Who are the most overrated players out the the current Broncos squad?

Corey Oates and Jake Turpin(don't get me wrong I think his a good player, but I see him as a short term answer to a longterm question).

TPJ - has some considerable talent - but does not have it where it counts... between the ears. Between the silly penalties and suspensions, makes some silly decisions/errors and also has struggled injury wise from time to time. Definitely not worth the high end contracts that are thrown around in the media for someone like him...

Corey Oates and Jake Turpin(don't get me wrong I think his a good player, but I see him as a short term answer to a longterm question).

Agree with these two.

Oates really hasn't improved at all since his first couple of years, which is disappointing. He's still a very good winger, but yeah, certainly overrated by most Broncos fans I think.

Maybe too early to call on Turpin, but I've been less impressed by him than the majority of fans seem to have been, I think a lot of people are just excited to have someone at hooker that isn't McCullough. He's still only 23 though, who knows, he might actually improve as a player, unlike the Ben Hunt's and Andrew McCullough's of the world.

Oates early on was devestating in attack to the point his deficiences defensively weren't such a concern and teams weren't really exploiting it, now the try scoring well is drying up and teams have steadily grown to understand these problem areas and are exploiting them, positionally and under the high ball he has serious issues that need to be addressed if he is to continue out on the wing.

As for Turpin he is ideal for the short term, long term that is something that he needs to convince us he is capable of and I'm not sure at this stage he is upto that task so we shouldn't stop looking for more ideal options.

People are calling out my boys haha
I thought it was a good thread because most people on here are negative. Maybe I should do a positive one...

I thought it was a good thread because most people on here are negative. Maybe I should do a positive one...

lol what? how can naming overrated players in your own team be positive?

lol what? how can naming overrated players in your own team be positive?
Didn't say it was positive. I said I thought it was good as most people like being negative 😒. I have written a positive thread now 😊 so you are welcome to comment on that one. If this doesn't tickle ya!

It’s hard to tell if Turpin is good or it’s just the forward pack and him not throwing passes behind or above receiving players that makes him look good

He is also quite the competitor which earns him points. He’s safe for now especially with Paix not getting a solid year in Q Cup like they would have hoped.

Turpin provides good service, seems switched on and hits hard in defense. He is also young and sometimes does dumb stuff but in the three areas that count for a hooker, he's got it. Plus he has cult following as a result of the horrible haircut and looking like a textbook bogan. What's not to love?

I'm kinda leaning towards Lodge/Glenn

Last edited:

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • LGH
  • Mr Fourex
  • Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Browny
  • the_next
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Alec
  • The Boss
  • Foordy
  • Santa
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.