Who is the best player in the game at the moment?

Best player in the NRL is....

• Total voters
Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Been a lot of names thrown around by various commentators about who is the best player in the game at the moment. So who do you reckon it is?

I have put 5 in the poll who I think deserve a nomination. If anyone thinks someone else should be in there just speak up.

My vote goes to Cameron Smith. He doesn't have the flare of the others but as far as orgnanising a team and giving it direction goes, he is head and shoulders IMO. His work out of dummy half makes so much room for his forwards to just gain metres.

Between Smith and Thurston for mine, I guess. Smith, like you said, is the ultimate controlling player. Even better than Johns ever was IMO. Thurston is just an attacking genius, and one of the most creative players of all time.

Lockyer isn't too far behind either, of course.

my bias won't allow me to vote for anyone but Locky.

Justin Hodges for mine

Smith for mine. Despite Cronk and Slater, there's no way the Storm would be anywhere near the top of ladder without him IMO.
Locky and Thurston equal seconds because of their importance and influence in their respective teams.

Scariest thought for NSW is that the Qld 1, 6, 7 and 9 are all firing on all cylinders atm.

Thurston for mine.

The man can do anything on the football field and often pulls off the impossible.

He is a freak !!

Thurston IMO. Smith is awesome but I just feel Thurston gets him just.

Smith IMO. When all is going well, nobody's better than Thurston, but when his team is under the pump Thurston too often goes to pieces. Smith never seems to lose his head and has a knack of getting his teams out of danger.

I agree with those who said Smith. I think I've only ever seen him play one bad game and that was the game before the salary cap drama broke last year. Understandable really.

I said Thurston. Smith is not too far behind. Both are the catalyst to their team's performance, but JT just has that bit of wow factor which get's him over the line in front of Smith.

Like it was mentioned before, how good is it the Queensland 6,7 & 9 are all in top form right now!

Smith.

If you're starting a new franchise, he's surely the first player you would look at recruiting.

I don't think I've seen Locky play better than what he is at the moment. His influence on our team throughout the game is extremely underrated and undervalued.

Johnathan Thurston. He is in unbelievable form. Cam Smith is a shade behind him imo.

Matt Orford. He's won more games singlehandedly for teams this year than anyone else.

Unfortunately, none for Canberra.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.