Who is the best game manager post-Cam Smith?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
With Melbourne obviously struggling to manage big games without the goat game manager - who now holds that mantle ?

Cleary would be up there but I think he has shown to come up short in tough big games - rather he controls games when they are doing it fairly easy.

DCE is great in clutch moments but is inconsistent when it comes to the grind.

Reynolds has been great this finals series and the game v Penrith was a masterclass in management.

Other big spine options seem inconsistent and struggle under pressure.

Who’s the best game manager In the game since Smith retired?

It would be either Cleary or Reynolds for mine.

Reynolds probably has to edge due to his experience, Cleary a bit more dangerous running the ball being the younger of the 2.

Agree with the comment about Cleary, in the Souths game a few weeks back he went for a chip and chase. I reckon he would've liked that play over again.

It would be either Cleary or Reynolds for mine.

Reynolds probably has to edge due to his experience, Cleary a bit more dangerous running the ball being the younger of the 2.

Agree with the comment about Cleary, in the Souths game a few weeks back he went for a chip and chase. I reckon he would've liked that play over again.
Yeah no doubt Cleary is the most impressive half in the game. Probably the best talent since JT and I am amazed how good he is at this age. I can’t imagine what he’ll be in his late 20’s with a few more years experience under his belt.

Strictly speaking on game management though I’m not sure he’s quite there yet.

Keary probably deserves a mention

It's between Reynolds and Cleary. Cleary is obviously a better player but Reynolds arguably has the experience edge. I guess we'll find out Sunday.

Does blatant corruption and blindness count as game management?

Politics would have to be right up there, he gets what he wants, usually via paper bags.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • sooticus
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.