Votes: 4 4.8%
  • C Oates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • J Isaako

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
I reckon if TPJ has turned things the way Petero and others are saying give him the captaincy. Tell him it’s just for one year and to take the whole teams performance personally.

He has the same crazy eyes as Tallis. Channel that rage and call out anyone not having the same siege mentality.
I half expect TPJ to be out the door after his next contract. Not because the Broncos dont want him, but because he might be wanting out of the Broncos

The hair cut shenanigans appeared to be him trying to get out early, because everything was turning to shit and team morale was in the toilet (thanks Seibold you c.nt)... only to realise no one was willing to give him crazy cash.

So that gave him one choice, stick with the Broncos have a massive year and play himself back into form and then when contract time comes the suitors will as well

He's also best mates with Lodge, so if Lodge is shown the door early it could also push TPJ further out the door

Last edited:
No but to be the (c) you need those qualities plus respect and be able to instil confidence and belief. Mathew comes across as a tuff nut, someone the younger guys look up to, someone who'd protect them if need be. Bit like Hodgey. Just what our current roster needs.

i agree with all that. in an ideal world, where football ability and on field leadership are the only considerations, then Lodge should be captain. unfortunately we don't live in that ideal world

i agree with all that. in an ideal world, where football ability and on field leadership are the only considerations, then Lodge should be captain. unfortunately we don't live in that ideal world
There is a significant Corporate and branding aspect to any Broncos Captaincy considerations and as you've pointed out, these likely prevent Lodge from being a viable choice, at least for now, but possibly forever.

Some more runs on the board in a Broncos jumper would certainly help his cause so it's up to him to do his part there and then I'd expect the public and corporate sentiment to be far more accepting of him becoming the public face of the club.

I half expect TPJ to be out the door after his next contract. Not because the Broncos dont want him, but because he might be wanting out of the Broncos

The hair cut shenanigans appeared to be him trying to get out early, because everything was turning to shit and team morale was in the toilet (thanks Seibold you c.nt)... only to realise no one was willing to give him crazy cash.

So that gave him one choice, stick with the Broncos have a massive year and play himself back into form and then when contract time comes the suitors will as well

He's also best mates with Lodge, so if Lodge is shown the door early it could also push TPJ further out the door
Yeah he was a gronk last year and showed a poor attitude but I’m willing to give all players a pass for having a bad attitude under Seibold and White. If the same players don’t grow some loyalty and heart under Walters and Donaghy then I’ll write them off.

Yeah he was a gronk last year and showed a poor attitude but I’m willing to give all players a pass for having a bad attitude under Seibold and White. If the same players don’t grow some loyalty and heart under Walters and Donaghy then I’ll write them off.
To be really fair, TPJ had a number of question marks over him even before Seibold came on board. The haircut scenario wasn't an isolated issue for TPJ.

I'm hopeful he turns it around to. He's certainly saying all the right things so let's see if he can walk the walk now as well.

This interview with Ben Te'o is the most candid insider commentary on what's happening behind the scenes this year I've yet to hear. Everyone else is by-numbers platitudes. In particular, listen to what he has to say about what Cameron Smith would bring to the side (last couple of minutes) - basically, there's a leadership vaccuum right now:

Last edited:

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Culhwch
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Dazza 92
  • barker
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Astro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.