VOTE Who do you want as the next Brisbane Broncos coach?

Who do you want as the next Broncos coach?

• Total voters
I’ve got absolutely zero faith in Maguire being the right choice. If that’s who they pick I’ll struggle to get behind it.

Can't believe I'm saying this but 100% Madge.

Premiership winner and has coached at a big club with big expectations previously. Did good with the Kiwis and somewhere won Origin last year against the odds.

Listening to this interview with Matty Johns and the 'return to clubland' and 'Washmania' chapters is pretty interesting.

Also, Denan Kemp had some good points on this episode as well.

I smell bullshit. I don't care how damning the review was, I don't see them sacking him if the deal isn't 90% done tbh.
Full credit to the Buzz:

Don't think Maguire should be an option as he is under contract with NSWRL

Well, NSWRL hired him while he was under contract to the NZRL

Everyone on the list is under contract by someone.

in fact it's rare for someone to take over as a clubs coach, while not currently under contract with another club / team

Are you a woman? You are very emotional. Would explain the obsession with the stats padder paddy as well

So besides being a ****, you are being a sexist ****.

And no, i'm not emotional, i just cant stand the grubs from south of the border.

Keen to hear why.

Genuine question - what has he achieved as a coach?

I'm definitely not advocating for him but he won a Premiership as the Panthers NSW cup coach in 2022, before being elevated to Cleary's assistant in 2023.

FYI the Panthers NSW cup team missed the finals in 2023

I smell bullshit. I don't care how damning the review was, I don't see them sacking him if the deal isn't 90% done tbh.
Agree, it's done IMO and has been for a few weeks.
Explains why they didn't jump to Kevs defence when he was copping it until the journos on 360 called them on it.
Buzz's shoosh file a short time later abviously referred to the Broncs then the podcast suedo job interview.
Madge would have had to clear it with the NSWRL too.
I'd love to see the questions from the review though to see if they were framed in a way to get a certain response.

So if we get Madge does that mean he’ll find his own assistant or is Trent barret already signed as assistant?

So if we get Madge does that mean he’ll find his own assistant or is Trent barret already signed as assistant?

DD has reportedly confirmed that Barrett and Te'o will be assistants next year.

and that's not a bad thing

Maguire I guess. But the board should tell him that his assistant is going to be the next Broncos coach so he has to bring a Hannay/Wallace/Te’o with him and take him under his wing. We need to be better with planning for the future
I'm not sure telling the new coach their expiry date is a great idea.

"Hey mate, the gigs yours for now but we are gonna **** you off before too long. Can you train the next bloke who we will eventually sack a few years later?"

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • Fitzy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Skyblues87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Big Del
  • Nerd
  • broncos4life
  • Hoof Hearted
  • sooticus
  • Wolfie
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Stix
  • pennywisealfie
  • Dee
  • ostin86
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
... and 28 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.