Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

Anyone going to be at training tomorrow? Apart from the jersey announcement what else can we expect? Do the training contracted players show up this early? Who won’t be showing up on day one?

Milford better be there after Kevvie’s interview

In another bit of sparkling news, I saw the grass on the Clive Berghofer centre training paddock today is dead... Brown, short and no doubt under-going reseeding and so on, but it won’t be trained on anytime soon...

A keep off sign is firmly planted in the middle of it, so I hope Kevvie planned on taking the squad back to the Broncos roots and training on the park, outside the Leagues Club...

Last edited:
In another bit of sparkling news, I saw the grass on the Clive Berghofer centre training paddock today is dead... Brown, short and no doubt under-going reseeding and so on, but it won’t be trained on anytime soon...

A keep off sign is firmly planted in the middle of it, so I hope Kevvie planned on taking the squad back to the Broncos roots and training on the park, outside the Leagues Club...
The dead grass really would sum up the state of the club this year.

We may as well get ready for a long, LONG 2021 at this point. We will be fielding possibly the worst top 30 squad the Broncos have ever seen and making finals is basically ruled out already, in November. When a finish anywhere between 9th and 12th is considered a victory, you know it is going to continue being a disaster until SOMEBODY with half a brain takes over the joint and says enough is enough, this is far from good enough.

We may as well get ready for a long, LONG 2021 at this point. We will be fielding possibly the worst top 30 squad the Broncos have ever seen and making finals is basically ruled out already, in November. When a finish anywhere between 9th and 12th is considered a victory, you know it is going to continue being a disaster until SOMEBODY with half a brain takes over the joint and says enough is enough, this is far from good enough.

completely disagree

Was Milf there today at training? I am not sure if the older guys had to turn up but looks like most of them did? Did our dedicated future captain?

Was Milf there today at training? I am not sure if the older guys had to turn up but looks like most of them did? Did our dedicated future captain?

Unless I read it wrong, @Big Pete posted he was, in the Pre Season thread.

Kevvie said Milf, Oates and Glenn all showed up despite not being required to be there

Last edited:
So given the discussion around it looking increasingly likely this may be the ins and outs for 2021:

Ins: Asiata, Copley, Mead, Kelly, Macca

Outs: Boyd, Bird, Joffa, Lodge, Joppa

Like, far out man, how can we not afford anything better than those hacks coming in??

So given the discussion around it looking increasingly likely this may be the ins and outs for 2021:

Ins: Asiata, Copley, Mead, Kelly, Macca

Outs: Boyd, Bird, Joffa, Lodge, Joppa

Like, far out man, how can we not afford anything better than those hacks coming in??

there's not much better than those hacks available ...

and i'd rather not spend for the sake of spending, possibly costing us from being heavily involved in the far superior market for the 2022 season

there's not much better than those hacks available ...

and i'd rather not spend for the sake of spending, possibly costing us from being heavily involved in the far superior market for the 2022 season

I'm not entirely against that either to be honest by as the Aloai? situation shows, contracts mean jack all. Even just bringing in Allan only would make things seem a lot more positive than they currently stand. Hopefully if no non-hack signings occur, they give Haas a little payrise and front end a couple of players' contracts.

I'm not entirely against that either to be honest by as the Aloai? situation shows, contracts mean jack all. Even just bringing in Allan only would make things seem a lot more positive than they currently stand. Hopefully if no non-hack signings occur, they give Haas a little payrise and front end a couple of players' contracts.

No one deserves a pay rise until we finish higher than last at the end of the season. We’re a team of hacks right now and have a lot of catching up to do.

TBF, Aloai has said he won't play for the Tigers again (seems to be trying to force their hands to get a bigger offer at Manly) ... part of me hopes the Tigers dig their heels in and force him to sit out a season. the sooner the NRL bring in their rumoured new rule that if a player gets a release from their current club, they can not get paid more than their current contract at their new club (until their contract would have ended) the better.

actually something i believe @Big Pete left out of his summary of the Walters interview was Kevvie talking about how many teams (like the Storm) won't be due back to training until January. but he said words to the effect of "over the next few weeks there will be a fait bit of player movement, not just at OUR club, but at other clubs as well ...

No one deserves a pay rise until we finish higher than last at the end of the season. We’re a team of hacks right now and have a lot of catching up to do.

Totally agree no one deserves a payrise but if next season is going to be as bad as it looks, I want hope and to have hope, you need a war chest - I'm talking go after four / five out and out guns / very good players - Munster, Grant, Brimson, Collins, Su'A

TBF, Aloai has said he won't play for the Tigers again (seems to be trying to force their hands to get a bigger offer at Manly) ... part of me hopes the Tigers dig their heels in and force him to sit out a season. the sooner the NRL bring in their rumoured new rule that if a player gets a release from their current club, they can not get paid more than their current contract at their new club (until their contract would have ended) the better.

actually something i believe @Big Pete left out of his summary of the Walters interview was Kevvie talking about how many teams (like the Storm) won't be due back to training until January. but he said words to the effect of "over the next few weeks there will be a fait bit of player movement, not just at OUR club, but at other clubs as well ...

I didn't see that bit at the end but hopefully it is good news. And I totally agree about contracts should have that rule but the reality remains, they don't, so until such time as that rule comes in, we need to take advantage of it like other clubs do with us.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Mustafur
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Astro
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • Allo
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Redux
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • LittleDavey
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.