Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

About right for this time of proceedings. The bigger odds happen as the year progresses and the team doesn’t. Hope they’re wrong in our case.

If I'm not mistaken, bookies set their odds based how much money they receive for a particular team. the punting public have no faith in our team or coach, therefore, it's not surprising that the odds are where they stand

It is but the talk is it’s 2 years I believe.

reported as a 2 year extension for the 2022/23 seasons

although someone who has proven to be more reliable than Badel, @Smokin' Joe, did like a post from @Morkel where he suggested that the $1.3 million stated in the article, could include an upgrade for next year (he said 2020, but we know what he meant).

so what i think may have happened, is Kevvie and the recruitment guys looked at the players available for 2021 (and probably 2022/2023 as well) and thought, there isn't anyone available for the 2021 season (at least from a marquee POV) that we need, so since we want to keep Flegs long term, why don't we use some of our available cap to boost his contract next season allowing us to get him slightly cheaper in 2022/2023 when we will be serious players in the market.

time for some speculative math

say we take $300k of that $1.3 million and give it too him in 2021.

he then signs a new 2 year deal worth $500k a season for the 2022/23 seasons

there is your $1.3 million from Badel's most recent article.

but here is the kicker, when that $300k is added to his 2021 contract, what are the chances the his "new" 2021 contract now equals $600k a rumoured Flegler, 2021 contract figure from the CM several weeks ago?

all just speculation, but also common sense and the math works 🤔

Why would his player option be anything less than he was getting before?

He will get his full contract value and sit on the sidelines just like Kahu. I doubt there's any love lost from either of them the way things panned out.

Turpin starts, we find an actual impact hooker to give him a spell if he needs it.
They weren't talking about his player option, they were talking about extending him beyond his PO year, but only on min wage

reported as a 2 year extension for the 2022/23 seasons

although someone who has proven to be more reliable than Badel, @Smokin' Joe, did like a post from @Morkel where he suggested that the $1.3 million stated in the article, could include an upgrade for next year (he said 2020, but we know what he meant).

so what i think may have happened, is Kevvie and the recruitment guys looked at the players available for 2021 (and probably 2022/2023 as well) and thought, there isn't anyone available for the 2021 season (at least from a marquee POV) that we need, so since we want to keep Flegs long term, why don't we use some of our available cap to boost his contract next season allowing us to get him slightly cheaper in 2022/2023 when we will be serious players in the market.

time for some speculative math

say we take $300k of that $1.3 million and give it too him in 2021.

he then signs a new 2 year deal worth $500k a season for the 2022/23 seasons

there is your $1.3 million from Badel's most recent article.

but here is the kicker, when that $300k is added to his 2021 contract, what are the chances the his "new" 2021 contract now equals $600k a rumoured Flegler, 2021 contract figure from the CM several weeks ago?

all just speculation, but also common sense and the math works 🤔

You have given it more thought than most 'journalists', so let's just run with it.

Onya Kevin. It’s no to Cameron.

Kev states in the article he has not yet decided on whether Dearden or Croft will partner Milf in the halves. Milf needs to take a lot more responsibility and Kev will put structure around him so he can play off the cuff. He's very confident Milf will bounce back to his best form ala 2015. Also fullback is a choice between Isaako, Farnworth and Nui.

According to Kev, CSmith will definitely not be a Bronco next year.

Nothing mentioned about potential player signings. You would hope to god there is something in the works though considering the amount of coin we SHOULD have to spend in our pockets.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, bookies set their odds based how much money they receive for a particular team. the punting public have no faith in our team or coach, therefore, it's not surprising that the odds are where they stand
In hobby horse races for sure but in reality the market is set according to those setting the odds perception of where they consider the participants are likely to finish in the race.

i.e. the winner of the race will be the horse who slows down last - yes!

Kev states in the article he has not yet decided on whether Dearden or Croft will partner Milf in the halves. Milf needs to take a lot more responsibility and Kev will put structure around him so he can play off the cuff. He's very confident Milf will bounce back to his best form ala 2015. Also fullback is a choice between Isaako, Farnworth and Nui.

According to Kev, CSmith will definitely not be a Bronco next year.

Nothing mentioned about potential player signings. You would hope to god there is something in the works though considering the amount of coin we SHOULD have to spend in our pockets.

I know we shouldn’t be selecting players based on their contract status or on the premise of ‘game time = re-sign’, but if Dearden is not in this side, I will lose it.

I hope it’s just Kevvie being publicly noncommittal for Croft’s sake

Last edited:
Holy shit that crash is bad! Hes lucky he walked away. Insane

.....can sympathise....my 16 year old walked unhurt from this recently....

De50cf83 0964 401e a4c2 e95da1ebefd5

It is but the talk is it’s 2 years I believe.

extension; its not the worse contract ive seen, but you wont convince me he earned his money last season...but then again thats the entire playing roster...

What it does do though is assist with nailing down future salary cap space for the next 2 FA markets....so there's that...

Anyone going to be at training tomorrow? Apart from the jersey announcement what else can we expect? Do the training contracted players show up this early? Who won’t be showing up on day one?

Anyone going to be at training tomorrow? Apart from the jersey announcement what else can we expect? Do the training contracted players show up this early? Who won’t be showing up on day one?
I believe all the rep players get time off, which is Haas and Coates I think. Pretty sure everyone else has to report in.

I believe all the rep players get time off, which is Haas and Coates I think. Pretty sure everyone else has to report in.
Well earned break for Haas, is Coates still injured? I forget what happened to him. Have we farewelled anyone from this year? Hopoate wanted to go back to Sydney didn’t he?

Well earned break for Haas, is Coates still injured? I forget what happened to him. Have we farewelled anyone from this year? Hopoate wanted to go back to Sydney didn’t he?
Coates will be fine for when he's due back, I think it's a mandated 6 week break.

Hopa just posted on Instagram farewell, so yep he's gone. Hopefully we get a similar post from Joffa.

Active Now

• Strop
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Aldo
  • Brotherdu
  • Shane Tronc
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Mick_Hancock
  • winslow_wong
  • Rah88
  • broncsgoat
  • eggstar10
  • big k
  • Spoon
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Harry Sack
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 74 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.