VOTE Which two players do we miss the most?

Which two injured/absent players are the 2020 Broncos missing the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Pick two. Note: you can change your votes later and see who's voted for whom.

Last edited:
Lodge, and now TPJ, for me.

A fully fit Lodge eases our middle rotation in this new covid NRL world. It allows Flegler to come off the bench instead of having to be a 50min starting prop.

Middle forwards are the most important forwards in this current NRL world and we currently only have 2 that are suitable for it (Haas and Carrigan), when we actually need 5... Flegler is getting there, but he's not a starting middle at this stage. TPJ (our third suitable middle) is now gone for the season and seemingly doing everything in his power to exit the club (with his $650k contract intact of course).

Offa looks completely unsuitable at this stage... and for whatever reason super coach insists on playing our bench middles for about 20mins each, even though the increased workload on the forwards is massive under the new rules.

Last edited:
Bird and cough, cough, Macca for mine.

Bird was showing signs as being the answer to what we needed at the back. Macca? Well, the team was built around him in the middle. For all his shortcomings, he was experienced, did ok organising the middle. His defence was great. he was consistent. Letting him go was IMO a mistake

Lodge, and now TPJ, for me.

A fully fit Lodge eases our middle rotation in this new covid NRL world. It allows Flegler to come off the bench instead of having to be a 50min starting prop.

Middle forwards are the most important forwards in this current NRL world and we currently only have 2 that are suitable for it (Haas and Carrigan), when we actually need 5... Flegler is getting there, but he's not a starting middle at this stage. TPJ (our third suitable middle) is now gone for the season and seemingly doing everything in his power to exit the club (with his $650k contract intact of course).

Offa looks completely unsuitable at this stage... and for whatever reason super coach insists on playing our bench middles for about 20mins each, even though the increased workload on the forwards is massive under the new rules.

I get where you are coming from. My choices were focused on what I see as the major problem for us - lack of any organisation in the middle, our spine, and as for Bird, he was inspiring with his competitiveness separate to his impact at the back. A consequence of losing him was Boyd. Ugh.

Last edited:
I picked Glenn for his leadership, which might be optimistic, and Turpin, because the side could use some sex appeal.

Last edited:
Glenn and Lodge for their leadership. They are the only two capable leaders in the squad and when fit, they carry this team.

Closely followed by Bird. He would add so much value to this team but we are so used to playing without him I decided not to pick him.

Glenn and Issako. Glenn for his leadership and Issako for his kicking and how he can play when not burdened by issues in his personal life.

Glenn and a full strength Lodge. Our pack has been torn to shreds this season. It's like the club wants to fail.

Isn't an impressive list but went with TPJ and Milford as they would be my two best when at there best.

Glenn and Issako. Glenn for his leadership and Issako for his kicking and how he can play when not burdened by issues in his personal life.
No point having a kicker if you don’t score tries.

Macca? Well, the team was built around him in the middle. For all his shortcomings, he was experienced, did ok organising the middle. His defence was great. he was consistent. Letting him go was IMO a mistake
Macca's last game for us. Hope this helps.

Screenshot 2020 08 16 Eels v Broncos

Active Now

• OnToSomething
  • Pablo
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.