Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Troy Dargan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other marque signing

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been thinking about that point.

Bear with me before flying off the handle here guys.

Would it be a bad move to let Turpin go? Wait, don't fire away, hear me out.

I don't want to lose Turpin and he is EASILY better than Macca. I would love to keep him over Macca and wouldn't even hesitate. However, it isn't that simple is it. Macca has two years in his favour and I doubt he will have any legit suiters, he just isn't that good for another team to offer the wage he is on.

So, we are stuck with Macca, we all know it. Is Turpin the next Cook? Smith? Farah? I have no idea but what I do know is this - he is good, very good but don't the Broncs have another promising kid coming through? Now, letting Turps go is a risk but the retention committee has bought this on the club by some bad long-term re-signings in Macca, Boyd and Gillett. Something has to give. Segs is signed up most likely on minimum wage. So Macca and Segs for the next two year, hopefully this kid coming through or Paix is ready then.

Again, this isn't the best solution and Turps may decide to stay for under what he is worth but some tough decisions are going to have to be made due to some stupid retention decisions around some of the older guys.

That said, Gillett may retire and free up some cash, I don't know I just have a feeling about that.

Seems likely since the club can't keep naming 3 hookers every game, Turpin the one to jump ship and find more NRL game time at the Bulldogs or whoever.
We can continue the great charity work towards Macca and Boyd for the next 2 years.

Lets just get some famous names into the club 🤣

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Tristan Sailor
6. Billy Walters
7. Lachlan Lewis

Lets just get some famous names into the club 🤣

1. Anthony Milford
2. Corey Oates
3. Darius Boyd
4. Kotoni Staggs
5. Tristan Sailor
6. Billy Walters
7. Lachlan Lewis
That could actually work.

Active Now

• Dony Eliakim
  • TimWhatley
  • Battler
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • Fatboy
  • MrMoore
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  • cento
  • The Don
  • Shane Tronc
  • Evander
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.