VOTE Which two players do we miss the most?

Which two injured/absent players are the 2020 Broncos missing the most?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think we have missed the old Corey Oates. The Corey Oates that actually resembled an NRL winger. He was super valuable coming out of our end, and at his best he knew how to score tries. Not sure if that Oates disappeared when Boyd's form dropped, but those two were a good combination when firing.

The other player would be Jack Bird. I never knew why we signed him, but I was still happy that we had him. Until he got injured of course. He has a competitive edge and a bit of arrogance that the team at the moment lacks. He backs himself and has an attitude which makes the players around him follow him. He was a natural leader, a bit like Hodges was.

Actually our 22-18 win over South in round 2 was his last game for us. He is the only Bronco to have a 100% win record this season.
I stand corrected. He came off the bench in the 63rd minute when the score was 22-12 in our favour. While he was on the field we lost 0-6. Against the Cowboys he came on in the 58th minute, after which we lost 6-12.

Last edited:
Glenn for his leadership, experience & his willingness to play for the full 80min.

Also, I really like him.

Bird, he brings some experience, a good skill set, he's a genuine footballer & attacks every play with a bit of mongrel.

Also, his missus is HOT as fk

Probably get a few laughs but Jack Reed.
It would be a fair argument to say that our left edge has been shambolic since he’s been gone and the losses hurt him more than most I see today, even if its going back a bit. I bloody miss him too

Honestly, Josh McGuire?

On that list. Glenn, being the skipper, and Turpin, considering first choice hooker. Bird after that. He has a bit of competitive mongrel and was probably the best all 'round choice at fullback. Although considering his injury problems, perhaps not the wisest choice there (and he didn't spend the off-season there).

Voted Bird and Segeyaro. Both for their experience and attack.

I definitely miss the old Corey Oates, the try scorer who chews up the metres from our end to get the sets started well.

I'm also already missing what TPJ brings but I'm conflicted because he seems to be a bit of an asshat.

Last edited:
Get your votes in, if you haven't already. Change them if you like.

Standout: Jack Bird
Surprise: Macca
Smoky: Segeyaro
Flop: Oates

I could only bring myself to pick one, bird. The rest meh. What a sad situation to have that many injured yet, meh.

Isaako and Birdy .miss isaako at his best. He was electric the first two rounds of the year and Birdy well he just competes which the rest of the team clearly don't

Couple of odd choices I guess. Tate and De'Vere.

From the current team.. 2015 Milford and 2017 Boyd.. not sure what happened to those players.. well Boyd is over 30 but Milford has no physical excuse as best I can work out.. Probably should choose a forward also but only allowed two picks and those guys were awesome!

Active Now

• heartly87
  • broncoscope
  • NSW stables
  • Organix
  • Broncorob
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.