Who will replace Inglis?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
With Inglis definitely missing the 2017 State of Origin series, who do you think will replace him at left centre?

At the moment the logical choice would be either Gagai or O'Neill with Chambers retaining that right centre position. But then we also have Boyd (if Slater returns), Munster, McDonald and Mbye who can play in the centres.

Don't think it matters that Inglis is missing. We will cover it easily. Inglis hasn't been the player of bygone years for a long time. Personally, Gagai is my choice .

Inglis is always very good at Origin

My team would be:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Holmes
6. JT
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. McGuire
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Papalii

14. Milford
15. Napa
16. Cooper
17. Sims

Have I forgotten someone?

Personally I don't think O'Neill will lose his spot with Inglis out.

I think he will take that centre spot with Gagai on the wing.

Gagai was outstanding on the wing for Queensland. Leave him there I say and go with O'Neill or whoever steps up in the centres.

What about Morgan at centre? That leaves a spot for another utility on the bench.

What eligible centres are available?

Tautau Moga
Brenko Lee
Ricky Leutele
Will Chambers
Dane Gagai
Justin O'Neil

Without moving players around it's slim pickings. Hopefully Chambers can step up.

What about Morgan at centre? That leaves a spot for another utility on the bench.
I like the idea, would possibly see Milford debut on the bench as well.

Morgan in the centres and Milf on the bench, I like it.

I guess we'll see if Kevvie is a conservative coach or if he likes to roll the dice.

Morgan in the centres and Milf on the bench, I like it.

I guess we'll see if Kevvie is a conservative coach or if he likes to roll the dice.

I can't see it happening.

I can't see him picking someone that has never played centre.

Surely Chambers will take Inglis place. IF there is going to be another change in the centers, i would think it will be Holmes onto the wing, and Gagai or O'Neil missing out.

Surely Chambers will take Inglis place. IF there is going to be another change in the centers, i would think it will be Holmes onto the wing, and Gagai or O'Neil missing out.

Yeah most likely but there is no way Gagai isn't in the side, he has been phenomenal in every origin he's played thus far.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bish
  • Broncorob
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.