Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

EDIT: off topic

Attachments

• 1606554788597.png
    1606554788597.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 195
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh definitely Joffa, no one on the board is in any danger whatsoever, in fact one of them just gave himself an extension until the right candidate is 'available'.
With a nice pay rise too i bet

Interesting CM just published written by Crash Craddock suggesting one of the indirect reasons our season turned to shit this year was due to the issues around the club retrentching so many staff due to the impact of Covid. Due to Brisbane being a public company, apparently we were forced to cut deeper and quicker than all other clubs, hence people such as Yow Yeh being let go.

Of particular interest is a point Craddock raised around 3 or 4 staff who had been with the club for years losing their jobs. These blokes were said to be the ones traditionally pulling players into line if they were getting a bit big headed and slacking off etc. Apparently Seibold was reluctant to take on this responsibility when these blokes lost their roles.

If true, just goes to show how bad things got in terms of culture and morale around the joint.

Kevvie will have them all singing the same tune when we hit the field in 2021 though, I'm sure of it!

Last edited:
Interesting CM just published written by Crash Craddock suggesting one of the indirect reasons our season turned to shit this year was due to the issues around the club retrentching so many staff due to the impact of Covid. Due to Brisbane being a public company, apparently we were forced to cut deeper and quicker than all other clubs, hence people such as Yow Yeh being let go.

Of particular interest is a point Craddock raised around 3 or 4 staff who had been with the club for years losing their jobs. These blokes were said to be the ones traditionally pulling players into line if they were getting a bit big headed and slacking off etc. Apparently Seibold was reluctant to take on this responsibility when these blokes lost their roles.

If true, just goes to show how bad things got in terms of culture and morale around the joint.

Kevvie will have them all singing the same tune when we hit the field in 2021 though, I'm sure of it!

It's a valid point and one I made several times earlier this year, the first out the door was Trad and Kenny Rach.

It's only after they were gone I think people internally realised how important they were and what they did that helped everyone.

Rach has been there since 1988 and Trad was 2006- you can't replace that football and Broncos knowledge.

Didn't realise Trad was gone. Seemed to be one of those furniture guys

It's a valid point and one I made several times earlier this year, the first out the door was Trad and Kenny Rach.

It's only after they were gone I think people internally realised how important they were and what they did that helped everyone.

Rach has been there since 1988 and Trad was 2006- you can't replace that football and Broncos knowledge.
So has Walters/the club brought anyone in to fill similar roles or are these guys back or is someone going to be filling the breach from the current team?

So has Walters/the club brought anyone in to fill similar roles or are these guys back or is someone going to be filling the breach from the current team?

They are not back, they were made redundant.

They have other people doing their job now that weren't sacked, but you can't replace that much service and Broncosness with a 24 year uni graduate.

Rach had been with Bennett since Souths, and then the Broncos strapping and keeping things moving, if you think you're a big shot something about Springer or Ken telling you to the butter your own roll or don't touch my paper that brought you back down at the BBQ.

Trad too, he understood media and footballers. A quiet word from Trad about how he heard you were not doing the right thing on Saturday night in city and young footballers knew, better coming from Trad than higher up- I better pull my head in- keeps them in check too- how did he know that?

Last edited:

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.