VOTE Who should play for our right center?

Who do you think should play at right center

• James Roberts

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Gehamat Shibasaki

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • David Fifita

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Jaydn Su’A

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Kennar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Izaia Perese

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Others

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
R

Rookie Alan

QCup Player
Apr 9, 2019
Apparently there’s quite a few still believe we should give James Roberts another go as he’s still highly recognised as Blue center candidates for this year Origin.

I’ve slammed Shibasaki’s performance when he’s playing out of position against Manly, but I do like his solid defense against Roosters. Also you don’t change a winning team

So who do you prefer as our center?

You put a fit Roberts in that side last night, and he actually gives a shit, he fucking carves up. This is purely attitude, not ability. If he won't plug in, he can **** off no worries, Broncos finally moving past Bennett's dilemma, and putting the club above the players.

I don’t think you can go past a committed and motivated Roberts. I just don’t think he’s either of those things at the moment.
I think I’ve read an article saying Roberts used to addicted to alcohol and then quit, inspired by brother and finally make it to the Blues.

So the moment he got that drunk a few weeks ago, I knew he’s no good to save, I don’t mind players drink, but if he’s serious enough to be called addicted, then he should probably keep clean or drink as little as possible.

So I really don’t think he could work it out, he might show up, but his body, his mind, his form is no longer there.

as of right now Shibasaki should be in that position, he is very good defensively, and i think his attack will improve with a little bit of time.

however, if Roberts attitude and commitment improve, then he should re-claim that position. it shouldn't just be handed back to him, he needs to prove that he has changed by his training attitude and his performances in the ISC

as of right now Shibasaki should be in that position, he is very good defensively, and i think his attack will improve with a little bit of time.

however, if Roberts attitude and commitment improve, then he should re-claim that position. it shouldn't just be handed back to him, he needs to prove that he has changed by his training attitude and his performances in the ISC

Nothing more motivating than seeing your team mates winning without you

The whole time Roberts has played for us it's always been "we don't know how to use him" our other centres have shown it's not the team, it's Roberts. Slowly we are seeing what this team is capable of when underperforming players are dropped and put on notice. It's only two games but we have looked a completely different team, fast and enthusiastic, lose Boyd and we could be anything.

Keep Shiba there for now, Coates next year or year after.

The whole time Roberts has played for us it's always been "we don't know how to use him" our other centres have shown it's not the team, it's Roberts. Slowly we are seeing what this team is capable of when underperforming players are dropped and put on notice. It's only two games but we have looked a completely different team, fast and enthusiastic, lose Boyd and we could be anything.

Keep Shiba there for now, Coates next year or year after.

I can't agree with that. Last night in particular, I felt Boyd was the glue that held our young side together for lot of the game. I felt he showed some real leadership which is exactly what we needed, and exactly what many of us here have complained we lacked. Boyd is stepping up as captain and for mine, this side needs him this year (along with Gillett leading in the forwards).

As for Roberts, I agree with you.

Last edited:
He's a one trick pony with his cut out pass to Oates (which he blew multiple times last night), its why the Bunnies handled us so easily. Boyd has the ball, stack defence on Oates, he isn't going to step, he isn't going to take on the line, just pass. Leadership can be found within the group, Dearden is already on of the most vocal in the team.

Last edited:
He's a one trick pony with his cut out pass to Oates (which he blew multiple times last night), its why the Bunnies handled us so easily. Boyd has the ball, stack defence on Oates, he isn't going to step, he isn't going to take on the line, just pass. Leadership can be found within the group, Dearden is already on of the most vocal in the team.

Well this is about our right centre not Boyd so I have said my piece.

Roberts is the FAR more talented but Shiba is the FAR more dedicated. Jimmy needs to earn his place back. He couldn't care less (perceptionally anyway) against the Rabbits so that sort of attitude is toxic. Seeing his side play like they did last night without him should light the fire in his belly. That is what it means to play for the jersey by 17 blokes who want to be there.

Someone who disrespected the jersey like Roberts did against Souths, well, I don't want them anywhere near the side until he addresses that pathetic attitude.

Can't vote in this because there's no clear answer given the current data. Roberts is a proven game winner, but his form has been questionable all season and there's something going on we're not being told. Shiba looked better this week but hasn't exactly nailed it.

It should be Roberts in a landslide, but I'll back the coach on this one. If he says that's Shiba, that'll do me.

Normally I would say Roberts easily, but if he has gone off the deep end attitude wise which seems to be the case, our only choice is Shibasaki until Bird is fit.

Can't vote in this because there's no clear answer given the current data. Roberts is a proven game winner, but his form has been questionable all season and there's something going on we're not being told. Shiba looked better this week but hasn't exactly nailed it.

It should be Roberts in a landslide, but I'll back the coach on this one. If he says that's Shiba, that'll do me.

I'd just say that Shibasaki is a good player who deserves his spot. Leave out the hyperbole around Roberts.

You're either in with him or you're out. Stop hedging your bets.

Shibasaki is God! Am I doing this right?

Team looks a lot better without Roberts at the moment
Unless he pulls his finger out and starts buying into the system then I’m more than happy to run with Shibasaki or Fifita if need be

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.