year but we want to wait for the right players to become available in the positions we need to fill".

Not THAT difficult to give us long-suffering fans a bit of hope is it Locky, ya numbnuts.

Last edited:
Oh FFS Lockyer, where does all the money go!! Fifita, Boyd, Kahu etc etc, there must be a fair bit of coin left from them surely. Who the **** is the accountant at this club! The shit Locky speaks, seriously, if he wasn't a champion footy player god knows what he would have been doing for a job.

Maybe if you, Locky, and your fellow peanuts in recruitment and on the board didn't shell out 1 million per season for muppets like Milford we might be in much better shape salary cap wise!

I mean seriously, let's say half a mill saved from Boyd, the 700k we set aside for Fifita, and 300k from Kahu, isn't that well over a million we should have. I know we probably have to upgrade a few of the young blokes, but christ almighty what are we paying the rest of these dipshits.

You couldn't make this shit up.

clubs are always crying poor ... right up until the second they sign someone they want. maybe it's to try and prevent greedy managers from trying to suck them dry.

besides, i doubt anyone ever comes out an tells the truth in a situation like this ... and the truth is there is **** all quality on the market right now.

i expect us to be big players in the market for 2022, when massive amounts of quality are available

Yeah I wouldn't read too much into that, come end of 2021 we will have moved on the majority of big money players.

Next year I expect to finish 10th-14th, there's a lot to fix and it won't happen quickly.

Indeed, in reality Kevin has put his hand up to accept the same challenge that Anthony did under the same set of circumstances - or close enough.
Different coaches but same job and players to contend with.
Hopefully for Kevins sake or perhaps Paul’s - will be dealing with whole upgraded front office who can assist instead of putting their heads in the sand and pretending its not happening.
As Pearl said its challenging but with all due respect that’s an understatement.
What do you mean same set of circumstances Kevin will inherit an underperforming clusterfucked roster whereas Seibolds inherited what was tipped to win the premiership by many ‘experts’

How can we not have much?

Fifita was staying around on 750ish, we should have at least that. Unless that's all we had and we're using that money to instead upgrade Staggs/Dearden

How can we not have much?

Fifita was staying around on 750ish, we should have at least that. Unless that's all we had and we're using that money to instead upgrade Staggs/Dearden
Milford and Bird still taking up a fair chunk.

Plodders like Ofahengaue got an upgrade not long ago. It adds up. Remember for every player out the door someone has to fill that top 30 spot and be counted on the cap.

Unless Macca’s final year is worth $700k? Wouldn’t surprise me. Kahu, Boyd and Fifita are all gone and absolutely nothing has come in, this club is a joke, well more of one than we hoped. There is no hope.

Except those players were already taking up that cap space.

Brisbane have cash, there just isn't a lot of talent on the market. They'll likely make a few signings, but it's nobody worth getting too excited over although they'll make the life easier for others at the club.

Except those players were already taking up that cap space.

Brisbane have cash, there just isn't a lot of talent on the market. They'll likely make a few signings, but it's nobody worth getting too excited over although they'll make the life easier for others at the club.

I bet if an unexpected gun becomes available, our club genuinely won’t have money to get them

I bet if an unexpected gun becomes available, our club genuinely won’t have money to get them

It depends on their position.

If we're talking Fonua-Blake, no big loss. Good pick up for the Warriors, not for the Broncos.

The last thing the Broncos need to do is sign another Barba.

Last edited:
maybe front loading some contracts for next year to have a bigger pool for 2022?

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Waynesaurus
  • Sproj
  • The Strapper
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • Footy Fanatic
  • thenry
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Volvo Driver
  • Mister Wright
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
  • Spike
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
  • levikaden
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.