Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

I’ve came up with a conspiracy theory that helps me sleep at night. Kev spoke to all the players. The board had in-depth discussions with Kev about who we want to move on, who to keep, and who to target. Coming up with a clear and well thought out plan.

Then the board gets their friend to do the review The review finds that we need to move on a lot of players and this justifies the club pushing them out and shopping them around. Meanwhile Kev sits back with a shocked look on his face as all the players he secretly wanted gone are moved on while he appears to have no control over the roster.

This allows the club to shed the dead weight without having a new coach come in swinging the axe and having the team turn on him like what happened to Seibold.

White looks like the prick to the players, Kev is an innocent bystander. White moves on at the start of next year and the new CEO walks in and wins the remaining players over.

It’s not incompetence, it’s Machiavellian genius
Sounds good...but....the part about them coming up with a clear and well thought out plan just kills it😂

went missing most of the GF too. He’s still young though, he might dominate at that level once he gains experience but it’s just as likely he could end up another Pearce or Ponga who looks like they’ll be the next biggest name in the game but never quite hit that elite level.

went missing most of the GF too. He’s still young though, he might dominate at that level once he gains experience but it’s just as likely he could end up another Pearce or Ponga who looks like they’ll be the next biggest name in the game but never quite hit that elite level.

Bit unfair on Ponga. He’s looked alright at the top level so far and has played most of this season busted.

So, ...why is Cleary so shit at Origin level then..?

His team was carried for the season and he was afforded a lot more time and space than most halves in the comp enjoyed. It's easy to execute when you have space and time.

Now that NSW lost the first game, the refs won't let it happen in game 2, so Qld will be given a 12 metre "10" and penalised out of it if they don't keep back. Cleary will once again be the chosen one.

I hope kevie uses NSW's origin 2 basic frame work for 2021. The stats on nrl.com are very telling;

QLD had bugger all kick return metres because NSWs kick chase was great all night. This kept them down QLD's end.

Although NSW's post contact metres were only slightly more than QLD's, the total metres made by QLD were significantly less indicating that NSWs defensive line speed was far superior (again, pegging QLD in their own half).

NSW completion rate was in the 90 percentile (even though they moved the ball) and cleary and walker did not just play one side of the ruck, they drifted and linked regularly.

They did some very basic things, that will go a long way to winning a game, i hope the broncos see these and adopt them next year.

Last edited:
I hope kevie uses NSW's origin 2 basic frame work for 2021. The stats on nrl.com are very telling;

QLD had bugger all kick return metres because NSWs kick chase was great all night. This kept them down QLD's end.

Although NSW's post contact metres were only slightly more than QLD's, the total metres made by QLD were significantly less indicating that NSWs defensive line speed was far superior (again, pegging QLD in their own half).

NSW completion rate was in the 90 percentile (even though they moved the ball) and cleary and walker did not just play one side of the ruck, they drifted and linked regularly.

They did some very basic things, that will go a long way to winning a game, i hope the broncos see these and adopt them next year.
Good points. But TBF, NSW were offside from the opening whistle and allowed to hold down for most of the night.

NSW were always going to be afforded the better chance to win last night, something the Broncos rarely seem to have the luxury of.

If the Broncos try to manipulate the ruck and gain the advantages that come with it, we will get severely penalised.

Good points. But TBF, NSW were offside from the opening whistle and allowed to hold down for most of the night.

NSW were always going to be afforded the better chance to win last night, something the Broncos rarely seem to have the luxury of.

If the Broncos try to manipulate the ruck and gain the advantages that come with it, we will get severely penalised.

Qld was getting the rub of the green early and it showed with them taking the lead. Then, the ref decided enough of that, gave NSW a couple of dubious calls and then it was all one way traffic after that.

Qld was getting the rub of the green early and it showed with them taking the lead. Then, the ref decided enough of that, gave NSW a couple of dubious calls and then it was all one way traffic after that.
The gulf in talent is pretty enormous to be honest and Queensland don't need the rub of the green necessarily, but they do need to have not a lot go wrong or against them if they're going to be any chance.

Yes but I hope they adopt the way QLD played the first game. Particularly the defence in the second half.

Yes but I hope they adopt the way QLD played the first game. Particularly the defence in the second half.
It's all well and good to have the urgency, enthusiasm and commitment Qld showed in Game 1, and we didn't all year, however as I see it, our issues for next season is the absolute lack of any experience, and strike power in our backs, and the key question of whether or not Milford and Dearden combine well on both sides. We can lift our defence an awful lot, yes, but means little for winning if we can't score points.

We have no FB of note, maybe talent in Niu or Farnworth, but little experience ... hopefully Allan if we get him can fix the hole there, nothing to fill the void of Staggs's injury for at least half the season, a plodder (on performances so far) at hooker, and for mine, we need a ball playing lock.

On the question of lock, is Asiata signed or near it, or not?

Last edited:
It's all well and good to have the urgency, enthusiasm and commitment Qld showed in Game 1, and we didn't all year, however as I see it, our issues for next season is the absolute lack of any experience, and strike power in our backs, and the key question of whether or not Milford and Dearden combine well on both sides. We can lift our defence an awful lot, yes, but means little for winning if we can't score points.

We have no FB of note, maybe talent in Niu or Farnworth, but little experience ... hopefully Allan if we get him can fix the hole there, nothing to fill the void of Staggs's injury for at least half the season, a plodder (on performances so far) at hooker, and for mine, we need a ball playing lock.

On the question of lock, is Asiata signed or near it, or not?
apparently asiata has told a few people that he has signed with the broncos ... suprised they havent announced it yet though

apparently asiata has told a few people that he has signed with the broncos ... suprised they havent announced it yet though

Thanks for that. I have read in a few places that Kevvie wanted him for next year, but heard nothing since.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Fitzy
  • Jedhead
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  • Johnny92
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bronx48
  • theshed
  • Bish
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.