Who replaces Smith?

The issue is that you are making statements without any real substance or anyway to prove them and are just covering yourself by saying that these are just possibilities.

Anything is possible, I think most people would agree with that but what exactly is your point?

So I'm not allowed to make hypothetical statements in a thread designed to speculate about the potential hypothetical future replacements of a team? Right.. carry on..

No im comparing a kid who did alright last year and hasn't even returned from an ACL injury to someone who is already in the frame for selection and in the last 7 games has already gotten better. Seems like Hunt is on the way up based on his form. Meanwhile Elgey can't run. But yeah, let's talk about 2 years time when there's so many things that could happen.

I really don't understand how this super evolution of some young players is only a legitimate response when it doesn't involve Hunt. He's still learning and he's still getting better too.

I am well aware that Kane Elgey is injured. This thread is designed to discuss hypothetical replacements for Cameron Smith, which strayed into hypothetical replacements for all of the spine players of Queensland, I have listed multiple young Queensland eligible players who could potentially be prime candidates in a couple of years time, there is also a scenario in which Benjamin Hunt is the best choice in a couple of years time, only time will tell, thank you for reading.

But all four have a better future according to you and you thought so low of Hunt that you didn't even have him as a potential #7 initially.

Poor ol' Benny, somebody get the shovel ready. It's only a matter of time before the selectors learn of Cooper Bambling, Jayden Nikorima and Kalyn Ponga.

So I'm not allowed to make hypothetical statements in a thread designed to speculate about the potential hypothetical future replacements of a team? Right.. carry on..

You're more than welcome to. But so are we.

Ben Hunt to win the next 7 Dally M awards and captain the Broncos, QLD and Australia ft. Semi Radradra in the next bazillion premierships, Origins and Test matches, if he works on his kicking game..

Last edited:
I am well aware that Kane Elgey is injured. This thread is designed to discuss hypothetical replacements for Cameron Smith, which strayed into hypothetical replacements for all of the spine players of Queensland, I have listed multiple young Queensland eligible players who could potentially be prime candidates in a couple of years time, there is also a scenario in which Benjamin Hunt is the best choice in a couple of years time, only time will tell, thank you for reading.

This is really embarrassing but his name is actually Benedict Hunt.

But all four have a better future according to you and you thought so low of Hunt that you didn't even have him as a potential #7 initially.

Poor ol' Benny, somebody get the shovel ready. It's only a matter of time before the selectors learn of Cooper Bambling, Jayden Nikorima and Kalyn Ponga.

Now that's just simply not true Peter.

I listed those 4 as my potential candidates and stated that "It depends on which of these guys step up over the next 2 years", I never said all 4 of them would be better than Hunt, I'm sure he'll be in the frame for Origin for the next several years, I'm just backing one of the young guns to make a Milford-esque rise to fame in that time.

All four were in the running.

Hunt wasn't since he wasn't a "long term option".

You've since backtracked but it's an interesting slip of the tongue none the less.

Maybe Hunt has a better chance in the 9?

As much as I like Hunt, I can't see him playing for Queensland long-term, so I wouldn't be picking Macca based on the synergy aspect.

I think long-term we'll be looking at one of these, depending on who steps up over the next 2 seasons, we've gotta remember that Hunt will likely be nearly 30 by the time Thurston & Cronk retire, same with DCE.

1. Munster / Holmes
6. Milford
7. Mbye / Elgey / Taylor / Morgan

Now that's just simply not true Peter.

I listed those 4 as my potential candidates and stated that "It depends on which of these guys step up over the next 2 years", I never said all 4 of them would be better than Hunt, I'm sure he'll be in the frame for Origin for the next several years, I'm just backing one of the young guns to make a Milford-esque rise to fame in that time.

You backtracked once you were questioned, but that certainly is not what you started out saying...

All four were in the running.

Hunt wasn't since he wasn't a "long term option".

You've since backtracked but it's an interesting slip of the tongue none the less.

Maybe Hunt has a better chance in the 9?

You backtracked once you were questioned, but that certainly is not what you started out saying...

At which point did I backtrack fellas? I simply stated that Hunt wasn't a long-term option, which is biologically accurate, considering he'll likely be 28+ by the time Thurston & Cronk retire, unless you're both insinuating that Hunt will play into his late 30's..

I personally think that Hunt and Milford will be the next QLD Origin combination. I am backing Ben to continue to improve throughout the year as he has been and be the dominate halfback in the NRL by the end of the year (maybe behind Thurston).

Some people really under rate Ben Hunt on here and since he hasn't be playing his best and are way to quick to shoot him down. I think that we will see him not just get back to his form from last year, he will improve on it.

Well since you asked...

At which point did I backtrack fellas?

The point where he wasn't even included as one of your potential 7s but then he was in fact in the frame...but only for a several years which is more than enough time for JT/Cronk/Smith to step down and for the changes to occur.

Well since you asked...

The point where he wasn't even included as one of your potential 7s but then he was in fact in the frame...but only for a several years which is more than enough time for JT/Cronk/Smith to step down and for the changes to occur.

I suppose lol, I should've been more clear when I made the list that I was backing one of those 4 guys to surpass Hunt, but if none of them went on that trajectory, he was the clear favourite to partner Milford, that's my bad.

Damn, why can't I get a serious anti-Hunt agenda going? :laugh:

Trying to bring this back on topic...

Could Hunt potentially figure as a 9? Or has that ship sailed once and for all?

giphy.gif

For QLD...?

I'd rather pursue that than Andrew McCullough......

Alright I'll be brave and not give options but definitives. Let's say 2019 the big 3 have all retired and Greg is still got enough to play in the centres but not fullback, and someone says "you have to pick the spine right now".

1. Munster
6. Milf
7. DCE
9. Parcell
14. Morgan

Last edited:

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • bazza
  • Broncorob
  • Browny
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • The True King
  • Broncs1459
  • Harry Sack
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.