VOTE Which team will receive the infamous Wooden Spoon?

Which team will receive the infamous Wooden Spoon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Blindside Bronco

Blindside Bronco

Broncos Fanboy
Oct 17, 2019
Post the teams name too so we can see at the end of the year who guessed correctly.

Post the teams name too so we can see at the end of the year who guessed correctly.
Just realised you can tell who vote by clicking on votes. Haha dopey.🤬🤪 Disregard my previous comment.

Last edited:
If we get injuries again, we'll be in the conversation unfortunately. Like it or not, the overall squad has gotten weaker, though without injuries, the first 17 is better than any given week post-covid last year. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, we still have the same medical team, so it is possible the injuries will be just as bad.

If injuries are kinder to us and given we have some competent coaches, I am going to go with the Sharks for no reason other than I don't want us to get it again.

If we get injuries again, we'll be in the conversation unfortunately. Like it or not, the overall squad has gotten weaker, though without injuries, the first 17 is better than any given week post-covid last year. Unfortunately, as far as I am aware, we still have the same medical team, so it is possible the injuries will be just as bad.

If injuries are kinder to us and given we have some competent coaches, I am going to go with the Sharks for no reason other than I don't want us to get it again.
The early signs certainly suggest our injury toll is likely to be pretty dreadful once again this year so yes, combined with what is arguably a weaker roster overall, it's going to be almost entirely reliant on Walters to, in just a few short months, completely reverse the culture of the place if we're to have any chance of getting clear of the bottom 4.

I'd say top half of the Bottom 8 would be enough for pass for Kevvie in my books. If he can exceed that then he deserves a huge pat on the back.

*** Cam Smith's arrival would absolutely change my perspective though. I think he makes us a Top 8 side almost instantly.

I went the Warriors. I feel bad about it given how much they sacrificed last year just to keep the game afloat, but I don't really rate their roster, I think Brown was obviously not their first choice of Coach, and that 2020 will have taken a lot out of them that will be hard to back up from.

This to me doesn't add up well to looking like a good 2021 for the Bros.

I went the Warriors. I feel bad about it given how much they sacrificed last year just to keep the game afloat, but I don't really rate their roster, I think Brown was obviously not their first choice of Coach, and that 2020 will have taken a lot out of them that will be hard to back up from.

This to me doesn't add up well to looking like a good 2021 for the Bros.

They have made some astute signings though and AFB gives them some huge grunt up forward.

tough one ... i went Dragons, but was also considering the Cowboys.

Why are so many saying the dragons?

the dragons are the blandest team in the NRL in both players and coaching but it’s not the right mix for a spoon. They have too much experience to win the spoon.

To win the spoon you need a team with variables that can really go wrong or right. Too much youth, a rookie coach, experienced players that are passed their prime and taking up good cap space.

Us, Cowboys, Bulldogs, Warriors....even the titans could still end in tears - or it could click like the Panthers and have a hot run.

Not the dragons through. The dragons will finish 12th for the next 3 years.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Spike
  • NSW stables
  • Broncorob
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.