VOTE Who should play for our right center?

Who do you think should play at right center

• James Roberts

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Gehamat Shibasaki

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • David Fifita

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Jaydn Su’A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Kennar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Izaia Perese

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Others

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
I can't agree with that. Last night in particular, I felt Boyd was the glue that held our young side together for lot of the game. I felt he showed some real leadership which is exactly what we needed, and exactly what many of us here have complained we lacked. Boyd is stepping up as captain and for mine, this side needs him this year (along with Gillett leading in the forwards).

As for Roberts, I agree with you.

Yeah this.

IMO, without Boyd we lose against the Roosters. His talk, especially in defence, was IMO a big reason why we won.

I especially liked what I saw when Milford kicked that field goal. When we were getting in position, the whole way back Boyd was talking to Milford, barking orders.

And being at the game, you can see more than what you can see on TV and Boyd's communication was constant, especially when Roosters scored. He was laying down the law. Not only that, but he was always one of the first people coming in to pat someone on the back encouraging them.

He has stepped up a lot in the past couple of weeks when it comes to effort and leadership.

I hope it continues. However, there is a part of me that gets the feeling it won't for much longer.

I think Shiba deserves another shot.

If Roberts can pull his finger out and put the work in and show why he should be in the side, I would absolutely put him back in.

Until then, Shiba it is.

As for Fifita, I don't know why people want him at centre. As we saw in the Manly game, backrowers defending at centre isn't ideal.

The other issue with Roberts are his injuries. He’s looked broken for 2 seasons and perhaps it’s starting to effect him mentally and to me his actions suggest a bit of depression setting in. Maybe he needs a break to get everything right but when he’s fully fit and committed, none of these up and coming speed players can touch him.

Does anyone think that Glenn would be good in center? Nobody could run over him, he would be great coming out of our own half, then in a few years we replace him with a young player.

Does anyone think that Glenn would be good in center? Nobody could run over him, he would be great coming out of our own half, then in a few years we replace him with a young player.

No , if you're going to go that you'd go with Fifita. But Shiba is just as big and if we are going with youth we should stick with it imo
Like many have said if Roberts pulls his finger out then bring him in.

The other issue with Roberts are his injuries. He’s looked broken for 2 seasons and perhaps it’s starting to effect him mentally and to me his actions suggest a bit of depression setting in. Maybe he needs a break to get everything right but when he’s fully fit and committed, none of these up and coming speed players can touch him.

Yep his constant injuries are as much of a concern as his attitude. I feel really bad for Bird as well, but if he comes back next year and gets injured again early in the season, I think he will have to go. Can't be carrying guys with constant injuries and endless bad luck.

If Roberts can get his attitude on point like he did with Bennett, would pick him anyday. He is one of our x factors who can break a game open from nothing. Against the rooters last yr. That was amazing

Jimmy is a gun. Shibba is an honest kind of footy player but jimmy is a match winner.

There is a lot of people who think Jimmy should walk straight back into the starting centre spot. Does he even deserve it? His attack has been sub-par and his laziness is stopping him from going looking for work. Let's not even talk about his defence.

I will say that we have not utilised his skill set fully since he joined our club, and there is a chance that young Tommy could present him with more opportunities within Seibolds set up. However, as it stands I don't think he is doing enough to maintain his spot, especially if the reports of his poor attitude are true.

Shibisaki's defence looks really solid, that is a big plus for our team. I also get the feeling that he has a lot more to offer in attack than what we have seen. As Dearden's confidence continues to grow I imagine Shiba will be a beneficiary. I'm more than happy for the current experiment to continue.

Near Pointless thread.

We have Bird injured and Roberts with some issues. The issues haven't been made publicly clear, so we are guessing to rumours why Roberts isn't in the starting side.

Once a decision is made on Roberts, be it attitude clean up or he moves on - with clear info then we can start speculating.

He's filled in there before and done a good job, knows how to draw and pass and has a decent passing game. Isn't the worst option.

Near Pointless thread.

We have Bird injured and Roberts with some issues. The issues haven't been made publicly clear, so we are guessing to rumours why Roberts isn't in the starting side.

Once a decision is made on Roberts, be it attitude clean up or he moves on - with clear info then we can start speculating.
Isn’t that the forum for? For us to discuss?
Or we just wait for every decision made from the club officially?

This is for sure a pointless response though

Near Pointless thread.

I don't think you quite get the point of internet forums.

Even if Roberts was firing at 100%, there still remains the mystery as to how to use him best. Can’t just pray he runs around the opposition every time. Seems like seibold has found a way to utilise Oates in field running off Milford, wonder what could be done with Roberts. Seems like there’s so much untapped attacking options a guy like Lockyer would have rubbed his hands at.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.