Why its SO important we start well in 2022!

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Player
Oct 13, 2014
So, with Adam Reynolds joining next season, i thought id start a thread to examine the implications.

It is my contention that a good-great start for the 2022 season is absolutely crucial, and these are my reasons.

You have to wonder why exactly Reynolds chose to join? Did he come here to work under Kevin Walters? The guy is working under one of the all-time greats in WB. The only player who actually wants to work under Kevvie is his son....noone else..

Is he here for the cash? Well apparently he is here on less than what Cronulla offered, so thats probably not the reason...

The only thing that makes any sense is he still feels he has 3 good years at the top left in him, and we were the only club who agreed to that length of contract.

So, the minute he steps onto Red Hill next season, the clocks starts ticking. If Reynolds is going to be fair dinkum playing here id imagine there has been some assurances from the club that they will go all in on his time frame (3 years).

So, we have 1 clock in terms of fielding a competitive team on Reynolds timeline, and the 2nd clock ticking which is who/where/how do we find the next Reynolds?

So if this season is about determining who needs a place in the 13, who doesnt and what our bench looks like, then the start we have next year is really important.

If the league sees that Reynolds plus whoever we have around him are competitive, then it increases the chance of onboarding key 2022 FA's in positions of need. That way, mid-way through Reynolds 2nd year we could have a top 6 side potentially with room to grow from there. And ive no doubt the coach in charge by then wont be Walters.

Its a short window. We have to think strategically, act decisively and maximise every opportunity to improve.

And it starts game 1 2022 NRL season...

The only player who actually wants to work under Kevvie is his son....noone else..

complete BS

The only thing that makes any sense is he still feels he has 3 good years at the top left in him, and we were the only club who agreed to that length of contract.

The Sharks also offered Reynolds a 3 year contract. he wanted 4, but neither club would agree to that

So, with Adam Reynolds joining next season, i thought id start a thread to examine the implications.

It is my contention that a good-great start for the 2022 season is absolutely crucial, and these are my reasons.

You have to wonder why exactly Reynolds chose to join? Did he come here to work under Kevin Walters? The guy is working under one of the all-time greats in WB. The only player who actually wants to work under Kevvie is his son....noone else..

Is he here for the cash? Well apparently he is here on less than what Cronulla offered, so thats probably not the reason...

So, the minute he steps onto Red Hill next season, the clocks starts ticking. If Reynolds is going to be fair dinkum playing here id imagine there has been some assurances from the club that they will go all in on his time frame (3 years).

So, we have 1 clock in terms of fielding a competitive team on Reynolds timeline, and the 2nd clock ticking which is who/where/how do we find the next Reynolds?

So if this season is about determining who needs a place in the 13, who doesnt and what our bench looks like, then the start we have next year is really important.

If the league sees that Reynolds plus whoever we have around him are competitive, then it increases the chance of onboarding key 2022 FA's in positions of need. That way, mid-way through Reynolds 2nd year we could have a top 6 side potentially with room to grow from there. And ive no doubt the coach in charge by then wont be Walters.

Its a short window. We have to think strategically, act decisively and maximise every opportunity to improve.

Mate normally your contributions to the forum are well timed and often seem thought out. Were you on something when you wrote this? Not like you at all. There is so much dribble I'd believe it if your account had been hacked.

After this season, it all depends on how our draw works out. SURELY we can't have back to back 16th rated draws, but it is us we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if we got Melbourne Round 1 next year, that's how blatant we've been getting fucked recently. Give us a QLD derby to start with for once, at least it would actually rate.

I was prepared to give you a go and read the remaining half a dozen paragraphs but after you said nobody wants to play under Kevvie, I had to swiftly move on.

After this season, it all depends on how our draw works out. SURELY we can't have back to back 16th rated draws, but it is us we're talking about. I wouldn't be surprised if we got Melbourne Round 1 next year, that's how blatant we've been getting fucked recently. Give us a QLD derby to start with for once, at least it would actually rate.
So much will play out between now and next year of course but I think a Friday at home against south shitney is probably most likely.

I was prepared to give you a go and read the remaining half a dozen paragraphs but after you said nobody wants to play under Kevvie, I had to swiftly move on.
mmm...point taken.....reads pretty harsh.....more about leaving a Wayne Bennett coach to a utter rookie....one dont often see the games best do something like that....

...yeh, wonder when that comes out...??? Surely it cant be as hard as the current draw..?

I'll give this a like. Most of this is pretty on song.. some of it is creative for sure and in my opinion a bold prediction we should revisit in 22/23.

Lots of interesting thinking here mate. I'll give it a pass for sure

I'd just like to see them string together some good consistent games of footy, I don't care if we lose all of those games by under 10 points.

It would firstly show the fans that Kevvie can get them up every week without dishing out a spray pre-game, it would also show the young players what it's like to play tough footy every week instead of every 2nd week or every home game in front of 40 thousand Brisbane fans.

mmm...point taken.....reads pretty harsh.....more about leaving a Wayne Bennett coach to a utter rookie....one dont often see the games best do something like that....
No you don't, but that's not what Reynolds has done.

By all reports Wayne is not the coach next year, JD is. So AR is going from a team coached by an actual rookie to a team coached by a second year coach.

V'landys is personally doing up our draw

Rd1: Melbourne
Rd2: Roosters
Rd3 : Eels
Rd4: Panthers
Rd6: Rabitohs
Rd7: Melbourne
Don’t forget a Cows game that we’ll inevitably lose by a point

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Mustafur
  • BRC088
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.