Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

So given the discussion around it looking increasingly likely this may be the ins and outs for 2021:

Ins: Asiata, Copley, Mead, Kelly, Macca

Outs: Boyd, Bird, Joffa, Lodge, Joppa

Like, far out man, how can we not afford anything better than those hacks coming in??
Fifita , kahu

Last edited:
So given the discussion around it looking increasingly likely this may be the ins and outs for 2021:

Ins: Asiata, Copley, Mead, Kelly, Macca

Outs: Boyd, Bird, Joffa, Lodge, Joppa

Like, far out man, how can we not afford anything better than those hacks coming in??
Well that’s harsh... first of all Lodge is most likely not leaving... and second of all the likes of Boyd bird Hoffa and Joppa were half the issue... The likes of Asiata Copley Mead Kelly and Macca make our squad a lot more experienced and reliable... even if it is just a game or two every now and again... their presence in the squad outward the likes of Bird and Joppa on the sidelines and their reliability far out ways the likes of Boyd and Joffa

Deadset, I just cannot fathom that we aren't targeting anyone of note because we have no money, it is ludicrous.
That is understandable but their isn’t anyone of note that is half bloody realistic... we’re better off getting the depth and consistency right this year and when our cap is majoritevely cleared up next year we can start targeting players for 2022

Would Tyson Gamble make a good centre? He’s certainly built for it and we are pretty desperate

Would Tyson Gamble make a good centre? He’s certainly built for it and we are pretty desperate
There will still be some player movements, souths want tupou for suali so they will still be stacked for backs.

There will still be some player movements, souths want tupou for suali so they will still be stacked for backs.
Yeah I imagine so, but I’m curious about his abilities in that position. I could see him doing a good job there if needed

It honestly does not matter what level of talent is or is not off contract for 2021. The good clubs are regularly able to move on and recruit whatever player they see fit and in whatever position they see fit seemingly at will and regardless of contract terms and it just doesn't make sense that the Broncos cannot manage to do the same.

If we continually cannot make movements in the player market as efficiently as the successful clubs then that suggests the players have too much control over our salary cap position, and if the management has allowed that to be the case then they should be held accountable for that and probably pay for it with their jobs.

It honestly does not matter what level of talent is or is not off contract for 2021. The good clubs are regularly able to move on and recruit whatever player they see fit and in whatever position they see fit seemingly at will and regardless of contract terms

usually by making bigger money offers. then clubs releasing instead of having an unhappy player on their hands

It honestly does not matter what level of talent is or is not off contract for 2021. The good clubs are regularly able to move on and recruit whatever player they see fit and in whatever position they see fit seemingly at will and regardless of contract terms and it just doesn't make sense that the Broncos cannot manage to do the same.

This is what concerns me the most to be honest. I am only speculating here, but I am worried there is an attitude/perception developing among players across the NRL that playing for the Broncos just isn't worth the pressure or the effort anymore, not when they can probably earn just as much money within a decent system at the likes of the Roosters, Souffs and Melbourne and not have even half the media spotlight on their on field performances as they would have up here, especially when the club as a whole is well in the shitter, everyone with eyes can see it and the Rugby League media both north and south were having a field day at our expense as a result for the entirety of 2020. I'm pretty sure us earning the spoon whipped up more media attention than the race for the premiership. As a result, the club has no choice but to focus on within, and even then we need to pay massive overs (Flegler).

This is why Broncos supporters should be welcoming Brisbane 2 with open arms. Our talent pool is already being picked apart by other clubs under our noses anyway, and it has been that way for years at this point. What effect is Brisbane 2's inclusion going to have on us other than taking some pressure off and creating a new rivalry that will only be a positive for the city in League terms?

Last edited:
This is what concerns me the most to be honest. I am only speculating here, but I am worried there is an attitude/perception developing among players across the NRL that playing for the Broncos just isn't worth the pressure or the effort anymore, not when they can probably earn just as much money within a decent system at the likes of the Roosters, Souffs and Melbourne and not have even half the media spotlight on their on field performances as they would have up here, especially when the club as a whole is well in the shitter, everyone with eyes can see it and the Rugby League media both north and south were having a field day at our expense as a result for the entirety of 2020. I'm pretty sure us earning the spoon whipped up more media attention than the race for the premiership. As a result, the club has no choice but to focus on within, and even then we need to pay massive overs (Flegler).

This is why Broncos supporters should be welcoming Brisbane 2 with open arms. Our talent pool is already being picked apart by other clubs under our noses anyway, and it has been that way for years at this point. What effect is Brisbane 2's inclusion going to have on us other than taking some pressure off and creating a new rivalry that will only be a positive for the city in League terms?
Plus given starting out clubs tend to struggle, gives us a better chance at avoiding another spoon.

I see Kevvie is talking about how he is going to get the best out of TPJ. Without trying to sound negative, its sounding like every coach who tried to get the best out of the Coaltrain. I dont think anyone can question the talent, but i just dont know if you coach the dumbness out of some players. Maybe with TPJ less is going to be more with him in terms of getting the best out of him. Bench impact in a couple of shorter, high intensity spells until he can show he can control himself.

I see Kevvie is talking about how he is going to get the best out of TPJ. Without trying to sound negative, its sounding like every coach who tried to get the best out of the Coaltrain. I dont think anyone can question the talent, but i just dont know if you coach the dumbness out of some players. Maybe with TPJ less is going to be more with him in terms of getting the best out of him. Bench impact in a couple of shorter, high intensity spells until he can show he can control himself.

are we sure it is dumbness, rather than him being over-enthusiastic with his aggression and his desire to be an enforcer.

if it is the later, then we should be able to harness and control that aggression into one hell of a valuable footy player

are we sure it is dumbness, rather than him being over-enthusiastic with his aggression and his desire to be an enforcer.

if it is the later, then we should be able to harness and control that aggression into one hell of a valuable footy player

I personally think its dumbness mainly due to him doing it so many times. If he can get a bit more control though you are right about him being a very valuable player.

#TheReturn

They (Boyd and Gillett) will just be doing 1 day per week during the pre-season. Hopefully Gillo can instil a bit of defensive hardness into some of these powderpuffs.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Brotherdu
  • Hoof Hearted
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lurker
  • Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dazza 92
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.