VOTE Who should play for our right center?

Who do you think should play at right center

• James Roberts

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Gehamat Shibasaki

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • David Fifita

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Jaydn Su’A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Kennar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Izaia Perese

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Others

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Even if Roberts was firing at 100%, there still remains the mystery as to how to use him best. Can’t just pray he runs around the opposition every time. Seems like seibold has found a way to utilise Oates in field running off Milford, wonder what could be done with Roberts. Seems like there’s so much untapped attacking options a guy like Lockyer would have rubbed his hands at.

Well, in the Wabbits game, I remember Milf chip kicking for Roberts who nearly regathered and that would have been a try, again IIRC. For mine, that sort of set play is an excellent way of using Roberts's pace. AT a minimum, it certainly turns the defence around and puts them in two minds every time Milf gets the ball with Roberts in the frame.

Also, I do have a question mark over one aspect of Seibolds current game plan in that it doesn't create opportunities for someone as quick and strong running as Roberts. That aspect is not using the width of the field when we are running the ball, especially running it back mid field. Last night was a good example which people noticed and commented. We were bunched a lot. That means our speed is nullified, along with our strong running edge forwards like Fifita.

I'd like to see Seibold change that so that we spread the ball wide a lot more whether or not Roberts plays. In any case, that sort of bunching is hardly inspiring for a really quick centre like James, even though that is still no excuse for a slack attitude as he has shown and needs to eliminate.

Last edited:
I like what Seibold has done with bringing Oates around for the line-running back-rower play. It's smart, and it utilises a player's strengths regardless of what number they have on their back. We've only just seen it in the last few weeks. The point being is that if Roberts decides to get on board, I have no doubt that Seibold will find a way to utilise him. While Boyd is doing a decent enough job of marshalling the troops from the back, he's no line-breaker. So having Roberts sniffing around in the middle for offloads, like an attacking fullback would, is something you would think Seibold would consider.

I haven't given up on Jimmy yet.

I like what Seibold has done with bringing Oates around for the line-running back-rower play. It's smart, and it utilises a player's strengths regardless of what number they have on their back. We've only just seen it in the last few weeks. The point being is that if Roberts decides to get on board, I have no doubt that Seibold will find a way to utilise him. While Boyd is doing a decent enough job of marshalling the troops from the back, he's no line-breaker. So having Roberts sniffing around in the middle for offloads, like an attacking fullback would, is something you would think Seibold would consider.

I haven't given up on Jimmy yet.
Didn't we use the Oates play last year too, or am I remembering wrong?

Didn't we use the Oates play last year too, or am I remembering wrong?
Only off the scrum from memory... we basically setup a normal block play off the scrum with Oates as the second rower (because he is one) and a lot of the time milf would go short to him as the lead runner

I believe defense win the title. Even James’ best day, his defense is questionable.

The last several seasons we don’t have a clear structure or system to follow, so sometimes we beat top 4 because of our players putting on incredible show, sometimes we could lose to some teams sitting on the bottom of the ladder.

Roberts can be really inspirational with his speed, but he can only play well under certain coach under certain circumstances or even certain weather...... if I’ve got choice, I would rather have our team play under the system and can match any team even most of the players have a poor day, instead of hoping certain player acting like a hero win us a match or two. The bond between Roberts and Bennett is clearly long term, which is definitely not Seibold’s case, and I seriously doubt Roberts are that professional.

Roberts is the FAR more talented but Shiba is the FAR more dedicated. Jimmy needs to earn his place back. He couldn't care less (perceptionally anyway) against the Rabbits so that sort of attitude is toxic. Seeing his side play like they did last night without him should light the fire in his belly. That is what it means to play for the jersey by 17 blokes who want to be there.

Someone who disrespected the jersey like Roberts did against Souths, well, I don't want them anywhere near the side until he addresses that pathetic attitude.

In terms of what it does for team mentality and culture, you pick dedication over talent every single time

Jimmy is a gun. Shibba is an honest kind of footy player but jimmy is a match winner.

It's funny, Roberts has all the speed, elusiveness and x-factor you would want from a player but he's only scored the match-winning try once in his entire time with us.

He was a lot like Folau. Excellent at scoring an early try or when the result was already decided but very few when it actually mattered.

It's funny, Roberts has all the speed, elusiveness and x-factor you would want from a player but he's only scored the match-winning try once in his entire time with us.

He was a lot like Folau. Excellent at scoring an early try or when the result was already decided but very few when it actually mattered.

Oh wow really? I feel like it's happened more than once. I guess some of his tries stick in my mind more. He's still a weapon.

Maybe not match winners, but how many has he scored against the run of play? Or from outside the 20? Certainly feels like it would be a decent list, which I guess is the thing...his tries always seem to stick out because they're rarely run of the mill, set play stuff. There's always him putting the step on a defender or leaving the chasers in his dust.

Straight off the top of my head, the one against the Roosters is probably the one you're referring to. It may not have been a match-winner, but he scored one almost identical against the Cowboys when we were behind by 6. Got us even & Milford kicked the FG. Just as important IMO.

His match winner was against GC wasn't it? All he had to do was catch the ball after Gillett did the charge down.
Had to beat 2-3 players as well I believe

Straight off the top of my head, the one against the Roosters is probably the one you're referring to. It may not have been a match-winner, but he scored one almost identical against the Cowboys when we were behind by 6. Got us even & Milford kicked the FG. Just as important IMO.

I agree with that about his try winning the game against the Roosters. It was a game winning play because it changed the game. You dont always have to score the winning try to have a massive impact on the game.

Still a shame he only pulls those plays out once in a blue moon. There's a reason Renouf was the first ever player to be offered 1mil\season.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.