Who are you going for?

It was great to see the Storm go down after winning the minor premiership so easily, whilst I'm not a a Ricky fan I would rather back him any day than see those 'we are perfect at managing our cap' Roosters win again.

If you're not going for the Raiders this Sunday and have no family/history with the roosters. What the hell is wrong with you?

carn the green machine.

Papalli to take on the pack single handedly.

Last edited:
I think even if Raiders lose, they will be back in the GF in the next few years I reckon.

Ricky has instilled a mental toughness in the side that hasn't been there in recent years. They aren't falling apart and crumbling when things aren't going their way in a match, they are finding ways to get back in the game and get on top.

If George Williams can find his feet in the NRL, that will only make them better. There are good signs ahead for Raiders.

While on the Raiders, I'm going for them for two reasons.

1. I have always had a soft spot for them. I watched them a lot growing up and I always liked their style of play.
2. Jarrod Croker. He's the kind of player that deserves a premiership. Like Jack Reed, this is a bloke that will give his all out on the field for the jersey. You don't ever hear people questioning his commitment to the side. He's never one to slack off. He'll go out there and bleed for the jersey. He isn't the most skillful player out there but he plays with a lot of heart. He has suffered a lot throughout his career, it's time it all works out for him.

Next year we will all be forced to sit through the Cam Smith fairytale. Ricky hasn't had his fairytale yet, not as a player or as a coach in origin and he has tried so hard. When is Ricky's turn? It's not fair. Go Ricky.

I'm on board the Mouldy old dough.
Anything to stop the Rorters taking our back to back.

I'm going for the Raiders.

They've proved the experts wrong for two games now. Fingers crossed they can do it one more time.

Bounce the Roosters early then hang on for dear life.

I like their resilience and not dropping their heads in the face of adversity.

A good example was the Melbourne game when they lost a player from the fireworks before the kick off.

Catastrophic! A player down. Away from home. Interchange plan out the window. Melbourne in Melbourne. Come on footy gods, the Storm are hard enough as it is!

They just got on with the job. What a team. Brisbane could learn from them.

Next year we will all be forced to sit through the Cam Smith fairytale. Ricky hasn't had his fairytale yet, not as a player or as a coach in origin and he has tried so hard. When is Ricky's turn? It's not fair. Go Ricky.

They are saving his fairy tale for when the Broncos make the GF next.

It would be good if we get a Broncos vs Raiders GF at some point.

We never got to witness one in the 90's. It should have happened in '90 but it didn't pan out that way. It looked like it was going to happen in '93 as well, but Ricky broke his leg right before the finals and Canberra fell apart. Considering the sheer talent in both sides, it arguably would have been up there as one of the best GF's in history, if not the best.

A GF between the Broncos and Raiders now wouldn't be as good, but it's one I've always hoped for.

I lived in Canberra for a few years as a kid (when they had that ridiculously good team), so I guess I'll be cheering them on.

Also, **** the Roosters.

The 2 teams I really didn't want in the GF are out, so it's not all bad. That said...

**** sticky, go raiders.

We never got to witness one in the 90's. It should have happened in '90 but it didn't pan out that way. It looked like it was going to happen in '93 as well, but Ricky broke his leg right before the finals and Canberra fell apart. Considering the sheer talent in both sides, it arguably would have been up there as one of the best GF's in history, if not the best.

A GF between the Broncos and Raiders now wouldn't be as good, but it's one I've always hoped for.

2015 Broncos vs 2019 Raiders would be sweet. Hopefully the 2020-21 Broncos are up to it.

The Raiders historically have played in some great Grand Finals, including one of the best ever. Lets hope Sunday is more of the same.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.