Where to From Here? Let's Plan for 2021

It breeds a culture of self interest and dilutes all formulas for team dynamics.

You cannot grade toughness and effectiveness on game results, effort etc. That's all subjective. You want players focusing on winning together, not achieving individual stats. It is the complete opposite of what this club needs
You want players focusing on winning together, not achieving individual stats.
Thought that’s what I said.

Last edited:
You want players focusing on winning together, not achieving individual stats.
Thought that’s what I said.
Well yeah. So you can't have it the other way [emoji1745]

Put a time frame on the contracts offered to Dearden, Coates and Staggs. Happy for the club to offer decent $ for all players as I believe they are the core of this future moving forward but I refuse for the club be Fifita’d again.
Offer them market value +50k and I think that’s reasonable.

What’s with all these second year players wanting 500k or more?

I'm all for making hay, but it's getting ridiculous.

There'll be a tipping point soon where players will have to start accepting 'unders' to be able to be signed to anyone.

Unless its capewell or b smith, hold the dollars in the bank. The squad has enough there with a good coach to make the 8. End of this season Milfs contract is up to free more room.

Staggs if he stays and plays well, will be due for a an upgrade. Oates is off contract end of next season. Brimson is available from Tits. Paps from Storm.
I agree with this, lets see what Kev can get out of the squad we have for 2021and then decide who he keeps and who he ***** off, if we end up with a good base squad of players committed players to the Broncos jersey during 2021, we can start putting some bling on from 2022 and beyond, Kev can't do this overnight, I just hope the board give him the support he will need and back up the hard decisions he makes on players, Walters has a laid back and somewhat emotional demeanour but he ain't no soft **** I don't reckon

don't really have an answer for that one.

but i'm sure between the coaching staff and players management, they could come up with some acceptable measurable KPI's that show Allen is worth the extra money.
I reckon the first KPI would be " Try your guts out every time you pull the jersey on or **** off" second could be " Stay out or trouble and don't get pissed in public" anyone else?

Yeah. No mullets
Ok looks like the KPI list is coming together nicely, and although they are relevant to each member of our squad and individual performance based, by players living up to them, we are building team harmony, culture, and winning together.
1. Try your guts out every time you pull on the Broncos jersey
2. Don't get pissed in public and make a prick of yourself, you are a Bronco
3. No mullets
4. Stay of Tinder
Come on everyone we need more, probably 5 is the ideal number, we are dealing with rugby league players not Phd students, but remember "building team harmony, culture, and winning together" are the prerequisites for a KPI, the above KPI's may not even end up on the list, I will personally deliver the final list to Kevin Walters no problems, he will put it up on the wall in the excellence centre, you know the place that Seibold desecrated when he took over from Wayne.

Ok looks like the KPI list is coming together nicely, and although they are relevant to each member of our squad and individual performance based, by players living up to them, we are building team harmony, culture, and winning together.
1. Try your guts out every time you pull on the Broncos jersey
2. Don't get pissed in public and make a prick of yourself, you are a Bronco
3. No mullets
4. Stay of Tinder
Come on everyone we need more, probably 5 is the ideal number, we are dealing with rugby league players not Phd students, but remember "building team harmony, culture, and winning together" are the prerequisites for a KPI, the above KPI's may not even end up on the list, I will personally deliver the final list to Kevin Walters no problems, he will put it up on the wall in the excellence centre, you know the place that Seibold desecrated when he took over from Wayne.
I get this is in good fun but how do you quantify “trying your guts out”. Sorry mate, you only tried 86.5% or your guts out and we need at least a 90+ for you to meet your KPI.

There’s already a code of conduct in place so we don’t need the ‘don’t make a prick of yourself” KPI but again how do you quantify being a prick? Is it okay to be a prick if your pissed in private or to be a prick in public as long you’re sober?

Stay off Tinder? Why? What does that have to do with playing ability.

Mullets are back in fashion and accepted at most work places.

I'm all for making hay, but it's getting ridiculous.

There'll be a tipping point soon where players will have to start accepting 'unders' to be able to be signed to anyone.
This is where capitalism and basic economics comes into play, if your "worth" more than what is being offered, what is your true value? Go into the market place with a price, get the best for that money, and if they turn out to be worth more, give it to them. If not, Cut NFL style.

I get this is in good fun but how do you quantify “trying your guts out”. Sorry mate, you only tried 86.5% or your guts out and we need at least a 90+ for you to meet your KPI.

There’s already a code of conduct in place so we don’t need the ‘don’t make a prick of yourself” KPI but again how do you quantify being a prick? Is it okay to be a prick if your pissed in private or to be a prick in public as long you’re sober?

Stay off Tinder? Why? What does that have to do with playing ability.

Mullets are back in fashion and accepted at most work places.
Shed, you nailed it in your first sentence mate, things were a bit bleak in 2020, lighten up dude and add a KPI, come on do it.

3. No mullets
It's all about the quality of the mullet. A mullet in the style of Mel Gibson's should not only be accepted, but encouraged.

6a06f610dc3666df8caa590cf487cc26

Don't get pissed in public and make a prick of yourself, you are a Bronco
As a guess: if your behaviour would be acceptable as a Sharks player of the last 10-15 years but frowned upon at all the other 15 clubs, you’re most likely being a prick.

Last edited:

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Organix
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • Dash
  • TimWhatley
  • Battler
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Jazza
  • Mustafur
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • westy316
  • BroncoFan94
  • theshed
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.