Why panic?

666

QCup Player
294
0
We are losing players yes, but apart from Hannant and Moon we haven't lost what i would call a great deal.

Kemp has been good of late, can find the line, but with Folau, Hodges, Michaels, Hunt leaves one spot on one wing up for grabs. We could see a kid like Manihera, Topou, Yow Yeh ect step into the role and shine. If Boyd stays which i doubt he will fill it.

Hannant has played ordinary for a while now, hasn't played a whole season, can be replaced. We have some good forwards still at the club, and with Bennett gone we will see more of them and they'll be given more game time.

Ennis is brilliant one week, ordinary the next. He has always had potential, but like Hodges when at the Roosters, turns into a grub and a tosser on the field when in form. His service from dummy half at times is dangerous for the opposition or for us, has no idea how to play safe, and could be called for foward passes out of dummy half a hell of alot. again we have some great young talent coming through in Butterfield and McCullough. People also forget Marsh was on fire before getting injured this year, Ennis stepped up after he was out, before that bench was all people thought he was good for. no huge loss.

Moon could be a big loss, I think he has talent, many don't. Time will tell who is right. People talk about or future 6, well he currently wears the 7, when the time is right hunt will come up from the under 20's and Wallace will shift.

Even with the players leaving and not selecting Boyd as he is probably gone, the following doesn't look to bad

1 - Hunt
2 - Michaels
3 - Hodges
4 - Folau
5 - Manihera/Yow Yeh/Topou
6 - Lockyer
7 - Wallace
8 - Kenny
9 - Marsh
10 - Clinton
11 - Thaiday
12 - Parker
13 - Eastwood

14 - Hoffman
15 - Sims
16 - Taylor
17 - Kenny

So whats the big deal bitches, bring on 09 I say, lets prove everyone wrong again. Of course after we get our stars back to nulify Bennetts current selection brain snaps and take out this year [icon_evillaugh
 

Caniffe

NRL Player
1,688
1,290
Any club with The Hoff in it is a sure thing.

I agree though, whilst quite a few are going out the door perhaps this allows the next K to be found. I'm more worried about losing Wallace after next year rather than anyone we're losing this year.
 

Alec

International Rep
17,453
9,214
Our forward pack next season is going to be one of the worst we've had in quite a number of years now...
 

666

QCup Player
294
0
Caniffe said:
Any club with The Hoff in it is a sure thing.

I agree though, whilst quite a few are going out the door perhaps this allows the next K to be found. I'm more worried about losing Wallace after next year rather than anyone we're losing this year.

Thats a while away, and with Lockyer probably retiring end of next year we can throw a bit of money at him or someone else to fill the role.
 

666

QCup Player
294
0
Alec said:
Our forward pack next season is going to be one of the worst we've had in quite a number of years now...

Pffft Carroll is the only big loss in our forward pack TBH. The others can be replaced, and will be. Our pack was suppose to be crap this year as well.
 

Alec

International Rep
17,453
9,214
666 said:
Alec said:
Our forward pack next season is going to be one of the worst we've had in quite a number of years now...

Pffft Carroll is the only big loss in our forward pack TBH. The others can be replaced, and will be. Our pack was suppose to be crap this year as well.

Without Carroll, our forwards will be lacking a leader. I don't think Clinton has got what it takes at the moment to be one either. Also losing Hannant is a blow as well - while his form this year wasn't consistently great, he was still very important to the side.
 

Jeza23

NRL Player
1,772
8
Home & Work
The team looks alright but we wont have a great deal of depth. That is what our issue will be next year

I know I have said it a 100 times but we MUST sign Wallace now, give him a 4 or 5 year deal. We can build a team around him, especially with young guys like Hunt and Falou in the side.
 

666

QCup Player
294
0
I don't think people have given clinton a chance to be honest. He played injured till being forced out, came back, played well then got injured again, hardly his fault. Given an injury free run he'll play to his ability for sure.

On Carroll, he has only played a couple of good games this year, the rest have been very very ordinary.

Hannant can and will be replaced.
 

666

QCup Player
294
0
oh and the players leaving have left for far more than they are worth or have been players the Broncos haven't wanted.
 

