VOTE Who should be the Broncos bench hooker?

Who should be the Broncos bench hooker?

• McCullough

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Segeyaro

Votes: 32 97.0%

• Total voters
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Thought this might be a more interesting discussion.

Segy, no question. If Macca is to be on the bench, it's not to cover that role.

To be honest, the Macca fan will definitely support him start and then have Turpin or Seg as bench hooker.

And the Macca hater will definitely use Turpin start and then Seg as bench.

So you see, the fact no one will choose Macca as bench hooker doesn’t reflect the fact someone is still with Macca.

If you want this topic more interesting, I’d suggest you put three or more options to cover the whole possibilities.

If you want this topic more interesting, I’d suggest you put three or more options to cover the whole possibilities.
Like who. there's no other hookers in our top 30.

Seggy by a mile. Macca offers nothing in attack from the bench.

Seems like Anthony seibold thinks it should be Macca. Spew

I'll let you know after this week. At this point it's Turpin and Segs but I'd like to see a proper rotation of Macca and Turpin first, with Turping getting the majority of minutes. Not the shit we saw on Sunday of them both playing long minutes.

If Turpin wasn't such a little farkin mad man terrier in defense I could almost see value in using Macca to absorb the early defensive work and then bring a fresh sharp Turpin on to get things going around the ruck, but honestly Macca is just not needed.

Turpin cutting blokes in half and giving sharp service from dummy half followed up by the spark off the bench that is Segeyaro is a great combination.

Macca should be the bench waterboy while Allan Langer is injured.

Just **** the **** off from our top 17. He's done. Done. Thanks for the service and as great a bloke as he is and I'd never doubt his absolute professionalism and commitment to the club, the game passed you by. Good on him for taking another year option, power to him he deserves the money he signed on for but he can collect his pay cheque in reserve grade.

Macca should be the bench waterboy while Allan Langer is injured.

Just **** the **** off from our top 17. He's done. Done. Thanks for the service and as great a bloke as he is and I'd never doubt his absolute professionalism and commitment to the club, the game passed you by. Good on him for taking another year option, power to him he deserves the money he signed on for but he can collect his pay cheque in reserve grade.
I honestly think he's best suited to a switch of clubs to get the best out of him. He's been in one place for so long he's gone stale. I think Penrith is perfect for him. Teach those wankers how to be professional. Once Cleary gets his mojo back he'll be a good combo with Macca and that other lively half they have there (Maloney won't be there much longer)

I’m hoping by next season Jake the God-Tier Rake Turpin is an 80 minute player and this question is redundant.

To remove bias, a question should be, what do you want from a replacement hooker? For most it would be to enable the starting hooker to go all out whilst on the field, increase/maintain intensity and take advantage of chances later in the game due to fatigue. Unfortunately, these are not macca's strengths and as such i think seggy.

There was a time we need macca as our forwards didnt have great endurance and fatigued (i.e thaiday and the like). However we have fit forwards with big engines that can meet the higher tackle counts than their predecessors and reduce the reliance on the hooker's tackle count.

To remove bias, a question should be, what do you want from a replacement hooker? For most it would be to enable the starting hooker to go all out whilst on the field, increase/maintain intensity and take advantage of chances later in the game due to fatigue. Unfortunately, these are not macca's strengths and as such i think seggy.

There was a time we need macca as our forwards didnt have great endurance and fatigued (i.e thaiday and the like). However we have fit forwards with big engines that can meet the higher tackle counts than their predecessors and reduce the reliance on the hooker's tackle count.
Not to mention Turpin tackles better them Macca.. and seggy's defence send just as good as Maccas anyway

Has anyone seen How Seggy played with the sharks last year off the bench, this guy is a true Spark, I still can't believe Sharks Dropped him he was their Strongest Attack weopon last year.

Segeryaro over Macca Every day of the week, the Two Hooker strategy is the way Forward.

I do think Turps needs to be on field for 80 mins though, I think he needs a positional change long term to Half he is a Big effort player that this side desperately needs.

Last edited:

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Jedhead
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.