Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

Not any more hopefully mate. The Walters early shifts even from kick offs were a trademark of his. I can’t wait. Throw in some Cartwright back row second phase Instead of shovelling the ball to Fifita under ten style and we are away. Better days ahead .
I wasnt sold on cartwright but geeze the guys got some exemplary experience particularly as an assistant👍

I wasnt sold on cartwright but geeze the guys got some exemplary experience particularly as an assistant👍
Yeh I’m not convinced either, but if he helps bring us back up to where we need to be, I’ll be stoked!

In regards to Cartwright has anyone seen some news on what role he'll play??

Is he going to be the defensive coach with Kevvie taking the attack for himself??

What about Dean Whare? known as a great defender and having the ability to feed his winger good ball. He was injured and can’t crack their side since. Dare say Penrith would chip in to free up some space

What about Dean Whare? known as a great defender and having the ability to feed his winger good ball. He was injured and can’t crack their side since. Dare say Penrith would chip in to free up some space

Talent wise sure but he is a walking injury and our medical idiots are not the kind who work miracles on injury prone players, if anything they somehow manage to do the opposite. I hope for his sake he doesn’t go anywhere near our medical team.

Not any more hopefully mate. The Walters early shifts even from kick offs were a trademark of his. I can’t wait. Throw in some Cartwright back row second phase Instead of shovelling the ball to Fifita under ten style and we are away. Better days ahead .
While reading this, for a split second I had visions of Bryce Cartwright in a Bronco's jersey, off loading in the second row. Then thankfully my brain caught up. Still a bit shaken though.

Someone please explain to me why you think John Cartwright would be a great assistant coach?

I'm not sold on him at all. Has he brought success with him anywhere he's been an assistant?

Someone please explain to me why you think John Cartwright would be a great assistant coach?

I'm not sold on him at all. Has he brought success with him anywhere he's been an assistant?

Depends if you class a premiership as success I guess.

Yep , was assistant at cows when they beat us. Not that I'm too hyped about him either but I guess that's something.

Yep , was assistant at cows when they beat us. Not that I'm too hyped about him either but I guess that's something.

also assistant to John Lang at the Panthers in 2003
then worked under Ricky at the Roosters

Plus he wasn't even a bad head coach, so he has some good runs on the board.

My question was sincere and genuine and this is the smart arse response I get?

Lol

I wasn't aware he was an assistant at the cows when they beat us in the GF, as well as an assistant with Ricky at the Roosters.

It's a good thing he's been at clubs and had success.
Depends if you class a premiership as success I guess.

Plus he wasn't even a bad head coach, so he has some good runs on the board.

Manly players spoke very highly of Carty when he went for the vacant Manly job in 2018 after Barrett quit, but missed out to Des. Cartwright had a very good relationship apparently with the players.

As well as the Cowboys success in 2015 as an assistant and Penrith in 2003, Cartwright has a 46 per cent win rate in just under 200 games as a NRL head coach, which is pretty decent, and has also served as an assistant with the Roosters, NSW and the Kangaroos. Let's not forget he also guided the Titans to within a game of the grand final in 2010 and spent 8 years there in total..Also coached NSW Country Origin side in 2009. Cartwright served as a forwards coach during his time as Manly assistant but was sacked at the end of this season as Des wanted to shake things up due to their poor performances this year.

I do hope, however, Kev will bring in Neil Henry purely for that support around game tactics etc for which Henry is very highly regarded. It is the man management skills that have let Neil down a bit in the past I believe from reports at the time. But Kev has that side of things covered so all good there.

Last edited:

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Financeguy
  • jd87
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • kiwi2
  • Cavalo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • levikaden
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Justwin
  • something
  • MrMoore
  • Skathen
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.