Jeza23

NRL Player
1,772
8
Home & Work
666 said:
I don't think people have given clinton a chance to be honest. He played injured till being forced out, came back, played well then got injured again, hardly his fault. Given an injury free run he'll play to his ability for sure.

On Carroll, he has only played a couple of good games this year, the rest have been very very ordinary.

Hannant can and will be replaced.

Ive been a Clinton fan all year, I have been one of the few sticking up for him. I believe him and Corey can become our forward leaders, if they arent already.

Clinton will be a good pick, he needs time to settle in, as any new recruit does!
 

666

QCup Player
294
0
Jeza23 said:
666 said:
I don't think people have given clinton a chance to be honest. He played injured till being forced out, came back, played well then got injured again, hardly his fault. Given an injury free run he'll play to his ability for sure.

On Carroll, he has only played a couple of good games this year, the rest have been very very ordinary.

Hannant can and will be replaced.

Ive been a Clinton fan all year, I have been one of the few sticking up for him. I believe him and Corey can become our forward leaders, if they arent already.

Clinton will be a good pick, he needs time to settle in, as any new recruit does!

and no injuries would be nice. The guy worked his arse off in the off season, dropped alot of weight, it's a shame injury has ruined what could have been a great year for him.
 

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
8,650
7,479
Bangalow
Folau needs to play wing, Michaels centre, Kenny has yet to prove himself, Taylor is all over the place, and Marsh is ... just above average.

Hoffman on the bench?
 

Jeza23

NRL Player
1,772
8
Home & Work
I would have Hoffman on one of the wings if we were to play Falou on one and Micheals in the centres.

Not much point in having him on the bench, unless Hunt was going to push into the forwards
 

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
8,650
7,479
Bangalow
Jeza23 said:
I would have Hoffman on one of the wings if we were to play Falou on one and Micheals in the centres.

Not much point in having him on the bench, unless Hunt was going to push into the forwards


Totally agree. But Hunt in the forwards? Like where?

IMO, Eastwood should be Tunsa's replacement.
 

Jeza23

NRL Player
1,772
8
Home & Work
rnabokov said:
Jeza23 said:
I would have Hoffman on one of the wings if we were to play Falou on one and Micheals in the centres.

Not much point in having him on the bench, unless Hunt was going to push into the forwards


Totally agree. But Hunt in the forwards? Like where?

IMO, Eastwood should be Tunsa's replacement.

Eastwood will start there I believe and he is our best option currently.

In regards to Hunt I could see him pushing up into lock when Eastwood goes off, allowing Hoffman to play at the back.

However as I said previously I would play him on the wing regardless, which would free up the bench spot for someone like Beale, Ben Hunt or McCollough, someone who is going to have an impact and add some spark to our attack.
 
G

Guest

Guest
I think we need to go shopping for a forward leader. Clinton isn't it. Parker maybe. But we need some more experience in the forwards and we have to go looking to find it.
 
More I see of what is going on at the club with the goings and few comings more I am actually starting to think that maybe just maybe Henjak is actually the one pulling the strings telling Bruno who he wants for HIS style of team that HE will coach in 2009.

After 21 years at a club he has huge shoes to fill and needs to put his stamp on the side and to do that needs to get rid of some of WB's favourites who may not be his favourites and also not be part of how he will coach the team to play in 2009.
 

Black Philip

State of Origin Captain
9,608
1,328
North Brisbane
My team for next year would be

1. Hunt
2. Hoffman
3. Michaels
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Kenny
9. Marsh
10. Clinton
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Eastwood

14. Beale
15. Taylor
16. Wapau (If he is as decent as people say then FFS give him a run.)
17. Sims
 

Jeba

International
6,501
248
Frank the Tank said:
just think how much better a position we'd be in if Bennett gave Berrick Barnes more than 15 minutes on the field in the ~18 rounds that we had him in his 1 year contract for.

Haha you're kidding yourself. Barnes is nowhere near as good as what he was cracked up to be. Look at how he's been going for the Reds lately, not setting the world on fire at all. And the only reason he broke into a Wallabies jersey is because the first choice was injured and it is an area where Australia has absolutely no depth whatsoever. You're just looking for another reason to blame Bennett but if Bennett actually did give Barnes a go you would be here saying how Bennett should not have given Barnes a go and I would've agreed with you.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top